IGNORED

Spurs

Finn balor

Guest blueboy122

I think anything Spurs can come away with from Goodison Park on Sunday will be a very welcome bonus for us.

What's the chances of Spurs offloading some of the players come January? You have a massive squad and have got a huge wage bill no doubt and with the likes of Holtby etc not getting regular game time will they be itching to leave?

What's the chances of Spurs offloading some of the players come January? You have a massive squad and have got a huge wage bill no doubt and with the likes of Holtby etc not getting regular game time will they be itching to leave?

We got rid of 25 players during the summer, either permanently or on loan, so there's not too much dead wood left at the moment.

Players like Gomes and Adebayor might be off in January though, provided clubs are willing to meet their wage demands.

Everton will no doubt get the usual 3 points against us tomorrow.

I hope its a good game and neither of us pick up any injuries, this is one of the fixtures I dread in the season.

I shall be watching this with a my neighbor who is a massive Everton fan just hope he doesn't gloat too much.

I have watched every game Spurs have played so far this season either at WHL or on TV or via a stream ont Tinternet, we have had long periods of dominating possession without posing any serious threat, hence the lack of goals, we struggle breaking down teams that battle in the middle, which is why we will struggle against Everton tomorrow, our defence bizarrely for Tottenham has been fairly solid, and we haven't conceded too many goals despite the very dodgy high line, which exposes big gaps at the back.

I predict we will line up with a 4-2-3-1 formation, its difficult to predict as the two teams are very similar in quality but good luck tomorrow but I hope Spurs win comfortably to help the confidence of our young team.

Come On You Spurs !

Holtby (despite being an Everton fan) is very happy at Spurs and has played regular, it's rumoured that Lennon could be off in January to Italy, I hope Adebayor will Fuck off soon but can't see any clubs being interested in him.

Holtby is class, just struggled to adapt there for a while. Eriksen is even better so well sorted for that creative player in the hole mate.

Edited by Nikica

Holtby also has a good attitude, but there is also Siggurdson, Eriksen, and Lamela all very similar.Bit Worried about Lamela though £30 million and he is really struggling for confidence, bit concerned your Miralles could tear Naughton a new arsehole on our left tomorrow if Vertonghen does not play there, Jagielka should keep Soldado quiet, and Townshend will do his usual shooting from everywhere policy, for a neutral it looks a good game.

Holtby also has a good attitude, but there is also Siggurdson, Eriksen, and Lamela all very similar.Bit Worried about Lamela though £30 million and he is really struggling for confidence, bit concerned your Miralles could tear Naughton a new arsehole on our left tomorrow if Vertonghen does not play there, Jagielka should keep Soldado quiet, and Townshend will do his usual shooting from everywhere policy, for a neutral it looks a good game.

Yeah, they're all very good. Sigurdsson is an interesting player because he's not really that talented as far as top level players go, but he's the sort of guy who's made the most of himself and will get you goals. He's a bit like a lesser Lampard in that respect.

I have faith in Lamela and Soldado. Saw a lot of the latter in La Liga and his all-round game, whilst not amazing, is still pretty good and better than he's shown in the PL thus far. As for Lamela, he was great at Roma and I've known about him for a while (he came to my attention at the same time as another boy called Juan Iturbe). Didn't follow him properly until his Roma days though, and he was very impressive. I was very surprised that you acquired him. I am a big fan of the majority of the signings you've made, and if you gel they are capable of hammering teams.

I don't rate Naughton or Walker, I said earlier I think full-back is by far your weakest area.

I'm not an Everton fan, so I am the neutral in this instance. :) I'm looking forward to watching the game though, two good teams who are capable of playing entertaining football.

I agree with all your comments particularly the full back point, Walker flatters to decieve, surely there is a better Right back for England, Nikica just out of interest who do you Support ?

He's a Rangers fan with reservations Paul, explained here....

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25676-do-you-let-religious-or-political-views-interfere-with-your-passions/?p=375735

I think the title is perhaps a step too far, but it's certainly not out of the question. I made the point that once their signings gel they'll be better than they were least season, because last season they were dependent on a single player. Everything went through Bale, but he's not a playmaker type, and that's why they struggled and needed late screamers from him to win games. This season however, their team will surely become more balanced given the signings they have made. Their team is overall stronger with the likes of Paulinho, Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend and Soldado, and as a result they're more well equipped to control games in the first place and not require late goals to bail them out of trouble (no pun intended).

Some people see the above as a controversial point because it essentially claims that Bale was more of a problem than a solution, but it basically boils down to it being better to have a balanced team than one 'star' who you rely on to come up with something late in a game. Of course the ideal scenario would have been for Bale to stay and the new players to be added to him, but I think Levy played a cracker in getting RM to vastly overpay for him and therefore having more cash to strengthen the squad. It's a team game, not individual.

Going back to Everton, though, the fact you lose so few games (as you say) is a factor in my thinking as well. I think it's hard to call because it could be any of the three results, so that's why i'm sitting on the fence with a draw, leaning towards you if one team does win it.

Spurs are actually struggling to break teams down at home right now (partly because they haven't gelled yet as we say, but the fans are also getting on their back), so they might actually prefer to come to Goodison and have a team take the game to them. What I would say is that Martinez shouldn't be too gung ho at the weekend, as Spurs can carve teams open on the break away from home - it's working through compressed space that's their problem right now.

So an attacking yet disciplined performance from you lot may well see you take the points.

Brilliant post Nikica. Some very good points there, but I would say that our defence has been playing very well (Wet sham game aside) , AVB likes this high line with Lloris acting as Sweeper, this leaves us open to a ball over the top with a Quick striker on to it ala West ham, but there is too much probing, and side and back passes, in most of our games we have had more possession but created few chances. The Everton back 4 will not be troubled too much tomorrow unless Baines puts his boots on the wrong feet (here's hoping ) Midfield is the Key area Dembele and Paulinho will probably start, and Everton will need to bypass themto get any Joy, even at Goodison I would let spurs come onto you then a well placed pass into the gaping hole for Lukaku to run onto 3-0 Everton

Newcastle beating Chelsea means that if we can win tomorrow we'll be more than a quarter of the way through the season and we'll be ahead of Chelsea, Spurs and both Manchester clubs. If Arsenal could beat them later this afternoon you can add Liverpool to the list.

I know there's a couple of "ifs" in there but who'd have thought that would even be a possibility at the beginning of the season (or after the first three games)?

We have the potential to take second place for at least a week tomorrow! I never feel comfotable playing Spurs though, but Martinez is impressing so far along with all of our new signings.

I doubt much will be changed tomorrow from the last match, maybe he will give naismith a start as he is a more defense minded player and spurs look to have a really talented squad going forward (however on the other hand we are at home and should go for it!), and on top of that Mirallas hasnt been the play I thought he would be this season.

Lukaku to score 12 goals and probably knighted post-match.

Edited by AidanLewis

Big IF Steve. But possible.

Hiya Paul good to see you again my old mate. I really miss 101.

So do I Rubes, use FB a lot now but there's a lot of arseholes that if they don't agree with you become unnecessarily abusive, this is arguably the best forum I have seen a real decent bunch of people, never really gave Everton a thought before I came on here, but now I look at their results and would like to see them do well, except today.

Barkley on the bench, right decision for me.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/396978724601475072/photo/1

Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Lukaku

Robles, Jelavic, Oviedo, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones

Thats our strongest side atm so im happy about the side. Just very worried about this game.