IGNORED

Saido Berahino

At that price, worth a go. Then again, I'd rather give Vellios a chance

Got an impressive goals to games ratio and seems like a kid with a future and can only improve, so may be worth a chance.

To be honest, I think if Vellios were any good , he'd have gotten more of a chance by now.

He's not even making the bench. He didn't even make the bench when Kone was injured and Lukaku was ineligible... Mirallas played upfront when Jelavic came off.

That was because we wanted to play counter attacking football and Jelavic wouldnt have suited the way we would have wanted to play.

Although I agree with your original point, I dont think we are going to see much of him now but I dont see a problem with that now considering we have much more depth in that area.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Agreed. He's a great little player though.

Needs to do it for a bit longer for me. Admittedly he's been on fire this season but he scored five in thirty-two games last season; football is littered with players who had a hot streak and then disappeared without trace. Hope he does well though, like it when players come from backgrounds like his and succeed.

Didn't we all think that about Rom though?

You really think we'll spunk another £20m on a single player? I don't see us doing that for some time. The latter point though; you could be right. Although, Rom only wanted to play in the PL and we were the only PL club after him. Whereas United, Liverpool, Spurs etc are being linked with Berahino.

Needs to do it for a bit longer for me. Admittedly he's been on fire this season but he scored five in thirty-two games last season; football is littered with players who had a hot streak and then disappeared without trace. Hope he does well though, like it when players come from backgrounds like his and succeed.

Bit like Andros Townsend, and Sterling when he first broke through last season. Both disappeared for a long time and only the latter has made headlines in recent months.

Bit like Andros Townsend, and Sterling when he first broke through last season. Both disappeared for a long time and only the latter has made headlines in recent months.

I compare them to James McClean and unsurprisingly a lot of people don't remember him.

I'm with MikeO on this one.