IGNORED

Gareth Barry

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

He's been in the North West for a good few number of years now and would imagine he is settled with his wife, kids in a school etc.

I don't think he would want to uproot his family to play down south when we can hopefully offer similar terms.

If it was me I wouldn't want to go down south at his age. Maybe if I was 22/23 but fortunately for us he will have to think of his family etc.

• 2 weeks later...

no way it will happen. he said he needs to live in the country with lots of land for his wife's horses. NYC doesn't have that option unless you live about an hour or so away. i doubt he would want to commute that much. this is tabloid reporter fodder, or maybe his agent trying to create interest to get more out of everton.

• 2 weeks later...

We definitely need to sign him IMO.

The only problem I've had from day one is his willingness to drop his wage demands. I'm not 100% convinced he'd more than half his current wage.

The wages we'd need to offer him were a concern to me too. Hopefully Barry has just realised how much he loves playing during his time with us after being frozen out at City, and will be willing to drop his wages significantly.

We'll find out come the summer I suppose.

That's the negative effect clubs like City have on the rest of the league in terms of wages. I'm also pretty certain Barry could earn more in the MLS than he would here. That's not to say he wants to do that yet. The wages really are a concern.

Edited by MiguelCotto

That's the negative effect clubs like City have on the rest of the league in terms of wages. I'm also pretty certain Barry could earn more in the MLS than he would here. That's not to say he wants to do that yet. The wages really are a concern.

I agree but I think any player who leaves City have to be realistic in their expectations wages wise

I would be vet surpride if Barry opted to go and play in the MLS next season as I think he still feels he has a lot to offer in the Prem, he just strikes me as being a bit more ambitious than that

I agree but I think any player who leaves City have to be realistic in their expectations wages wise

I would be vet surpride if Barry opted to go and play in the MLS next season as I think he still feels he has a lot to offer in the Prem, he just strikes me as being a bit more ambitious than that

id be vet surpride too :P