IGNORED

Posting only links

Cornish Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I don't have a problem with particularly if it's in a thread where the subject of the link is obvious from the title. So if it's in a rumour thread about a certain player it's pretty obvious that the link will be about that player, there's no need in my opinion to add "Here's the Daily Blah's take on it."

Or if it's in "Odd News" you know it's going to a link to some odd news.

Its your personal opinion Mike, but a lot of people are not of the same opinion, something could have been posted after Cornish opened the thread. Isnt that why "Comments and Suggestions" was put here.

I know all that. I didn't say nobody else was entitled to an opinion....I was just giving my own.

Someone made a suggestion and I made a comment...."Comments and Suggestions" thread in perfect harmony.

Still going on, today and every day.

Always has been, Bill. I know im guilty of it but usually because Im trying to copy/paste a link on my phone/ipad which is hard enough. Plus, sometimes I dont feel the need to comment, the link says everything so I dont see the point in repeating it :)

I'm sure you and the rest of the Hierarhcy will remember the order that went out many years ago, it was about people just putting smileys in their posts without any dialogue. I think its a similar scenario with just posting the links.

Matt Said...... "sometimes I dont feel the need to comment, the link says everything".

No Matt, the link doesnt say anything until you open it.

Edited by Bill

I'm sure you and the rest of the Hierarhcy will remember the order that went out many years ago, it was about people just putting smileys in their posts without any dialogue. I think its a similar scenario with just posting the links.

Matt Said...... "sometimes I dont feel the need to comment, the link says everything".

No Matt, the link doesnt say anything until you open it.

Not true, you can see in the URL 95% of the time. If youre not interested, dont open it. Its not something that takes hours - its 20s. Usually the thread gives you an idea of what its going to be about anyway. If its in the Moyes thread, odds are it will be something about Moyes. If its in the Longest Thread for Sports, its going to be sports related...

If Ive got something to add, I'll add it. But I wont quote the page for the sake of it, unless theres a particular part of the page I want to highlight.