IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Interesting concept. Next thing people will be going to estate agents to put their house on the market to be told "sorry, you need to let us know who you want to buy it"...

So presumably you'd be happy to sell to Mike Ashley or Gillett/Hicks or Craig Whyte or Peter Ridsdale or the Venky's (or any number of Pompey owners) if they came up with the right offer?

Frightening concept.

Sell your house for a decent price you don't give a flying fuck who hands over the cheque but we're talking an institution that needs looking after. One of your more ridiculous analogies imo.

So presumably you'd be happy to sell to Mike Ashley or Gillett/Hicks or Craig Whyte or Peter Ridsdale or the Venky's (or any number of Pompey owners) if they came up with the right offer?

Frightening concept.

Ashley owns 2 teams already. Are any of these people looking to buy again or you just using them as examples of bad owners? I thought Gillette hicks said they were done with soccer.

There are a select few who could actually buy the team now with the tv money the valuation probably went up 100% for every club. I think that's why we don't see villa sold because despite lerners effort to sell not many people can and want to pay that much.

Any rich evertonians who could afford it? Sir Paul? Stallone? Some rich port owner/ship builder in Liverpool?

Edited by markjazzbassist

Ashley owns 2 teams already. Are any of these people looking to buy again or you just using them as examples of bad owners? I thought Gillette hicks said they were done with soccer.

There are a select few who could actually buy the team now with the tv money the valuation probably went up 100% for every club. I think that's why we don't see villa sold because despite lerners effort to sell not many people can and want to pay that much.

Any rich evertonians who could afford it? Sir Paul? Stallone? Some rich port owner/ship builder in Liverpool?

The bit in bold.

Frightening concept.

No but I'd be happy to sell to mansour, Henry, Coates, lerner, abramovich. The Portsmouth, Blackburn and hicks line is a bit of a tired excuse for not selling a club that needs massive investment and proper leadership.

That's why "professionals" selling the club is necessary.

No but I'd be happy to sell to mansour, Henry, Coates, lerner, abramovich. The Portsmouth, Blackburn and hicks line is a bit of a tired excuse for not selling a club that needs massive investment and proper leadership.

That's why "professionals" selling the club is necessary.

So this post was in fact bollocks?

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25433-the-all-kenwrightthe-board-related-stuff-thread/?p=483424

It plainly was, just be a big man and admit it, people will love you :wub:.

Frightening concept.

Sell your house for a decent price you don't give a flying fuck who hands over the cheque but we're talking an institution that needs looking after. One of your more ridiculous analogies imo.

Get a grip Mike, it was your insistence that we somehow as fans need to state who we want to sell to. A ridiculous scenario, potential buyers aren't strikers or football managers with a visible attribute and an advertised status.

This is why the likes of Amanda staverley earns millions, she has links with potential buyers of clubs. They don't register themselves on forums "looking to buy"

BTW it wasn't an analogy it was a like for like comparison. Whether it be the sale of a club or house the "buyer" decides whether to bid and only then does negotiation take place.

Get a grip Mike, it was your insistence that we somehow as fans need to state who we want to sell to. A ridiculous scenario, potential buyers aren't strikers or football managers with a visible attribute and an advertised status.

This is why the likes of Amanda staverley earns millions, she has links with potential buyers of clubs. They don't register themselves on forums "looking to buy"

BTW it wasn't an analogy it was a like for like comparison. Whether it be the sale of a club or house the "buyer" decides whether to bid and only then does negotiation take place.

It was a shit comparison then, I apologise for the poor grandma.

You are talking about putting the future of the club into independent hands. People who care about nothing other than their cut; I'm all for someone professional doing the impossible and getting us the deal we all dream of (someone who cares and has the cash to back it up) but we're not an attractive proposition.

Bill needs help negotiating but he still needs to have a veto imo because we could end up with the people I mentioned rather than the people you mentioned. It's a crap situation to be in.

But your estate agent "comparison" was still awful. You can do so much better ;).

Are you seriously suggesting that selling a top Premier League football club is the same as selling your house?

I'm stating that the whole concept that fans somehow have to identify the person who will buy the club is ridiculous... After all it was you who said "they want Bill gone but can't name who should come in"...

Applying the same ridiculous principles means that you can't want change unless you identify the anonymous people who may be interested in buying something that requires a huge outlay.

Just typically pedantic nonsense created to protect a board that really has done fuck all in the biggest boom era for football.

Our fans can't dare to want the club to compete with the elite anymore without the names of Venkys, Gillette, Portsmouth, and Ridsdale being bandied around.

We don't need a mansour or abramovich, we just need someone who has a clue and doesn't preside over a bunch of lying spin doctors and corporate fuck ups.

Edited by Hafnia

I'm stating that the whole concept that fans somehow have to identify the person who will buy the club is ridiculous... After all it was you who said "they want Bill gone but can't name who should come in"...

Applying the same ridiculous principles means that you can't want change unless you identify the anonymous people who may be interested in buying something that requires a huge outlay.

Just typically pedantic nonsense created to protect a board that really has done fuck all in the biggest boom era for football.

Our fans can't dare to want the club to compete with the elite anymore without the names of Venkys, Gillette, Portsmouth, and Ridsdale being bandied around.

We don't need a mansour or abramovich, we just need someone who has a clue and doesn't preside over a bunch of lying spin doctors and corporate fuck ups.

I hate to break it to you but its called reality, there is no long queue of billionaires chomping a the bit, just itching to get their hands on Everton

Just think about it for a second, what is in it for any potential buyer? They would have to invest about £300 -£400 million on a new stadium before they even looked at the players. We have been banging our head against the glass ceiling of the top 4 for over a decade so where exactly could new ownership take us? Unless the new owner was prepared to match or even surpass the kind of money Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd are throwing around things are not going to change

How many of those clubs were among the biggest when they were taken over??? We were. Now the likes of stoke and Swansea have closed the gap, clubs like WBA have improved.

People have been saying that for more than a decade, it used to be Villa, Newcastle, Bolton, Fulham, Portsmouth, Blackburn, QPR, West Ham etc etc ad infinitum.

None of them have come close to our level of consistency; will it be different this time? I don't think it will.

How many of those clubs are doing better than Everton?

Some like City do quite a lot better. Arsenal and ManU haven't done too badly either.

And I know what you say next so don't bother. Your original argument was stupid, don't try to get away from that by diverting the issue.

Some like City do quite a lot better. Arsenal and ManU haven't done too badly either.

And I know what you say next so don't bother. Your original argument was stupid, don't try to get away from that by diverting the issue.

Please explain why you think my point is stupid or how Ive diverted the issue for that matter

Do you think its stupid that any potential new owner would need to invest in a new stadium? Or do you think its stupid to think they would have to match the top 4's spending and wage budgets to compete with them?

The issue was that you think there are no buyers. EVERY OTHER club in the Premier has been sold.

You then tried to divert this simple fact with your "but how have the other clubs done" comment which has NOTHING to do with your stupid comment.

For me it's enough to consider that someone like Lerner could have handed 200 million to Moyes instead of tossers like O'Neill. Clubs have been sold but how many of them had a two-time Manager of the Year? How many times during Moyes's time did the fans think that if he had just 30 million we would have a chance of a top four? What if he had been handed a 100+ million transfer kitty? He could have signed a few really good forwards and added some quality and depth to other areas.

The issue was that you think there are no buyers. EVERY OTHER club in the Premier has been sold.

You then tried to divert this simple fact with your "but how have the other clubs done" comment which has NOTHING to do with your stupid comment.

For me it's enough to consider that someone like Lerner could have handed 200 million to Moyes instead of tossers like O'Neill. Clubs have been sold but how many of them had a two-time Manager of the Year? How many times during Moyes's time did the fans think that if he had just 30 million we would have a chance of a top four? What if he had been handed a 100+ million transfer kitty? He could have signed a few really good forwards and added some quality and depth to other areas.

I was not a moyes fan due to style etc but I agree, he would have nailed top 4 with "some" money.

Lerners ownership has been very underplayed due to odious oneills blatant waste of money.