IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

If he did this after his dreadful deals that we were signed up to a while back then it would be fair enough - the fact that this is rumoured now after the plane flyover etc smacks of desperation.

It would be akin to Brendan Rogers firing his coaches after last season.

But hey, every little bit helps. Get in someone who knows what they are doing.

Need a hand with your CV?

Even Styx agrees that that guy has too much time on his hands.

:lol:

(I saw Styx in London in the late 70s, Grand Illusion time, had a power cut half way into the first song! They played "unplugged" for about twenty minutes until it came back on, then went back and started from the beginning of the set again. Was brilliant)

:lol:

(I saw Styx in London in the late 70s, Grand Illusion time, had a power cut half way into the first song! They played "unplugged" for about twenty minutes until it came back on, then went back and started from the beginning of the set again. Was brilliant)

Haha that sounds like a wild time. Did the songs translate well "unplugged"? I wish I could lived during Styx's relevance. I've never known them as anything other than a band that has just clung on far too long and won't go away. I have to wonder if I would've been into it back in the day for more than the tongue-in-cheek kick I get out of them.

They weren't the first ones, we were also sponsored by SE Investments. Used to be on the sponsor boards where the players had after match interviews. They were run as a massive scam, taking people's money to invest but SE himself actually just used it to buy himself Ferarri's, mansions and yatch trips. I went to primary and high school with him, he won't be out for some time. But we took plenty of his dirty money.

Only half way through reading this:-

"A small minority of fans still insist, however, that Kenwright should pack up and go but the Evertonian owner, a staunch Blue since he was a child, is continuing to lead the club in its quest for silverware and success"

Maybe "media sweetners" amounting to £3m per year is incorprated in the "operating costs"....

I haven't commented on the paper site but i'll be honest the club are starting to look stupid now. Its almost laughable reading.

Funny isn't it - the press try and sell John Stones and there is uproar - but the same people who feel aggitation about that will celebrate a positive story about Blue Bill and co....

don't they understand - its all part of the same problem "THE MEDIA DO NOT WANT EVERTON TO BE A BIG CLUB" - we are there to get the odd little "good old Everton, historic club", "punching above weight", "bringing along youth to allow the sky 4 to prosper"

Everton are making huge strides thanks in no small part to Kenwright who saved the club in 1999 after making the purchase from former chairman Peter Johnson.

Taking over from a board who perennially battled relegation and brought in players coming towards the end of their careers on sizeable wages, Kenwright and Co set about being shrewd in the market and buying young players with a resale value which would help build up the club in the long-run.

How did he save us??? all Johnson did wrong really was to have a manager who bought badly, he balanced the books by selling a key player - something Kenwright has done numerous times. When I say Kenwright it must be Kenwright because apparently it was him who bought young players with resale value.....

Honestly - this is shockingly poor and desperate. They have done more harm than good with this crass attempt and will stir the hornets nest even more.

Aiding his managers to build such young, exciting squads with less money than many of his counterparts, it is difficult to understand how the theatre impresario is not given far more credit by fans;

He gave his managers money to spend.

But not as much as his counterparts gave their managers.

Am I reading it wrong or is this compliment not really a compliment?

Apart from that, the rest of it just says we should be happy with what we have and shut up. Stinks of propaganda to me.

Taking over from a board who perennially battled relegation and brought in players coming towards the end of their careers on sizeable wages, Kenwright and Co set about being shrewd in the market and buying young players with a resale value which would help build up the club in the long-run. That business plan has provided stability and steered Everton away from any potential battles against the drop. The Blues have subsequently finished in the top seven in eight of the last eleven seasons.

Kenwright & Co = David Moyes

While the current board are yet to secure a trophy, Everton have achieved plenty of successes during Kenwright's reign - breaking into the top four to earn a shot at Champions League qualification in 2005 is perhaps one of the greatest achievements by any side in Premier League history.

We are small time, you don't need a trophy lads, you finished 4th in the table once. Forget all the trophies in the cabinet from before now, this was the greatest ever.

I had to stop here, I don't like feeling patronised by the mail of all people.

Edited by StevO

Aiding his managers to build such young, exciting squads with less money than many of his counterparts, it is difficult to understand how the theatre impresario is not given far more credit by fans;

He gave his managers money to spend.

But not as much as his counterparts gave their managers.

Am I reading it wrong or is this compliment not really a compliment?

Apart from that, the rest of it just says we should be happy with what we have and shut up. Stinks of propaganda to me.

Taking over from a board who perennially battled relegation and brought in players coming towards the end of their careers on sizeable wages, Kenwright and Co set about being shrewd in the market and buying young players with a resale value which would help build up the club in the long-run. That business plan has provided stability and steered Everton away from any potential battles against the drop. The Blues have subsequently finished in the top seven in eight of the last eleven seasons.

Kenwright & Co = David Moyes

While the current board are yet to secure a trophy, Everton have achieved plenty of successes during Kenwright's reign - breaking into the top four to earn a shot at Champions League qualification in 2005 is perhaps one of the greatest achievements by any side in Premier League history.

We are small time, you don't need a trophy lads, you finished 4th in the table once. Forget all the trophies in the cabinet from before now, this was the greatest ever.

I had to stop here, I don't like feeling patronised by the mail of all people.

I wouldn't sweat it SteveO - I've had my rant. I dunno who irritates me more, the board or the people too thick to see through this nonsense.

Kim Jong Un apparently wants his government to follow the Everton PR model.

Everton are making huge strides thanks in no small part to Kenwright who saved the club in 1999 after making the purchase from former chairman Peter Johnson.

Taking over from a board who perennially battled relegation and brought in players coming towards the end of their careers on sizeable wages, Kenwright and Co set about being shrewd in the market and buying young players with a resale value which would help build up the club in the long-run.

How did he save us??? all Johnson did wrong really was to have a manager who bought badly, he balanced the books by selling a key player - something Kenwright has done numerous times. When I say Kenwright it must be Kenwright because apparently it was him who bought young players with resale value.....

Honestly - this is shockingly poor and desperate. They have done more harm than good with this crass attempt and will stir the hornets nest even more.

Seriously, are you taking the piss??

Johnson told Smith he had a hefty war chest to spend so he whent out and bought players like John Collins, Marco Materazi and Olivier Dacourt who were all top quality players. Then Johnson pulled the plug and told him we didn't actually have any money so not only would he have to sell all his top players that he would have to build his team around ageing has beens like Gasgoine and Ginola

So it wasn't just Ferguson he sold from under him

Not sure whether or not your just too young to remember that era or if your just choosing to ignore it and are trying to re-write history again

I don't know what irritates me more the Johnson regime or people who are too thick to realise what direction he was taking us in

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Maybe "media sweetners" amounting to £3m per year is incorprated in the "operating costs"....

I smashed the puerile "other operating costs" fallacious argument to bits earlier in the thread. It was completely ignored by yourself and your merry men so probably best if you don't come up with the same old crap.

Can link it for you if you want to read it again, though I know you did at the time and had no reply. Nobody did.

Stick to proper criticism (which I'm fine with) and stop trying to perpetuate myths.

I smashed the puerile "other operating costs" fallacious argument to bits earlier in the thread. It was completely ignored by yourself and your merry men so probably best if you don't come up with the same old crap.

Can link it for you if you want to read it again, though I know you did at the time and had no reply. Nobody did.

Stick to proper criticism (which I'm fine with) and stop trying to perpetuate myths.

in fairness to haf you never proved anything. you showed that other clubs have high "other" costs as well. doesn't mean they can't be bilking their club of money either (not saying they are just stating for arguments sake).

the argument can only be solved with an actual itemization of those costs, but i doubt we'll ever see that.

Edited by markjazzbassist