IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Not sure what the Lennon signing means for Kev & also maybe Deulofeu.... Impact subs? Got a massive feeling Lennon is going to be first choice (safe option).

With Cleverley out Kev will most likely play on the left until he's back. Pretty certain Cleverley & Lennon will be first choice when both available. Why? I have no idea

Cleverley is Osman Mk2, good skill, can pick a pass, tackle (not that Osman could tackle) and cross, but he cant beat a man down the line. Ideally he would be in the middle with McCarthy and Barkley with Mirallas and Deulofeu on the wings. Lennon will be the safe option when we need to tie the opposing full back up and have someone who will track back.

Cleverley is Osman Mk2, good skill, can pick a pass, tackle (not that Osman could tackle) and cross, but he cant beat a man down the line. Ideally he would be in the middle with McCarthy and Barkley with Mirallas and Deulofeu on the wings. Lennon will be the safe option when we need to tie the opposing full back up and have someone who will track back.

Tell that to Martinez because Cleverley seems to be the LM. He hasn't used Mirallas properly for 8 months.

Tell that to Martinez because Cleverley seems to be the LM. He hasn't used Mirallas properly for 8 months.

If I could I would.

We haven't played with wingers for about 8 months. I think after the poor start last season he changed tactics from wingers to an attacking trio with overlapping fullbacks. Also McGeady being shit and Pienaar injured didn't help.

I think now he has Deulofeu and Lennon that might change - I hope.

I would also ask him why we get so many F"£k**$ hamstring injuries!

We stopped playing wingers and, lo! results and performances started to improve, as did the impacts of Baines and Coleman.

It's not rocket science. You either play attacking FBs with link up midfielders or you play wingers and leave the FBs to defend. You cannot have wingers and attacking FBs, it just doesn't work.

So the next question is; who do you drop? Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, McGeady?

At least with Lennon he will track back and actually defend. Kev, as talented as he is going forward, is not exactly known for putting in a defensive shift. Lennon being first choice isn't only the sensible option, it's the sane option if we want to get the best from Coleman.

Mirallas in front of a Galloway or Mori, who I imagine could be filling in at LB for a bit, makes much more sense.

Couple things matt. Man city plays wings and attacking fullbacks and they have no issues. So does Chelsea.

If we didn't play 2 DCM I would get your point but they cover for the fullbacks. Now look at arsenal, they're one DCM so their fullbacks don't really attack, it's all midfield and forward play.

Honestly Matt you're right though. If we can't afford better players we have a glut of talent that doesn't fit the scheme the best. Sell Coleman and stones this summer I say. Use the money for a 10 and 2 RB (one young one proven). Baines can still attack just move Lennon to his side

RB Mori jags Baines

McCarthy

Mirallas 10 Barkley Lennon

Lukaku

Edited by markjazzbassist

I know i will probably get some stick for this but I think Kone should be given an extended run and bench Lukaku, If the ball goes to Kone its controlled and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Its time to get the Coaches working on Lukaku's control, if anybody sends the ball towards him it bounces away like hitting a brick wall.

Kone is looking better with each Game.

I know i will probably get some stick for this but I think Kone should be given an extended run and bench Lukaku, If the ball goes to Kone its controlled and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Its time to get the Coaches working on Lukaku's control, if anybody sends the ball towards him it bounces away like hitting a brick wall.

Kone is looking better with each Game.

no argument there bill. Kone has a great touch and holds the ball up very well.

hes still 50/50 in that respect, but I'm not against him getting an extended run, just don't think he should lead the line.

He'll take over from TC now I reckon, bring Mirallas on the right instead.

I think Kone controls what you expect a professional player to control, he uses his body wellto look after it too.

Roms touch is at an all time low, unfortunately I think what I said will prove to be true, after a certain age your touch is your touch. Roms is among the worst I've seen at professional level.

I wish it wasn't but it is. Far too often we end up on the back foot because of it.

I think Kone controls what you expect a professional player to control, he uses his body wellto look after it too.

Roms touch is at an all time low, unfortunately I think what I said will prove to be true, after a certain age your touch is your touch. Roms is among the worst I've seen at professional level.

I wish it wasn't but it is. Far too often we end up on the back foot because of it.

Why didn't you say before?! :o:P

Kones control can be brilliant, but it can be awful aswell. I honestly don't see a massive difference between the 2; both can be very good at controlling and protecting the ball, both can be abysmal.

Why didn't you say before?! :o:P

Kones control can be brilliant, but it can be awful aswell. I honestly don't see a massive difference between the 2; both can be very good at controlling and protecting the ball, both can be abysmal.

Kone has Has a game or 2 where nothing went right for him but he'd been out for a while. Given a few games he was sharp.

Rom plays week in week out, and im sorry Matt but his touch woeful. If he controls a ball it stands out... That's how bad it is.

Time after time play breaks down. It's not just me who notices it mate, it's not a victim thing.

Kone has Has a game or 2 where nothing went right for him but he'd been out for a while. Given a few games he was sharp.

Rom plays week in week out, and im sorry Matt but his touch woeful. If he controls a ball it stands out... That's how bad it is.

Time after time play breaks down. It's not just me who notices it mate, it's not a victim thing.

He was shocking for months last season. Granted he's been better this season but still very prone to miscontrolling. I won't mention his passing....

I know, I've been paying more attention but for me Rom is still 50/50. It's just when it's really bad it's pounced upon and when he actually does it well it doesn't get recognized (rightly so, it should be expected)

Edited by Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I think Martinez has played a blinder with him. The lad has talent, he also has a very high opinion of himself and isn't a team player. We seen this in his non celebration when Naismith wrapped up the points.

I think for too long he has thought he was bigger than the manager and Martinez has well and truly let him know who is boss.

I hope like his fellow countryman they truly understand the worth of the badge, inconsistent performances, arrogance and a smattering of world class performances will not do.

Martinez seems to have made a breakthrough this season and we need togetherness not me me me.

I think Martinez has played a blinder with him. The lad has talent, he also has a very high opinion of himself and isn't a team player. We seen this in his non celebration when Naismith wrapped up the points.

I think for too long he has thought he was bigger than the manager and Martinez has well and truly let him know who is boss.

I hope like his fellow countryman they truly understand the worth of the badge, inconsistent performances, arrogance and a smattering of world class performances will not do.

Martinez seems to have made a breakthrough this season and we need togetherness not me me me.

Totally disagree, I think Martinez is missing an opportunity by never giving him a chance

If he doesn't fancy him and isn't going to play him, why give him a new contract ? If he is just going to warm the bench then we should have sold him in the summer

Totally disagree, I think Martinez is missing an opportunity by never giving him a chance

If he doesn't fancy him and isn't going to play him, why give him a new contract ? If he is just going to warm the bench then we should have sold him in the summer

Martinez does fancy him that's why he got the contract, but for now Kone is playing so well he cant be dropped. He will get his chance tho, Kone only lasts about 60 mins, and if Mirallas play's well he will get his chance.

Martinez does fancy him that's why he got the contract, but for now Kone is playing so well he cant be dropped. He will get his chance tho, Kone only lasts about 60 mins, and if Mirallas play's well he will get his chance.

Completely agree. That's why he's been given small cameos.... Oh wait

Kev made some mistakes by trying to impose his worth to the team. His demeanour in and around the Eto fiasco pissed me off.

Then talking about his future at a time when we were in the shit annoyed me.

He is a superb player on his day, but Kev suffers with an arrogance that affects his contribution to the team.

I think Martinez has secured a £15m plus asset and in doing that has laid the law down. Kev didn't attract the clubs he felt good enough to buy him. He now has to wait for his chance, lets hope he knuckles down and takes his chance. On his day he is up there with the best attacking midfielders.

Completely agree. That's why he's been given small cameos.... Oh wait

I think he has to earn the managers trust again MC. Martinez made the smart business decision and got him in contract and let's be honest it must have suited Kev, no player wants to have 6 months guaranteed wages with no real solid club offering much better.

Martinez knows quite clearly what makes this lad tick and I think we will see a different mirallas when he gets his chance.

It's interesting, Gerrard has come out saying that Benitez never liked him... More like he never kissed his arse and Benitez got the best out of Gerrard. Sometimes the tough approach fires up the players.