IGNORED

Gareth Barry

The problem is we are light in midfield, Osman is not a defensive midfield player, and if we have Fellaini or Gibson out at the same time we have nobody who can cover. I think Barry would be ideal to play with Gibson or Fellaini in the center of midfield. He may not be that mobile but he can read the game, tackle and quite good at using the ball. As said above I don't think he will come to be cover, but he will come if he is going to be in rotation, which with our small squad he definitely will.

As others have said I think Osman has reached the point where he is not the player he was a couple of seasons ago, and I think we need to replace him, weather that is with Lundstram if he is ready to make the step up after his loan at Brentford, or another.

Regardless of replacing Osman we still need a good central midfielder who can tackle, pass, and do a bit of everything and I hope it is McCarthy, if not Barry will do for a season.

Fellaini is shit... I always said he was a lazy bastard, it's just that he got away with this whilst waiting for the punt up under moyes. His arms make mire tackles than his feet do and he chases shadows and his counter attacking is the slowest av seen.... The likes of man it's are after him is because of moyes and Chelsea won't touch him. End of, can't wait to see the money come in for him. Face it, he isn't a martinez player

Fellaini is shit... I always said he was a lazy bastard, it's just that he got away with this whilst waiting for the punt up under moyes. His arms make mire tackles than his feet do and he chases shadows and his counter attacking is the slowest av seen.... The likes of man it's are after him is because of moyes and Chelsea won't touch him. End of, can't wait to see the money come in for him. Face it, he isn't a martinez player

Can't tell if sarcasm or talking out of arse...

Hmmm

If we sell Fellaini then I'd rather we looked to the future and signed a couple of players like McCarthy and someone in the mould of Juve's Marrone, who can play in defence as well as DM, but IF the squad stays as it is today then Barry would not be a bad short-term option on loan. He's not one of those players who gets you on the edge of your seat, but he's one of those who provides the foundation for others to do so. He's also a consistent, reliable 'model pro' who doesn't seem to have injury problems so would add to the squad as it stands at present.

Edited by efc1111

Barry is shite. He's always been shite. He's lucky to have been in the right place at the right time when City first started splashing the cash, that's all. He is an England international as, like many of them, there wasn't or isn't anybody else to pick for that position or they (the scouts) can't be arsed to go out and look. Opposing teams must be made up when they see his name on the team sheet.

He's awful, truly fucking awful.

God coined the phrase; "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" specifically for Barry as he had a vision of some coiffured nobhead lolloping round a football pitch.

He's supposed to be a really nice bloke but he's shite at football.

I would like Gareth Barry at Everton, as long as it is on loan because don't want to pay over the odds for him and have to pay his wages...

If he can get back to what he was like at Aston Villa then we would be in for a treat.

Gibson isn't going to play all season as he will get injured now and again.

I would love this to pull off and for us to sign him on a season long loan :-)

Hmmm... don't like the ? after Staying Put and Pellegrini's really commited statement of "he can stay if he wants to but I understand if he wants to leave" What!?

Still holding my breath on this one........ this is one lazy fucker who doesn't like to work for his money so that's the ray of hope I'm clinging on to. Even if he played for free and offered to wash the kit I wouldn't have him.

Still holding my breath on this one........ this is one lazy fucker who doesn't like to work for his money so that's the ray of hope I'm clinging on to. Even if he played for free and offered to wash the kit I wouldn't have him.

Are you sure you're not just a bitter Villa fan?!

I would guess Barry is quicker and more energetic than Gibson (who I'm a huge fan of btw). I'm not sure how energetic these deeper or at least one of the deeper midfielders needs to be regardless - one of their jobs will be to drop in to cover the counter when Baines and Coleman are bombing down the flanks. We need someone positionally aware and comfortable on the ball - for me Barry gives us this.

I'd have Barry in the deeper role over Osman any day. Barry's not my first choice and I still feel we need at least 1 more deeper cm (3 in total if Felli goes) but the deal being proposed is a no brainer in my opinion.

Edited by c1982

:rofl: - I need to have a different to you more often.

Has he been shagging your Mrs then?

Nick your parking space at Tesco?

You may not rate him but he's not a player I'd call lazy. He was excellent at Villa and has been a mainstay in a very good man city team as well as being a regular for England (although not always being the stand out player). I imagine if we were being linked to Carrick much of the same would appear... both top players who 'work behind the scenes' in a successful team.

Has he been shagging your Mrs then?

Nick your parking space at Tesco?

You may not rate him but he's not a player I'd call lazy. He was excellent at Villa and has been a mainstay in a very good man city team as well as being a regular for England (although not always being the stand out player). I imagine if we were being linked to Carrick much of the same would appear... both top players who 'work behind the scenes' in a successful team.

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Don't know about my missus shagging him, though it might liven him up a bit, you seem to care about him just a little bit too much! :wub: Got any more 'formation' fantasies about him? You were keen on him having a deeper role :blink:

Still :rofl: at you and, as you move through your junior troll handbook for beginners, Barry will still be and always will be shite!

Guest blueboy122

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Don't know about my missus shagging him, though it might liven him up a bit, you seem to care about him just a little bit too much! :wub: Got any more 'formation' fantasies about him? You were keen on him having a deeper role :blink:

Still :rofl: at you and, as you move through your junior troll handbook for beginners, Barry will still be and always will be shite!

Never has been shite. He is an England international and plays in a team that have been in the top 4 for a good few seasons now.

Always amazes me when fans call players shite when some of the worlds best managers play them week in week out in a succesfull team.

Yep I fancy him, got me. I wish he'd grow his hair back though, oh how I lust for his floppy locks!

I'll leave it here as you clearly wrote the handbook with your smilies and cut and paste google images *insert we're not worthy here*

Anyway back on topic http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10255853/.html

Although I hear Arsenal may pull out of the running as Arsene's advisor said he's 'shite'!

Guest blueboy122

we got ya...you sneaky bastard! hiding that trolling behind well thought out and structured opinions!!

Shocking...I much prefer the people who use smileys and silly pictures off google.