IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Wowsers dunc I must have missed the full interview, I'm pretty certain I read a response to the early sacking of di canio of which Martinez has stated that a chairman needs to not make knee jerk decision and rapid cash injections don't necessarily make a club "better"....

If you have Martinez full appraisal of bills tenure in which he has made some monumental fuck ups then I'm all ears. Maybe the bits that include the reasons as to why we are so poorly self funded in the first place aka missed investments and ridiculous mortgages taken out on purchases made against missed investments.

But hey! Let's not get balanced on this eh!

Wowsers dunc I must have missed the full interview, I'm pretty certain I read a response to the early sacking of di canio of which Martinez has stated that a chairman needs to not make knee jerk decision and rapid cash injections don't necessarily make a club "better"....

If you have Martinez full appraisal of bills tenure in which he has made some monumental fuck ups then I'm all ears. Maybe the bits that include the reasons as to why we are so poorly self funded in the first place aka missed investments and ridiculous mortgages taken out on purchases made against missed investments.

But hey! Let's not get balanced on this eh!

Ha ha when have you ever given a balanced view of anything to do with BK or David Moyes?

Before Martinez came along you constantly moaned about everything to do with Everton Football Club and have BK down as some kind of bungling parasite and Moyse as a second rate tactically inept Manager

If Martinez is so wonderful and never ever wrong in your eyes, which seems to be the case, then I would have thought him praising BK and Moyes would conflict with your opinions of them

Ahhh you see that's where it's quite easy to pick holes in your points dunc, I don't subscribe to everything "blue" like you. I evaluate individually and give an overall opinion. When have I not been balanced with kenwright and Moyes? Typical you, you read the conclusion as the debate. The debate includes salient points such as kenwrights manager recruits have been very good, Moyes is a great consolidator and fixer...

Nah forget that it's haf, he wears blinkers - or at least it's best to discredit his valid points by stating such.

Tell me where has my evaluation of Moyes and kenwright been incorrect in terms of factual points? Points that I used to get an overall opinion of "I'm not fussed at all"

It seems to me you look for one small thing in order for me to say "yeah let's forget the investment fuck ups and stadium failures, Bob says he's good so that's that then. Now I've said bob is great I thereby waive my rights to a mind of my own and sign away any option of criticising him whilst being able to generally think he's the best thing to happen to our club"

Like debating with a 10 year old

Ahhh you see that's where it's quite easy to pick holes in your points dunc, I don't subscribe to everything "blue" like you. I evaluate individually and give an overall opinion. When have I not been balanced with kenwright and Moyes? Typical you, you read the conclusion as the debate. The debate includes salient points such as kenwrights manager recruits have been very good, Moyes is a great consolidator and fixer...

Nah forget that it's haf, he wears blinkers - or at least it's best to discredit his valid points by stating such.

Tell me where has my evaluation of Moyes and kenwright been incorrect in terms of factual points? Points that I used to get an overall opinion of "I'm not fussed at all"

It seems to me you look for one small thing in order for me to say "yeah let's forget the investment fuck ups and stadium failures, Bob says he's good so that's that then. Now I've said bob is great I thereby waive my rights to a mind of my own and sign away any option of criticising him whilst being able to generally think he's the best thing to happen to our club"

Haf, you barely acknowledge any positives for Moyes, BK or the board. When you do, theyre mentioned once in a random thread then go on with the broken record "yeah let's forget the investment fuck ups and stadium failures" etc. in all the others. There are a lot of times I agree with you, more and more so recently, but I wouldnt say you put forward balanced arguments. Well thought out the vast majority of the time, but not often balanced.

This is one of the reasons Im so surprised / unnerved at your 180° turn around! This post reminds me of Haf pre-RM :lol:

Without wanting to dredge up all the BK stuff again, the answer to your first point is constantly for more than 12 months now

With regards to your second question, is it fact that BK is a liar or is that just your opinion? Is it fact Moyes is tactically inept or is that just your opinion?

Also for your information I dont "subscribe to everything blue"

Tp recap my stance on BK is that he is out of his depth and he has been guilty of overseeing some monumental fuck ups during his tenure, but I dont think he is a liar and I beleive he has always acted in what he beleives are the clubs best interests. I also think we have a lot to be grateful to him for

On Moyse, my stance is that he did a very good job at Everton and I would also dispute another of your "facts" in that I think we played some excellent football under him and were not just a "hoofball" side. He has given Martinez an excellent platform to build on, but he is now Man Utds manager so I couldnt care less about him.

So my points to answer are have I given BK and the board credit??? Yes is the answer, the only real part is their manager recruitment. Anything else, investment, stadia, commercial deals, absolute joke. As for the lies - just take a few samples off bill:- Goodison will fail its safety certificate, money in the bank tomorrow, won't sell Rooney for £50m,

I have given Moyes credit for rescuing the club from relegation. I gave him credit for consolidating the squad and steadying the ship. Past that he was going no where, he couldn't evolve his tactics, I stated on numerous occasions that if he could evolve he could be a great manager - he just can't and he won't.

Have we played good football under Moyes? Yes, have we played good football consistently under Moyes? No. There were games when the team played great stuff never to be seen for a good number of games later. I'm sure there were times when stoke played good stuff under pulis.

As I've said , I cant be arsed going into the whole Kenwright saga again but if you honestly think that the only things he has done right as Chairman is to appoint Moyse and Martinez then there isn't really any point in talking to you

I'm all ears because lets be honest commercially, investment wise, stadium wise he's fucked things up. So unless there is any other criteria you can salvage his reputation with feel free. Crying in front of cameras, beating his chest and all that stuff isn't admissible I'm afraid.

I'm all ears because lets be honest commercially, investment wise, stadium wise he's fucked things up. So unless there is any other criteria you can salvage his reputation with feel free. Crying in front of cameras, beating his chest and all that stuff isn't admissible I'm afraid.

Again, I cant be arsed.

We have been here a million times so no point doing it all again. If you don't think the club is any better off now than under Johnson then that's up to you, personally , as memorable and as exciting as those relegation battles were I don't ever want to do it again

Again, I cant be arsed.

We have been here a million times so no point doing it all again. If you don't think the club is any better off now than under Johnson then that's up to you, personally , as memorable and as exciting as those relegation battles were I don't ever want to do it again

So therefore a credit to bill is that he's not as bad as Peter Johnson in your opinion?

Well if not being quite as unbelievably shit as someone else is what you are crediting him with then my work is done. Then again there are arguments to say that under Johnson kenwright was complicit, and also arguments that the club was in a better financial state under Johnson.

Haf, how come you're not debating the wonders of Martinez today, and his tactical genius? ;)

Did you not see my post last night? I held Martinez accountable for not subbing Gibson sooner... First 11 not a problem. Tactics not a problem. We were by far the best side for the majority of the match and with better finishing and a bit of luck would have been clear winners.

Maybe you've mistook me for being a t shirt slogan wearing fan "I support David Moyes f.c" or "when bill cries, I cry". As we all know Av, that sort of stuff just leads to heart break and a feeling of betrayal when they prove they ain't perfect.

As it happens me just supporting Everton F.C enables me to view managers, chairmanship, and players as just custodians. Therefore my opinion is objective and I don't need to fear the "oh no, Bobby's dropped a clanger, what will them boys on toffeetalk say?!" - he will get a grumble off me as and when he deserves it.

Up to now, the man has displayed more balls, tactical versatility and class than I have seen from you ex beloved £70k a week sandbagger in the past 6 years.

So therefore a credit to bill is that he's not as bad as Peter Johnson in your opinion?

Well if not being quite as unbelievably shit as someone else is what you are crediting him with then my work is done. Then again there are arguments to say that under Johnson kenwright was complicit, and also arguments that the club was in a better financial state under Johnson.

No Haf I am saying Everton Football Club is in a much better state now than it was back then and somebody has to be responsible for that wouldn't you say?

I really don't want to go around the houses with all this again , you will reply with all the same old Buffoon Union sound bites, yes I know your not one of them, about failed take over bids asset stripping etc I will ask the same question about whether you would you rather we still had those assets and not invested in the squad, you will ignore it and so we begin again

So in your mind if BK and the Board had no part in that. Does that mean Moyse did it all by himself? If that is the case then we should be building statues of the fella and it would make it all the more baffling why you are so bitter towards him?

Mind you on the other hand it does look good on Martinez that he was single handily responsible for squeezing £27.5M out of United for Felli and keeping Baines

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually think kenwright will struggle to get an easy ride from Martinez. Money isn't his master, he seems 100% focussed on achieving footballing principles. I think he ia very single minded.

As much as he portrays a softly spoken mild mannered Spaniard, you can just see he takes no shit and does not suffer fools. I've worked with some seriously affable easy going people who when they are asked to compromise quality and standards within a work place scenario become very very serious and shock people.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...lets start a career by slating the chairman. I think Martinez has more class about him than to speak ill of someone in the press - he didn't even do it to Moyes when provoked.

By the way Moyes wasn't spineless, he just had no integrity.

He used lack of investment as a means of negotiating a new contract, £70k a week shut him up.

Martinez would just be off when he feels the club will not back him if he has put them in a position to make the next step.

Just seems a bit of a dilema for you thats all, because one of two things is happening here, either

1) BK is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be

or

2) Martinez is being two faced and also has no integrityr and will say anything to please the boss

Personally I think Roberto is a good guy who knows what he is talking about

Just seems a bit of a dilema for you thats all, because one of two things is happening here, either

1) BK is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be

or

2) Martinez is being two faced and also has no integrityr and will say anything to please the boss

Personally I think Roberto is a good guy who knows what he is talking about

BK has made his best decision as chairman bringing in Martinez, I wanted him in a good while ago.

I don't let things go easily Dunc, just in case you never noticed.... Did I mention kings dock and the .... Ahhhh

Edited by Hafnia

Also maybe credit BK that he himself has evolved and changed for the better. His earlier mishaps and letting Rooney go for so little might have helped him to learn how to properly do things. And now the last transfer market was a success, and he brought in Roberto. Also he's staying out of the limelight and letting the team and gaffer take the credit.

Maybe bill has become a better man and owner.