IGNORED

West aaaaaaaam

Finn balor

I think Martinez as I predicted has been very fair to the exisiting players - if you do a job you will play. It may not tally with who I believe the best players are for the job but it creates the right attitude and negates players feeling aggrieved.

Once you get the starting shirt you are playing to keep it, once you get a chance off the bench you are playing to earn a start. It creates a great level of competition for places and lessens the risk of complacency.

Ideally I want to see the back 4 remain. Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines.

Midfield:- Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Gerry D, Barkley,

Striker: Lukaku

That for me is a strong team. It may not be fair on Naismith after his performance last week but against West Ham I believe we have a reliance on quality over work rate in terms of the wingers - which is why I would drop Naismith.

Osman and Jelavic need to realise that they aren't first choice, that they are fighting for their shirts. Osman had a better second half against chelsea but was ghastly in the first half - as he has been pretty much most of the year really. Jelavic as fragile as his confidence may be could do with a run in the reserves - seriously. Just to hit the back of the net a few times with less pressure.

I think Martinez as I predicted has been very fair to the exisiting players - if you do a job you will play. It may not tally with who I believe the best players are for the job but it creates the right attitude and negates players feeling aggrieved.

Once you get the starting shirt you are playing to keep it, once you get a chance off the bench you are playing to earn a start. It creates a great level of competition for places and lessens the risk of complacency.

Ideally I want to see the back 4 remain. Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines.

Midfield:- Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Gerry D, Barkley,

Striker: Lukaku

That for me is a strong team. It may not be fair on Naismith after his performance last week but against West Ham I believe we have a reliance on quality over work rate in terms of the wingers - which is why I would drop Naismith.

Osman and Jelavic need to realise that they aren't first choice, that they are fighting for their shirts. Osman had a better second half against chelsea but was ghastly in the first half - as he has been pretty much most of the year really. Jelavic as fragile as his confidence may be could do with a run in the reserves - seriously. Just to hit the back of the net a few times with less pressure.

Like your team and your thoughts regarding selction bar the Spanish kid - El Pive? Believe me I am a trumpet blower for the youngters to get a chance but this lad seems very raw. Think a home game against one of the smaller clubs might be best re a starting berth - but certainly an increasing amount of minutes off the bench would blood him more gently into a a pace of football he has yet to encounter.

a good chance to build on the magnificent Chelsea result. We should see plenty of the ball in this game. Hope the confidence from Sunday sees us grab an early goal.

Naismith deserves to keep his place, and I would like to see him get a run of starts with pienaar out for a few weeks. He is a better player than he showed last year, so he could be like a new player this season.

Would not be surprised to see Lukaku start on the bench as well for his first outing for the squad. he had a lot of his outings for the Baggies from the bench. So it may be the same line up that started against Chelsea.

- lets go 3-0 with a Jelevic brace and Naismith goal to give Martinez a real selection headache next week.

I do think that being dropped will be good for Jellyfish as he is lacking confidence and not scoring. His all round game isn't too bad usually but he is trying too hard to score. He needs to concentrate on getting back into the side and to forget about trying to score. He has already shown he has the talent to do so, so if it is off his mind his natural ability will return (I hope) Anyway for this game Lukaku is a certainty to start surely.

Guest rusty747

I had almost forgotten what it feels like to look forward to the next match in such a positive manner. Got to hand it to Bobby, he sure knows how to say the right things at the right time. Looks like he is capable of walking the talk too. I feel good. Thanks Bobby.

We really need to settle as a team and up our game if we are to do anything with our season.

We can celebrate our victory against Chelsea, but the truth is we were absolutely battered by the Chavs, and got away with murder. Had their strikers hit the target we could have lost 10-1 such was the extent of their chances, so a huge improvement is required.

Airing on the side of caution might not be too bad an idea, as it's normally the mid table sides we struggle to break down. Hit them on the break etc, but by Christ we need to tighten our game up in the middle of the park.

That's the Turkish beer talking....they certainly had a few more chances than us but 10-1 is mad talk.

Take a look at the 20 min highlights Mike on the Evertontv, or you can see it on my homepage if you can't be arsed logging in to the main site.

The amount of chances they had was incredible. How much money is Eto'o on again?

Really. Take a look.

Take a look at the 20 min highlights Mike on the Evertontv, or you can see it on my homepage if you can't be arsed logging in to the main site.

The amount of chances they had was incredible. How much money is Eto'o on again?

Really. Take a look.

Don't need to. I watched the whole match live.

According to the stats they had five attempts on target (same as us) and another seventeen off. Nobody ever got ten goals from those numbers.

If you'd have said we could've lost 3-1 then fair enough but ten is just silly.

Don't need to. I watched the whole match live.

According to the stats they had five attempts on target (same as us) and another seventeen off. Nobody ever got ten goals from those numbers.

If you'd have said we could've lost 3-1 then fair enough but ten is just silly.

Well, stats don't always tell it as it is. I watched the full match too, and the highlights only minutes before posting, so if you want to 'remember' the info which forms your opinion then there's not much I can do about that. 17 attempts plus 5 attempts in my book is 22 attempts, and 22 attempts from some of the so called top strikers in the world, so I think my point was a fair one, especially as it says "IF THEY HIT THE TARGET". The main point is we were very easily undone, and must improve.

Guest blueboy122

We really need to settle as a team and up our game if we are to do anything with our season.

We can celebrate our victory against Chelsea, but the truth is we were absolutely battered by the Chavs, and got away with murder. Had their strikers hit the target we could have lost 10-1 such was the extent of their chances, so a huge improvement is required.

Airing on the side of caution might not be too bad an idea, as it's normally the mid table sides we struggle to break down. Hit them on the break etc, but by Christ we need to tighten our game up in the middle of the park.

No chance, we were not battered at all... Rode our luck a few times yes but certainly didnt get battered. We came under the cosh as well but every team would at some period in the game.

"Battered"... No chance Av not having that.

No chance, we were not battered at all... Rode our luck a few times yes but certainly didnt get battered. We came under the cosh as well but every team would at some period in the game.

"Battered"... No chance Av not having that.

All interpretations BB.

I thought we'd done better until I watched the highlights. Maybe they just make it look particularly one sided, but I've never seen so many chances missed by a team at Goodison. Had they been more clinical we would have been in for a really bad day.

All I can say is watch what I watched, and see if you still disagree.

Another striker up front and yeah they could have had 3 goals - but many of their efforts were long range wild shots - mikkel etc. Howard gifted them their most clear cut chance.

However - put into balance Luiz should not have been on the pitch after his pro fould on mirallas. Baines hit the bar, a few times nainsmith cocked up a counter attack.

It was a closer game than the highlights suggest, and we certainly gave them cause for concern.

They are a formidable attacking side and will create chances whoever they play, we got them at a good time, once mourinho finds his formula they will be like a machine. I do think Luiz is a defensive mid though, he's like Joseph Yobo at centre back, however his quality on the ball is special.

I think if we get an early goal confidence will settle and we will play our stuff. Somebody is gonna get a twatting off us and no mistake. If we get a goal in first 20 mins I think it'll end up 3 or 4 if we are 0-0 at half time we might lose abit of confidence and they are a problem from set pieces you don't want to chase a game against these!

Lukaku and Kone alternating and or replacing each other for the next 6 to 8 games till we find out who our best striker is this season - Jelavic has had more than enough chances already -

even if Chelsea missed a 101 shots on goal and we beat them 1-0 with our only shot on goal I would still be happy - that is what football is all about - especially for the weaker sides on paper -

we were not nearly as bad against Chelsea as Avinalaff suggests - Everton with their" pocket knives" managed to do to Chelsea what ManUnited with their machine guns could not do - beat them at home -

my Everton cup is half full but it feels more like overflowing after that historic win

Meant to be studying for an exam this morning, but I think we all know this is a little more important!

I really think the Chelsea game could be a big springboard for us. Not sure if it was because we were playing Chelsea, the impact of the new players or the new found competition for places, but the levels of intensity and desire that was shown last week was hugely impressive. If that can be dug up regularly, we could be on for a better season than I expected in August.

Would very much like to see McCarthy given a start. I think his cameo off the bench last week merited getting to see a little more of him. And I think everyone knows Osman isnt suited to playing the deeper role alongside Barry. From what Ive seen of McCarthy with Wigan and Ireland, he looks a stronger player in the air than Osman too which could be needed against any team Allardyce manages.

That aside, I think bringing in Lukaku is a no brainer. Not sure how fit Kone is and, much as I like Jelavic, I dont think we can afford to keep playing without a real goal threat up top.

Going to venture for a 2 0 win here, do not think West Ham have enough about them to score, and feel we have enough about us to keep it comfortable. Lukaku and Mirallas with the goals