Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SimonButtle

The All Kenwright/The Board Related Stuff Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s feeble Bailey to let him carry on getting us further in the shit, because it suits the board, get shot immediately and put in Unsworth as caretaker, whilst who ever has to do what they have to do to find someone else. 
But to allow and accept he continues is weak.

Its not like he will get us relegated. We will just plod through the rest of the season like we did with Allardyce. The last stint with Unsworth wasn't exactly enough to convince me that things might not get worse under him.

I think it would give the whole club a kick up the arse if and when he is sacked but it would be naive to think that we couldn't make this situation worse if we make a hash of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barryj said:

What’s Moshiri done other than been a bit naive with his own money? He’s invested in the team, helped get a new stadium project underway and changed the commercial aspect. Get a grip. 

I’m sick of this only being about money if though that gives him some sort of divine right to fuck this club up, remember this he has only lent the club the money on an interest free basis, which isn’t saving much in these days of low interest rates.

He might have money which he will get back when he wants, even if that means the club having to sell it’s assets to give him it back, money is just one part of being an owner, the next his knowing what you’re doing that’s the most important. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be fair to get Unsy in again,  with the run of games coming up I doubt if he would take it on anyway. Got to keep Silva there for the next 5 games, he got us into this mess so let's see if he can get us out of it. If he can't that's the time to move him on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wouldn't be fair to get Unsy in again,  with the run of games coming up I doubt if he would take it on anyway. Got to keep Silva there for the next 5 games, he got us into this mess so let's see if he can get us out of it. If he can't that's the time to move him on.

Perfect time for a new manager to come in. If we get beat he gets a pass for the shite he’s inherited. Silva carries on and we get beat it’s toxic and ruins chrimbo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bill said:

Wouldn't be fair to get Unsy in again,  with the run of games coming up I doubt if he would take it on anyway. Got to keep Silva there for the next 5 games, he got us into this mess so let's see if he can get us out of it. If he can't that's the time to move him on.

No it wouldn’t, but if required I’m sure as a Evertonian he would take on the challenge for the club..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Apparently silva has the backing from the board. Starting to lose faith the the board as well as the manager. 

They have to say that, no manager in his right mind would take it on with the next 5 games on the horizon. New manager comes in at Xmas and has the January transfer window to help him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just a terribly run football club. Everything we do has no planning or organisation. Nothing we do is proactive. Guess what, the same club that every single year is scrambling round on deadline day looking for signings or loan deals is doing exactly the same thing with the manager. Just embarrassing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StevO said:

The club is run very well. Since Moshiri has come in he’s brought in experienced business people, and people he trusts, to run our commercial side. I’d argue all day that as a business we are much better run now than we ever were under Kenwrights ownership. 
The problem is the faith that has been put in a small number of people; Steve Walsh (who received so much credit for his work at Leicester, it was understandable), Koeman (he wanted a big name, and he got one, but names are just that) and Marco Silva. 
I wouldn’t even include Sam, I know he’s a horrible man and I hate that we had him but I understand why he was hired and I’m sure Moshiri knew what he was getting from day one. 
 

The club is at a really important point in history with the ground move ahead of us. We need to be competing at the right end of the table, and ideally in European competition, when the stadium opens. 
 

The next move is the biggest in Moshiri’s time at the club and we can’t really afford to get it wrong. If it takes a few more weeks to get it done I can accept that, it’ll just kill us in the meantime. 

This, what we are lacking is a manager who has the technical skills to get the best out the players, and the tactical knowledge to set up a system the players have confidence in, and that works. With Brands assisting in that decision, I would rather wait a few weeks to get the right person, as this will be a key appointment, its the one that can mold this squad into one that challenges for Europe, and will hopefully lead us into our new home.

I trust Brands to get rid of the dead wood, and bring in new players, I think several of the players we have are toxic and need to go asap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StevO said:

The club is run very well. Since Moshiri has come in he’s brought in experienced business people, and people he trusts, to run our commercial side. I’d argue all day that as a business we are much better run now than we ever were under Kenwrights ownership. 
The problem is the faith that has been put in a small number of people; Steve Walsh (who received so much credit for his work at Leicester, it was understandable), Koeman (he wanted a big name, and he got one, but names are just that) and Marco Silva. 
I wouldn’t even include Sam, I know he’s a horrible man and I hate that we had him but I understand why he was hired and I’m sure Moshiri knew what he was getting from day one. 
 

The club is at a really important point in history with the ground move ahead of us. We need to be competing at the right end of the table, and ideally in European competition, when the stadium opens. 
 

The next move is the biggest in Moshiri’s time at the club and we can’t really afford to get it wrong. If it takes a few more weeks to get it done I can accept that, it’ll just kill us in the meantime. 

agree with this all.  football side is the only one lacking and that's down to Moshiri full stop.  Marco was his man (as was koeman and walsh) and not Brands.  the talk of brands being at fault is laughable at best.  Buck stops with Farhad, he needs to trust Marcel the professional and get back to managing metals, you pay top guys like Brands now let them do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, StevO said:

The club is run very well. Since Moshiri has come in he’s brought in experienced business people, and people he trusts, to run our commercial side. I’d argue all day that as a business we are much better run now than we ever were under Kenwrights ownership. 
The problem is the faith that has been put in a small number of people; Steve Walsh (who received so much credit for his work at Leicester, it was understandable), Koeman (he wanted a big name, and he got one, but names are just that) and Marco Silva. 
I wouldn’t even include Sam, I know he’s a horrible man and I hate that we had him but I understand why he was hired and I’m sure Moshiri knew what he was getting from day one. 
 

The club is at a really important point in history with the ground move ahead of us. We need to be competing at the right end of the table, and ideally in European competition, when the stadium opens. 
 

The next move is the biggest in Moshiri’s time at the club and we can’t really afford to get it wrong. If it takes a few more weeks to get it done I can accept that, it’ll just kill us in the meantime. 

I would expect a successful business man to be able to run a business, I think that’s a given, I want him to run a successful football team, and that’s were he has failed since he come on board. 
He doesn’t have a clue how to build a football team, so he has gone out to try and buy success as part of his business plan which has completely back fired, he’s a money man not a football man, and it must rankle him that in this industry it’s not what you spend it’s how you spend It that creates success. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I would expect a successful business man to be able to run a business, I think that’s a given, I want him to run a successful football team, and that’s were he has failed since he come on board. 
He doesn’t have a clue how to build a football team, so he has gone out to try and buy success as part of his business plan which has completely back fired, he’s a money man not a football man, and it must rankle him that in this industry it’s not what you spend it’s how you spend It that creates success. 
 

Well that’s why he brought in Steve Walsh and now Marcel Brands. They are the men he is asking to build his football team. Hopefully Brands will have the autonomy to do his job, we just don’t know his exact responsibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StevO said:

Well that’s why he brought in Steve Walsh and now Marcel Brands. They are the men he is asking to build his football team. Hopefully Brands will have the autonomy to do his job, we just don’t know his exact responsibilities. 

I think we know from the last managerial appointments that he will be dictating who the manager will be, with his limited ability in football and his great ability in the corporate world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think we know from the last managerial appointments that he will be dictating who the manager will be, with his limited ability in football and his great ability in the corporate world. 

Maybe this is exactly why he won’t be dictating who the next manager will be. Im sure he didn’t get to where he is in business by not learning from his mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, barryj said:

Maybe this is exactly why he won’t be dictating who the next manager will be. Im sure he didn’t get to where he is in business by not learning from his mistakes. 

I almost think that the reason Silva hasn't been sacked is down to Brands. Only a hunch but I imagine the latter is a lot more patient than Mohsiri would be on his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I almost think that the reason Silva hasn't been sacked is down to Brands. Only a hunch but I imagine the latter is a lot more patient than Mohsiri would be on his own.

Agreed also I think he realizes how bad the clubs image and future manager prospects are when going through so many managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I almost think that the reason Silva hasn't been sacked is down to Brands. Only a hunch but I imagine the latter is a lot more patient than Mohsiri would be on his own.

I think your spot on here. Brands is more of a project man than a fast fix.

Brands has been brought in for a long term project. I don’t think he would be happy himself to have to start from the beginning again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Moshiri comes across as very reactionary. This is his first time being the top dog at a football club and he appears to look anxious in his decision making. Additionally I think he has his own ideas of what he wants to spend his money on. He wants a marquee signing to make a statement but he is slow in learning that the top players aren't going to come here until we can offer Champs League football.

How many board meetings have you attended to come to that conclusion? 

How many times have you spoken with Moshiri on the phone/via email to conclude this?

Can you advise why he needs a "marquee" signing, despite signing a Director of Football to handle first team and youth transfers?

As someone who doesn't know Moshiri or work with him on a daily basis I'm unable to determine what he's like or what plans he has for the football club. Given that he has funded the team in every window, successfully put plans in place for us to move to a much needed new stadium and made good moves at board level I'd say he was doing rather well, albeit with some concerns surrounding his managerial choices.

Amazing how people cried and cried about Bill Kenwright and as soon as he's replaced, the successor is subjected to the same rubbish from people who have never met, worked or spoken with the bloke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

keep calm  and dont panic  lads moshiri  will  sort it all out very  soon   maybe when we are staring at  relegation  from the football league but that will not be too far away  at this  rate

 

you have no idea how long it took me o type this out  lol lol lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Last year he gave up an attempt to take control of Arsenal, selling his 30 per cent stake in the club to his American rival shareholder — a decision that irks him. “If we had worked together, we would definitely have achieved so much more. But the time will come, you know, for more success and Arsenal’s fans will come back to the stadium.”

But Usmanov may have another option. His old partner Moshiri owns a majority of Everton FC. Would Usmanov like to join him there? “Yes. With great pleasure, if he asks,” he says. “I am thinking about my investment in this club . . . I cannot reject Arsenal. I will not leave them as a fan. But if I join Everton, then I will wear an Everton shirt, because I am a professional.

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena? It is not obligatory for me to participate myself. I could just sponsor them.” A week after our meeting, Usmanov brokers a deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti, the former Real Madrid manager, to Everton.

“What is the remedy for love? New love,” he laughs. “If you think like a Muslim, who can have four wives, or a harem? . . . I love Arsenal, but I failed. What can I do? But I also believe Arsenal lost something without Usmanov.”

https://www.ft.com/content/a472f9e6-28c6-11ea-9305-4234e74b0ef3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment there are still people in a bit of denial about this..... not being funny but Megafon is plastered all over goodison.... unsmanovs company that only does phone services in Russia.  He's basically throwing money at us now......  

It's bloody ace isn't it.  He's gonna go full abromovich/mansour....

 Heads are gonna fall off!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Makis said:

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena?

Well guess we now know the name of the new stadium. Hopefully they drop arena for stadium or football ground. Don't know why but arena just doesn't sound right to me for a football stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love us to put a big fuck you to the rest of the ball bag clubs and name it the people’s stadium or something related to Everton. Surely buying shares and building the stadium is separate to buying players? Ussie is going to make his money back on the retail and regeneration of the area with his steel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Well guess we now know the name of the new stadium. Hopefully they drop arena for stadium or football ground. Don't know why but arena just doesn't sound right to me for a football stadium 

The USM theatre of science?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’d love us to put a big fuck you to the rest of the ball bag clubs and name it the people’s stadium or something related to Everton. Surely buying shares and building the stadium is separate to buying players? Ussie is going to make his money back on the retail and regeneration of the area with his steel 

School of Science it is then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Well guess we now know the name of the new stadium. Hopefully they drop arena for stadium or football ground. Don't know why but arena just doesn't sound right to me for a football stadium 

I’d rather it be called Bramley Moore Dock and have the advertising inside, or on the external infrastructure. Why go to all the effort of blending into the riverscape, redeveloping Goodison, invest in the local community and preserve history to have a shitty corporate name which might cover 1 solid annual salary? Would undermine the whole project  

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-48336453

just remember, you only get those top 6 figures when you’ve won stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I’d rather it be called Bramley Moore Dock and have the advertising inside, or on the external infrastructure. Why go to all the effort of blending into the riverscape, redeveloping Goodison, invest in the local community and preserve history to have a shitty corporate name which might cover 1 solid annual salary? Would undermine the whole project  

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-48336453

just remember, you only get those top 6 figures when you’ve won stuff. 

City use it as away to get round financial fair play rules. Prefer something less corporate myself but if a bloke is putting half a billion quid about the city I think it's only fair he gets to put his name on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

City use it as away to get round financial fair play rules. Prefer something less corporate myself but if a bloke is putting half a billion quid about the city I think it's only fair he gets to put his name on it. 

City did that and got “punished”, plus had /have to comply with UEFA. Their naming rights are also a pittance of their income; £20m of £550m. You want the corporate part? Get USM on the shirt, win things and sign a £65m a year Puma deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve read the accounts that were published and they make scary reading, to think we are owned by an accountant is not far short of an April’s fool joke, we owe as a club to Moshiri to date £350 million in personal loans, we are being kept a float by two men in Moshiri and Usmanov, what concerns me is if they throw another few hundred million more at Ancelotti and the team and that fails, is one or both going to throw the towel in and with draw there money, and look to their next project. 
Let’s not forget these are business men not born and bred Evertonian’s, the amount of debt they have got the club into is now that great that the club wouldn’t be able to survive if they called the loans in, it’s peanuts to them and their wealth, but they could walk if they constantly keep failing to buy success. 
I am for one very concerned at how we have become so financially miss managed and what the future holds, I know people will say there billionaires don’t worry but that could turn out to be fool’s gold, if they can’t create the success there money and the new stadium requires, I don’t trust them to stay around if Brands and Ancelotti don’t work out, because why do they need to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea did the same with Abrahimovic. They own way more than that to him. Giving money directly to a club is not exactly simple so that's why they do it like this.

It also wouldn't make much sense if they called the loans in. They wouldn't get more than scrapes. A player firesale would bring only a fraction of their real value and apart from that there isn't that many saleable assets. If they wanted to recoup their money they would rather sell the club to someone else because the rest of the value is in intangible assets, i.e. Premier League status and sponsorship deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Player value depreciates as any business asset does. Sponsorships are your main source of income, as its pure profit.

Player sales are always going to be subsidised with squad budget.

Player value depends on 3 main things; age, form and the market. You just have to identify possible depreciation based on these things and the market is constantly getting more ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Player value depends on 3 main things; age, form and the market. You just have to identify possible depreciation based on these things and the market is constantly getting more ridiculous 

They don’t depreciate players values like the do vehicles by a percentage every year over a three or four year deal, the adjustment is made to the business when a player leaves not whilst they are still here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt said:

Player value depends on 3 main things; age, form and the market. You just have to identify possible depreciation based on these things and the market is constantly getting more ridiculous 

 

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They don’t depreciate players values like the do vehicles by a percentage every year over a three or four year deal, the adjustment is made to the business when a player leaves not whilst they are still here. 

Depreciation on a person is a strange concept to me, but it makes sense in the world of sports. Question is: how do you determine the amount of depreciation on a player like Ronaldo, Messi, etc.? They seem to get better each year. History tells us that more often than players peak a certain age depending on position; I would love to see the books and understand how that is calculated on financial statements. Someone have a spreadsheet for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Palfy said:

They don’t depreciate players values like the do vehicles by a percentage every year over a three or four year deal, the adjustment is made to the business when a player leaves not whilst they are still here. 

Depreciation still operates for the investment. Once a player enters a new contract, his value is the wage. Anything he is sold for is profit. Asset management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

 

Depreciation on a person is a strange concept to me, but it makes sense in the world of sports. Question is: how do you determine the amount of depreciation on a player like Ronaldo, Messi, etc.? They seem to get better each year. History tells us that more often than players peak a certain age depending on position; I would love to see the books and understand how that is calculated on financial statements. Someone have a spreadsheet for me?

A player like that is a gold mine for a club as their asset price would depreciate, where the player may grow in value.

I suspose  it’s like you selling yourself as a self employed person to your own limited company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shukes said:

A player like that is a gold mine for a club as their asset price would depreciate, where the player may grow in value.

I suspose  it’s like you selling yourself as a self employed person to your own limited company.

Well i think that's appreciation, my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Depreciation still operates for the investment. Once a player enters a new contract, his value is the wage. Anything he is sold for is profit. Asset management.

I think you might find it works different to that, we paid say £25 million for Schneiderlin in the years he’s been here has his value as a club asset decreased or increased as entered in last years accounts, a players wage has nothing to do with his value, all wages go down as over head cost to the business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think you might find it works different to that, we paid say £25 million for Schneiderlin in the years he’s been here has his value as a club asset decreased or increased as entered in last years accounts, a players wage has nothing to do with his value, all wages go down as over head cost to the business. 

We are owed money for having him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone ever read the asset list a few years ago? Can’t remember if it was linked somewhere here or if it was a tabloid article. 
It listed players values due to their contract lengths.

The clubs usually pay transfers in instalments, rarely do clubs pay all the money in a lump. This is where asset management comes in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player's value is very simply the price bought versus how long he has in his contract left. So for a 30 million pound player on a five year contract value drops by six million each year. And players who go beyond that original contract (sign a new one) are AFAIK considered to have no value. They don't really try to guess what players are worth in the accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Makis said:

Player's value is very simply the price bought versus how long he has in his contract left. So for a 30 million pound player on a five year contract value drops by six million each year. And players who go beyond that original contract (sign a new one) are AFAIK considered to have no value. They don't really try to guess what players are worth in the accounts.

Close, most use the wages. £100k a week player on 5 year contract is worth £25m in the books and depreciates as each year lapses. New longer contract or higher wages then increases the assets worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Makis said:

Player's value is very simply the price bought versus how long he has in his contract left. So for a 30 million pound player on a five year contract value drops by six million each year. And players who go beyond that original contract (sign a new one) are AFAIK considered to have no value. They don't really try to guess what players are worth in the accounts.

So are you saying that each year he has a write down in the clubs accounts as a proportion of his cost divided over the term of his contract 

So we buy someone for 50 million on a 4 year contract and offset our profits by 12.5 million a year on based on the depreciation value of that player as a loss and profit right down, then if we sell at any time and if we make more money or don’t lose as much as we had on our write down  we adjust our loss and profit figures accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Close, most use the wages. £100k a week player on 5 year contract is worth £25m in the books and depreciates as each year lapses. New longer contract or higher wages then increases the assets worth. 

So the cost of the player doesn’t form the valuation of the asset to the business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...