IGNORED

Gareth Barry

Should be a 2 Year contact

Could be a 2 year with an extention after so many games. 50K is a lot of money but after all he is free and we're not going to find a player that does what he does for the team any cheaper. Granted, he's old, but he could help us challenge four europe for the next 2 seasons.

Edited by AidanLewis

Hes a good player, a very good player but the last four matches he has been getting caught on the ball way too many times for a player of his experience. Been watching Barkleys hype too much maybe.

I dont think he is anywhere near our priority for the summer. If Ossie had been playing in that position and lost the ball that many times we would be slating him.

Open the flood gates on me :)

Could be a 2 year with an extention after so many games. 50K is a lot of money but after all he is free and we're not going to find a player that does what he does for the team any cheaper. Granted, he's old, but he could help us challenge four europe for the next 2 seasons.

Just to put it into context - Phil Neville was on £50k a week... Barry is 3 times the player he was.

Just to put it into context - Phil Neville was on £50k a week... Barry is 3 times the player he was.

In terms of what he does on the field, Barry is brilliant, but Phil Neville massively helped shaped the club in the past few years and for that I am very greatful. I think you saying that is very disrispectful to Neville, although I understand everyones entitled to their opinion. Neville made our defence solid and is as influential as any other.

In terms of what he does on the field, Barry is brilliant, but Phil Neville massively helped shaped the club in the past few years and for that I am very greatful. I think you saying that is very disrispectful to Neville, although I understand everyones entitled to their opinion. Neville made our defence solid and is as influential as any other.

In terms of cheerleading, supporting his manager, looking serious etc he was really good.

I like footballers to be footballers, not brown nosing passengers. Sorry, but for some reason we are supposed to be grateful to a captain who downplayed fans expectations. "Finishing in the top 10 is a fantastic achievement for a club like Everton"....

:doh:

He was absolutely terrible. He was the hallmark of the glass ceiling. We would have been better giving him a coaching role two or three seasons back. All he was good at in the end was making players feel welcome at the club. He was a charlatan in the last few seasons. The display against Wigan in the quarters last year was a disgrace.

He was absolutely terrible. He was the hallmark of the glass ceiling. We would have been better giving him a coaching role two or three seasons back. All he was good at in the end was making players feel welcome at the club. He was a charlatan in the last few seasons. The display against Wigan in the quarters last year was a disgrace.

:rolleyes:

I was not a big Neville fan. If he had retired after the cup final it would have alright with me. Moyes picked him too many times and in my opinion stunted the development of Coleman who was ready to play full-back the season he returned from Blackpool. Gave away free kicks in dangerous places all the time. I think even his strongest supporters were largely sick of him in the end.

Edited by weebittight

I appreciate Neville. Played a good role here and was a good captain. He was a decent player who can put in a shift and direct others up until his last 18-24 months here... For every Phil Neville, there is a jackass like Van Der Meyde or Drenthe, so I can appreciate the "model professional".

For every Phil Neville there is usually an apple on the bosses desk...

Phil Neville was an excellent pointer. He loved the club, so much so he still talks about us today. He was probably the best all round central midfielder I'd ever seen.

How many of you got Neville on the back of your shirt?? Come on Matt....

Edited by MiguelCotto

Phil Neville was an excellent pointer. He loved the club, so much so he still talks about us today. He was probably the best all round central midfielder I'd ever seen.

How many of you got Neville on the back of your shirt?? Come on Matt....

nope, and I didn't even like him that much as a player, certainly nowhere near my favourite, but I did and do appreciate his contribution and hi professionalism, which will have rubbed off on the younger players. Coleman will have benefited greatly from him.

Still, it's easy to forget when you just want to slight people, isn't it?

nope, and I didn't even like him that much as a player, certainly nowhere near my favourite, but I did and do appreciate his contribution and hi professionalism, which will have rubbed off on the younger players. Coleman will have benefited greatly from him.

Still, it's easy to forget when you just want to slight people, isn't it?

I didnt rate the guy at all not even in his younger years. If someone was a terrible player I'll say like.

I also give credit were it's due. Naismith and Mirallas theads

With the Neville argument, as someone mentioned above, he put in some fantastic shifts at RB against some wold class wingers. I remember the crunching double tackle he made on Ronaldo against United a few years back, which sparked some life into our season, we came out of that game with a draw if I remember correctly? And on top of that when he saved a goal with his bear hands against the Kop many moons ago. They scored, but how many players would have done that for their club?

I'm actually surprised so many saw him as a bad skipper, there seems to be no inbetween, and I have to say I thought he was vital for the DM era.

Sorry but Phil Neville was the equivalent of a rusty old pair of stabilizers. More about trying to instill false confidence rather than helping you ride better.

He did my tits in the way he bacame some David Moyes cheerleader.

A vastly over rated player, did the odd good job at right back given hibberts injuries etc but for me he was lucky to be at our club.