IGNORED

Our commercial dept and new kits

Mike Preece

Initally, the promotional material contained the wrong shorts (and socks?)

SExtX8W.jpg

It's been corrected since. It looks like players heads were photoshopped on for the original shot - it's the same skin behind the 'v' neck on Jagielka, Osman and Mirallas.

• 3 weeks later...

Swiss Ramble compiled a comparison of all Premier League clubs financial position in the 2012/13 financial year.

For the most part, Everton are around the halfway mark in terms of income and expenditure.

http://imgur.com/a/Ef8br

Although for some reason, it seems Norwich City have a larger commercial income.

FFvWAKl.jpg

Honestly, if I was the CEO and saw this, I would have some very strong things to say. It is simply not acceptable to see Everton's commercial income so low - relative to position in the league, successes of the club, rich history, and so on.

has it done them any good ?

Regardless of whether its done them any good its a damning statistic onb a few fronts:-

• Highlights incompetence within the club.
  • Reduced commecial activity is an indication of lack of "appeal" - both in the sense of increasing fan base and increasing ability to attract investment.
  • Ability to compete for the best players.... the difference between us and Spurs is the difference in getting Lukaku paid for....

I'd say it is a very worrying statistic.

• 3 months later...

Clowns... This does not happen at the likes of United.

Kids who want "full kit" for birthday etc are now getting shorts and top with a random pair of socks or none... Poss poor it really is.

It's made even worse by the fact this release is so late in the summer compared to other club's, so it's not like they haven't had time to get everything in order.

Oh my god, this really has happened hasn't it?! When I first saw the photo I just thought it was a joke because the socks hadn't been put on yet! Someones head needs to roll over this. Maybe get the lawyers in and try and wrangle out of the deal due to breach of contract, negligence , anything?

I'm clutching at straws here I know.

Have they run out of more now? A recent tweet says strong sales have led to availability issues. Were they not expecting to make any sales?! Why can't we have competent people looking after these things?

Edited by Niall

any other organization in the world the person who flubbed that would be fired for an unveiling like this. instead Elstone probably gave himself a bonus. what a wanker

I don't think it's in Elstone's job description to make sure the socks arrive (from whatever far eastern sweat shop they're made in) on time to be honest.

I don't think it's in Elstone's job description to make sure the socks arrive (from whatever far eastern sweat shop they're made in) on time to be honest.

CEO means he's the one in charge. if someone messed up the order, either he hired incompetent people (who hired the bloke who messed up), he has terrible leadership and management skills (a mess up like this is ok and not a big deal), or he's apathetic to work (in which case he's a prick collecting a large paycheck to do nothing).