IGNORED

Jermaine defoe

If we could afford the fee or even the wages I would love him here

If he wants regular first team football then that more or less rules out Man Utd, City and The Shite. Would he go to Arsenal??

So then your down to the likes of Villa, Fulham, Newcastle and Sunderland and we have to be as big a draw as those kind of teams (if we had the finances!)

Not suited to our style of centre forward play... haven't really seen him doing much work down the channels in his time.

Exactly.. He would be a waste of money for us.

A cracking player and he will be a great purchase for any other topflight club.

Not suited to our style of centre forward play... haven't really seen him doing much work down the channels in his time.

fully agree, we would have to seriously change the way we play to fit him in, and im not sure Moyes can/would do that, Defoe is also abit of a whinger at times

• 6 months later...

Jermain Defoe has pleaded with Harry Redknapp to let him go out on loan in January with Everton heading the pack of clubs interested.

Would be an excellent addition. I have always thought he is a good prem player and can take his chances. Struggled when making the step up to international so has his limitations but I would welcome him here

A striker who has no positional sense or composure. Very limited ability, he scores the odd lucky strike but he's an absolute awful striker, only need to re-watch his pens to see he cant finish properly.

His record is very good for the games played, the problem i have is i really dont see that we would play to his strengths, and like Mark said, i thought he was not interested in playing up north.

totally disagree he is better than any striker we have and he was one of the top epl scorers 2ish years ago

Does he get in good positions? Is he a good finisher? Never mind the stats, 5 goals against a very poor Wigan(mostly the old spurs cb fault) were gifted to him. Did you see the pen against us and the numerous other chances he's wasted over the years? He like Andy Johnson but with a worse shot, pass and awareness. Basically he can run.