IGNORED

Tomas Radzinski

rubecula

http://www.toffeeweb.com/players/profiles/Radzinski.asp

"Although not out of contract until 2005, he was not impressed with an offer of a meagre two-year extension offered by David Moyes under the new 'over-30' short-contract policy at Everton, and seemed destined to look for a more secure deal... with Fulham perhaps? Or Blackburn? That seemed Radzinski's intention when he submitted a transfer request in mid-June, a request which Everton rejected.

But Everton eventually relented and at the end of June 2004 offered him the 3-year deal he wanted, mainly due to uncertainty over Rooney's future. And what does Tomasz do? He turns it down, and takes the opportunity to shit on the Moyes (accusing him of being unable to make a decision) and the Club from the dubious height of the Daily Mirror in a scathing attack — adding salt to the raw wound by going on to tell Rooney he should leave!

While his comments about Moyes indicate that the Manager has lost way too many of the players, this highly unprofessional move shows a total lack of respect to long-suffering Evertonians who have supported him through thick and thin, and turned him into a millionaire over the past three years. His comments about Rooney are a massive hammer blow, coming from one of his teammates, although Radz probably already knew the decision about Rooney's future had already been made.

Radzinski decided to fight the fine of two week's salary levied against him for spouting off in the media. He said he doesn't regret anything he told the Mirror, but he plans to fight to have the fine quashed or reduced at a 29 September 2004 hearing. "I don't think it was a big outburst," he said. "It was just bad timing maybe and that's why I was got fined. I thought it was really not fair to me after the service I provided to Everton for three years." Ha!"

• 4 years later...