IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

• 2 weeks later...

There's just isn't any explanation for him not getting games. He's looking sharp now so there really is no excuse. I'll be so annoyed if we lose him it will certainly weaken the squad. How Naismith, Lennon and TC can be ahead of him out wide is baffling. The other forgotten man is McGeady. Bloke isn't getting anywhere near the pitch.

Kev is still one if the best players at the club - hands down.

I can't blame him. Class player and should be playing more for us. RM has botched this one really badly.

"He was handed a 25 minute cameo in Sunday's 6-2 win over Sunderland when replacing Deulofeu but could look to review his situation in January."

What a pile of crap, he's not in a position to review anything because he's under contract. When he's had his chances (Sunday included) he's fallen short.

Twenty-five minutes ain't a "cameo", it's a chance to prove yourself. He didn't. Again. Against a piss-poor defence.

If only he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd be loving him.

(McGeady needs to be forgotten asap, Roberto's biggest error)

"He was handed a 25 minute cameo in Sunday's 6-2 win over Sunderland when replacing Deulofeu but could look to review his situation in January."

What a pile of crap, he's not in a position to review anything because he's under contract. When he's had his chances (Sunday included) he's fallen short.

Twenty-five minutes ain't a "cameo", it's a chance to prove yourself. He didn't. Again. Against a piss-poor defence.

If only he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd be loving him.

I think he's looked more than worthy in his last 2 premier league cameos. (Didn't watch Norwich). Sharp and energetic just needs more minutes.

For what we paid he's fine. Squad filler and an occasional cup match. I'm not sure why he didn't press for the move to Celtic when the press had the story going in the summer. He made his money in Russia if he wanted to actually play he could do so in Scotland. Oh well his loss.

There really has to be something else happening here I think. It's too fuckin bizarre to play him as little as RM does. Doesn't make sense, but then again Martinez does a few things that don't make sense.

Also, really not fair to judge him on based on playing 25 minutes. There's been players getting 3-4 matches in a row and sucking shit.

WHY he signed a new contract will remain one of life's greatest mysteries.

There's just isn't any explanation for him not getting games. He's looking sharp now so there really is no excuse. I'll be so annoyed if we lose him it will certainly weaken the squad. How Naismith, Lennon and TC can be ahead of him out wide is baffling. The other forgotten man is McGeady. Bloke isn't getting anywhere near the pitch.

Kev is still one if the best players at the club - hands down.

There was an explanation... Just not one that you wanted to hear.

Martinez said that Mirralas will be ready making a mark on the team bow that he has recovered from injury and got his fitness back.

But he still has to realise it's actions that will earn him a starting place...not reputation.

Although I didn't think he was that bad on Sunday. He did well.

For what we paid he's fine. Squad filler and an occasional cup match. I'm not sure why he didn't press for the move to Celtic when the press had the story going in the summer. He made his money in Russia if he wanted to actually play he could do so in Scotland. Oh well his loss.

Maybe, just maybe, the press made the whole thing up and there was never interest from Celtic.

whether it be injury or lack of form/attitude Mirallas has got opportunities to work his way back into the team.

There are two extra wingers (Gerry and Lennon) - Miralllas hasn't looked the player we know he can be for some time.

He is petulent by nature and I do think he is a bit of a pain in the backside. He is certainly not so good that we need to pander to his ways.

25 minutes is enough to give him a go at impressing and he did ok.

Regarding his contract I think its a simple case of something like "you can sit and earn £40k a week for another year - or you can get the security of a £60k a week 3 year deal and we will sell you"

There was an explanation... Just not one that you wanted to hear.

Martinez said that Mirralas will be ready making a mark on the team bow that he has recovered from injury and got his fitness back.

But he still has to realise it's actions that will earn him a starting place...not reputation.

Although I didn't think he was that bad on Sunday. He did well.

The explanation was absolute tripe, following suit to all Martinez explanations.

There really has to be something else happening here I think. It's too fuckin bizarre to play him as little as RM does. Doesn't make sense, but then again Martinez does a few things that don't make sense.

Also, really not fair to judge him on based on playing 25 minutes. There's been players getting 3-4 matches in a row and sucking shit.

WHY he signed a new contract will remain one of life's greatest mysteries.

Presumably broken promises from the guy who's put him on the naughty chair.

The explanation was absolute tripe, following suit to all Martinez explanations.

Lets not forget MC - Mirallas is the one who had bridges to mend, not Martinez.

Its clear that Martinez has had problems with him. The Eto saga was a very poor piece of player power gone wrong and I think Martinez clearly managed to salvage that situation.

He is getting tiome on the pitch, it is up to him to show his worth.

All this empty promises stuff is nonsense - no players get promised that they will play every game or whatever.

Edited by Hafnia

Naismith, Cleverley, Lennon & Kone all ahead of him on the wings? Give me a break!

Gerry I can agree with. Let's put the boot on the other foot.... I guy like Mirallas wants to win trophies, at least win games. He has a guy managing a team playing absolutely shite football game after game after game. No wonder there was unrest. Let's not forget Martinez is the one who brought the big ego (Eto'o)into the dressing room not Mirallas. Huge mistake!!

Martinez is sailing along on his bullshit boat. We'll have another mediocre season in my opinion because the guy hasn't got a clue. Up and down, up and down all season.... No consistency. The squad we have we should closer to the pack than we are.

Naismith, Cleverley, Lennon & Kone all ahead of him on the wings? Give me a break!

Gerry I can agree with. Let's put the boot on the other foot.... I guy like Mirallas wants to win trophies, at least win games. He has a guy managing a team playing absolutely shite football game after game after game. No wonder there was unrest. Let's not forget Martinez is the one who brought the big ego (Eto'o)into the dressing room not Mirallas. Huge mistake!!

Martinez is sailing along on his bullshit boat. We'll have another mediocre season in my opinion because the guy hasn't got a clue. Up and down, up and down all season.... No consistency. The squad we have we should closer to the pack than we are.

I think you may have a tendancy to dislike Martinez more for his fallout with Mirallas than the actual manager that he is.

He has performed solidly - there is no question of that. Last year was a disaster and he clearly learned from it.

Whether you like it or not we can't have players take part in a mutiny.

Mirallas has been injured - thats why we seen Nais on the wing ahead of him. Cleverley was a revelation before getting injured.

Lets not forget - players aren't picked on the basis of what they did on the pitch when they play well - RM watches them train and clearly something has been amiss with Kev.

Its clear Roberto doesn't fancy him so we may as well sell him

Its not doing anybody any good forcing him to sit on the bench and watch the likes of Naismith, Kone and Lennon fail to deliver in his position

He has fancied him - that is most certainly true for the first year. It is clear that the story of Mirallas being Eto's lap dog and co-trouble maker caused issues across the ranks.

Fact is Mirallas got near 30 minutes at the weekend - he didnt have to play him.

I'd love to keep hold of him as he is a class act on his day and has a lot to offer but I don't think he will be here come the start of next season

He's good enough to start week in week out at most decent sides putting aside some of the "incidents" and at his age he'll likely want to test the water elsewhere and push for a CL club

Since the summer I've had a strange feeling he will end up at Kiev and Yarmolenko will come here with cash added to a deal aswel, he gets CL football and they get a fairly adequate replacement or more than likely its just daft and wishfull thinking -_-

I'd love to keep hold of him as he is a class act on his day and has a lot to offer but I don't think he will be here come the start of next season

He's good enough to start week in week out at most decent sides putting aside some of the "incidents" and at his age he'll likely want to test the water elsewhere and push for a CL club

Since the summer I've had a strange feeling he will end up at Kiev and Yarmolenko will come here with cash added to a deal aswel, he gets CL football and they get a fairly adequate replacement or more than likely its just daft and wishfull thinking -_-

That actually seems a plausible scenario. Yarmolenko signed a contract to get them money and maybe Mirallas did for us and therefore its safeguarded both clubs... Kinda like a gentlemans agreement.

Yarmolenko could get us top 4 - thats how good he is.

That actually seems a plausible scenario. Yarmolenko signed a contract to get them money and maybe Mirallas did for us and therefore its safeguarded both clubs... Kinda like a gentlemans agreement.

Yarmolenko could get us top 4 - thats how good he is.

That was the little logic I could muster from the odd goings on with both players over the summer just a tad coincidental imo

Would be a good move on both parts really I'm not getting my hopes up in the slightest I've just an odd feeling about it all

Its clear Roberto doesn't fancy him so we may as well sell him

Its not doing anybody any good forcing him to sit on the bench and watch the likes of Naismith, Kone and Lennon fail to deliver in his position

agreed dunc. he and naisy can leave in january, we've got gerry kone tom lennon pienaar etc on the wings, we can let a few go.

agreed dunc. he and naisy can leave in january, we've got gerry kone tom lennon pienaar etc on the wings, we can let a few go.

Don't think Pienaar can be counted anymore, and I would rather see Mirallas play wide than any of the above... If he can get over himself and start playing properly again"

Gerry and Kone have set the standard, Kevin needs to go above that standard, and consistently, which he never has done for us.

I'm not sure he has the determination to fight for his place to be honest. He's been at his best when he was the main man, but he isn't our main man anymore. He needs to fight.

Gerry and Kone have set the standard, Kevin needs to go above that standard, and consistently, which he never has done for us.

I'm not sure he has the determination to fight for his place to be honest. He's been at his best when he was the main man, but he isn't our main man anymore. He needs to fight.

steve that's not how it works. RM likes one winger and one mid who cuts in. basically it's gerry mirallas lennon mcgeady all fighting for 1 spot and kone cleverley pienaar ossie fighting for the other spot.

hence why selling mirallas would be a good idea since he's of value and we have lennon who can spell gerry.