IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

The other operating costs are a nothing story.

We have a section in our accounts for "other" too, because they just don't fit in any other section.

The issue with the board is the lack of commercial success and no investment or buyer in the last 20 years.

They have got enough things wrong without needing speculation on one more thing.

bravo the board got something right. we are where we should be in that order. other than villa the other clubs below us didn't disclose their terms so it's all conjecture, but glad we moved up from 9th to 7th. now we just need to do so in the league table.

although i slate the board, i'm happy to give props where it's due. it's due here.

Ours is also conjecture as the umbro deal wasn't fully disclosed.

We are in a fair position though. One issue is the massive gap between us and Spurs, that gap needs to close. By the time their stadium is finished that gap will probably be a lot bigger.

agreed although our league position and stadium situation make 7th good for us. the gulf between the haves and have nots is massive on that chart.

Edited by markjazzbassist

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-fans-view-after-years-6250933

Nothing new here as Haf has been telling us this stuff for years but it's a good read for those who are fortunately not in know. Yes I know it's the Mirror.

It seems Joe Jennings has managed to get his voice heard in a national though, so good for him. I do love how the club respond almost immediately "arthur" this time. Very defensive indeed.

Sums things up very well.

It really is wasted though. It's so engrained and political that most fans don't have the energy to interrogate or listen to something that makes them question "one of their own".

All I'll say is that when Johnson left we were a mess on the pitch but financially we were fine and had assets and he was actually trying to do things with the stadium... But he sold Big Duncan behind the managers back and was a kopite. Nuff said, on you go son.

One day the truth may come out. A fair bit of work has been done covering it up.

As said earlier, if kenwright is in ill health then I don't want all this to kick off. I hope this noise of announcements at 9:30 doesn't aim for Bill, it's about time the others spoke up.

It really is wasted though. It's so engrained and political that most fans don't have the energy to interrogate or listen to something that makes them question "one of their own".

All I'll say is that when Johnson left we were a mess on the pitch but financially we were fine and had assets and he was actually trying to do things with the stadium... But he sold Big Duncan behind the managers back and was a kopite. Nuff said, on you go son.

One day the truth may come out. A fair bit of work has been done covering it up.

As said earlier, if kenwright is in ill health then I don't want all this to kick off. I hope this noise of announcements at 9:30 doesn't aim for Bill, it's about time the others spoke up.

i've wondered if the reason we are doing so shitty in transfers lately is due to bill's health. maybe we can't afford someone to negotiate in his absence

True. Have you ever read David Conn's football business book, Matt? He goes to Park Food in Birkenhead and interviews Johnson. I'll dig it out later and provide some extracts.

Damn, I have that on my to-buy list, guess I need to move it up the ladder.

People forget that the last time the club splashed money on the transfer market (without selling first) was under Johnson. Maybe if his hamper business hadn't taken a hit things would have been different.

Damn, I have that on my to-buy list, guess I need to move it up the ladder.

People forget that the last time the club splashed money on the transfer market (without selling first) was under Johnson. Maybe if his hamper business hadn't taken a hit things would have been different.

the whole reason for him selling up, apparently. And at bargain basement prices.

The kppite Johnson actually took stick for the park end... What a joke! Yes it could have been a 30000 double Decker job but he actually took one of the worst stands in the league and made it decent.

Since that what has happened??? Blue stone chippings, and pretty much fuck all .

Ha ha brilliant, all the Elstone out shouts and then as soon as there is a rumour it may happen BK is slated for making him the fall guy!

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you dont

If he did this after his dreadful deals that we were signed up to a while back then it would be fair enough - the fact that this is rumoured now after the plane flyover etc smacks of desperation.

It would be akin to Brendan Rogers firing his coaches after last season.

But hey, every little bit helps. Get in someone who knows what they are doing.