IGNORED

Next mobile phone

Hafnia

Had enough of the iPhone, it's been great (iPhone 4), but ready for the upgrade now...

Was gonna try sony z1, lg g2.... Alas I think the HTC one is gonna be the one I plump for... Any opinions chaps?

There's just no comparison. Once an Apple user, always an Apple user. Android can't cut it when you look at the details. Plus, beware viruses! It's going to become a really big deal in the next couple of years, and only Apple has a proven track record of dealing with them.

I have an iPhone 5S on order. It should arrive in about three weeks' time.

Been Apple since the I phone 3 and got increasingly pissed off with them telling me what apps and programs I could and could not use my phone so after the 4S I changed to a Galaxy Note 2. Much faster internet (I'm on same network), Can use word and other related programs allot easier. Range and quality of apps much better.

Re security, all phones susceptible, its just Apple are such control freaks and wont let others use their operating system.

Had an iPhone 4, went over to a Samsung s3 on android and found android so much better, much more flexibility with it! Currently have a nexus 4 handset and absolutely love it, it runs android the way Google intends it cause its subsidised by Google its not to expensive and the nexus 5 is out soon, so I'll probably get that

Working at the cheaper end of the market here but I'm in my first contract with an entry level Galaxy and my lad has an Xperia.....how does it work when the contracts run out? Does it continue as is until you change it? And presumably if you take up a new contract with a different phone you get to keep your existing one. My plan is to upgrade Josh's (to a higher spec Xperia because he likes it) and then put my current SIM into his old one and use that myself....will that work?

Sorry for being a thick on this :(.

Ta Bill, I'll give it a go.

Even if it doesn't you'll be able to ring your service provider and request the right size sim.

probably not, but its a great idea

Sorry Matt, didn't mean to sound so blunt with my first comment. It is a very nice idea but it's done by a design student so it looks great and the video is very well put together. He lost me at: "If it's running a bit slow, just replace the part to make it faster"

All sorts of engineering impossibilities with that idea.

Even if it doesn't you'll be able to ring your service provider and request the right size sim.

Sorry Matt, didn't mean to sound so blunt with my first comment. It is a very nice idea but it's done by a design student so it looks great and the video is very well put together. He lost me at: "If it's running a bit slow, just replace the part to make it faster"

All sorts of engineering impossibilities with that idea.

Having worked with engineers over the last couple of years, they tend to live in the same fantasy world as design people; no sense of reality sometimes.

Oh, and no offence taken ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My new Apple iPhone 5S came today. It had been on 3-week back order. It really is an excellent phone, and very light. The fingerprint recognition is golden and saves me having to type in a code every time I go to use my phone (must have security because of access to company email). Have yet to play with the camera (which is supposed to be awesome) or with Siri. Also received a $200 credit for handing in my old iPhone 4. All in all, I'm a happy camper.

• 9 months later...

Got a new phone today as my contract was up; still operating at the budget end of the market (because it's all I need) but they didn't have the one I wanted in stock so I ended up getting a 4G one. Can anyone tell me what advantages this gives? Couldn't be arsed hanging around listening to the smug salesman, who I think was looking down on me due to the fact I was spending so little :dry:.

Just faster coverage of internet , streaming movies music etc I think mate. That's how I see it anyway. I'm sure a tech will tell you more to it but I have an iphone 5s and voda have just gone 4g and everything whizzes along on my phone where as before a lot of things lagged.