IGNORED

Roberto Martinez interview

efc1111

So do I, one of the biggest in the world. Got fuck all to do with Everton and their books. Unless you know the details, you're either jumping on the BU bandwagon or you just want to complain for complainings sake. Truth is, we don't know where the money goes, so why speculate?

Money doesn't disappear, or the club's books would never pass their annual audit. It might well be used elsewhere.

Haha! I know that, Mike! I'm no idiot... Well, that's debatable, but in all seriousness, money never disappears, but fans like to claim so when money from a player sale doesn't go towards acquiring new players.

My man love for him increases by the interview...

"I would never be pleased with a smash and grab win. That wouldn’t give me any satisfaction.”

I think I felt that way when we beat Blackburn 1-0 when Barkley gave away one of two penalties in what proved to be a costly game for him. We won 1-0 but I didn't really celebrate the penno that arteta put away.

I took more satisfaction from the 2-2 against Norwich on the first game of the season - I seen something that showed promise in our play.

It's similar to golf, sometimes I shoot a lower score and think "I never hit the ball well, I used an iron off the tee because my driver was awful, I played sensible and didn't get real satisfaction from being creative in my shots" - sure I may beat my opponent and get a quid, but in many ways I would sooner walk off to them saying "unlucky, you played great stuff there and deserved to win - you've gotr the potential to be really good"

Lol Bollocks to that!

Don't get me wrong I would love us to be able to play teams off the park and win 5-0 every week but never in the world would I get no satisfaction from winning

Remember Bolton away in the Cup last season, we were absolutely awful that day then Hietinga popped up with a last minute winner, try telling any one of the travelling Everton fans that day that there is no satisfaction in a smash and grab win

They say the sign of a great side is to be able to play badly and win

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.football365.com/everton/9028348/Premier-League-Roberto-Martinez-won-t-change-Everton-s-style-of-play

"For me it's important that we can play eye to eye against the top four clubs," he told the Liverpool Echo.

"It's not good enough to let them take the leading role and simply say we're going to be solid and hard to beat, then we'll take opportunities.

:wub:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/11/22/boss-hints-at-derby-debuts

First paragraph of this report had me saying, out loud; "Oh fuck! Please don't do that!", (start Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu seems to be the hint) as we'll get battered.

Then he goes on to explain it and suddenly everything makes sense as he clearly knows what he's doing;

"I think there are certain positions on the pitch where it is better to know what to expect. There are others where it is better to be fresh and raw to use that talent in your advantage.

"The creative positions are where you can take advantage of that fearless approach."

followed by the comforter;

"Defensively, you need to be well aware, to anticipate and to control a fixture like this is where experience is welcome.

"It's finding the right mixture and the right time for every player to play a part.

"What's most important everyone is pushing in the same direction, gets Goodison rocking and making that home advantage a big part of our performance."

This hopefully has the makings of a very good game. I hope we really go for it.... big time.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/02/roberto-martinez-everton-david-moyes-united

They are games that we are not expected to win but, clearly, if we want to achieve something special, we need to be able to break the mentality of going to the big grounds and getting some wins.
If you are going to be brave and try to win games rather than just being in a position where you want to keep a clean sheet and get through in damage-limitation situations, then you need to be flexible as a player and as a team and play in different ways in the modern game.

• 2 weeks later...
0916:
FOOTBALL- Swansea v Everton (Sunday, 1600 GMT)
Everton manager Roberto Martinez on reports linking Manchester United's Wilfried Zaha with a loan move to Goodison: "I will never speak about a player registered to another club."
0913:
FOOTBALL- Swansea v Everton (Sunday, 1600 GMT)
Manager Roberto Martinez says he could never envisage the situation at Cardiff City happening at Everton, and says Toffees chairman Bill Kenwright does not get the credit he deserves.
Martinez adds: "That relationship [between club owner and manager] is the most important one at a club.
"I can't comment on what is going on at Cardiff because I don't know the ins and outs. It makes me even more satisfied what we have got at our club. I don't think he's [Kenwright] had enough credit over the years. I couldn't be happier to have our chairman the way he is."

From the BBC
:wub:

• 3 weeks later...