IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

I think he has to earn the managers trust again MC. Martinez made the smart business decision and got him in contract and let's be honest it must have suited Kev, no player wants to have 6 months guaranteed wages with no real solid club offering much better.

Martinez knows quite clearly what makes this lad tick and I think we will see a different mirallas when he gets his chance.

It's interesting, Gerrard has come out saying that Benitez never liked him... More like he never kissed his arse and Benitez got the best out of Gerrard. Sometimes the tough approach fires up the players.

I pretty much put all the blame on Martinez for the way Mirallas has turned out. A quiet lad under Moyes. If all the dressing room unrest is true then surely it has to all boil down to a weak manager. This wouldn't have happened under Moyes. Player daren't cross him. If this is Martinez trying to put his foot down good on him! But losing the respect of the players in the first place isn't forgivable IMO.

I pretty much put all the blame on Martinez for the way Mirallas has turned out. A quiet lad under Moyes. If all the dressing room unrest is true then surely it has to all boil down to a weak manager. This wouldn't have happened under Moyes. Player daren't cross him. If this is Martinez trying to put his foot down good on him! But losing the respect of the players in the first place isn't forgivable IMO.

I'd say being a professional footballer who tried to take advantage of a person's decent nature is more unforgivable.

The likes of Bobby Robson didn't have to be strict disciplinarians and yes some players did try and take the piss, they didn't do it again though.

I like the fact that Martinez seems to be learning and applyt these learnings.

He is so far down the pecking order now that it was a waste of time offering him a new contract

He is third choice winger in a side that doesn't play with wingers!

So even if he is sat on the bench he knows Lennon, Gerry and Naismith will get the nod before him

Under Moyes he was probably one of our most dangerous players , under Martinez he may as well be a ball boy

He is so far down the pecking order now that it was a waste of time offering him a new contract

He is third choice winger in a side that doesn't play with wingers!

So even if he is sat on the bench he knows Lennon, Gerry and Naismith will get the nod before him

Under Moyes he was probably one of our most dangerous players , under Martinez he may as well be a ball boy

Too early to say that for me, he'll get his chance and then it's down to him to keep it.

Lets not forget he picked up an injury against Watford. While we have options now, he doesnt need to rush him back and risk making it worse. When hes 100% fit, and just as important in form, he will play.

Against Watford before he got injured he was anonymous. If he wants to fight for his place, he will be great. I still question whether he has the mentality to fight for his place though.

why would he not appeal that? almost like he wants him to be out the 3 matches. if the west ham guys card got appealed why not give it a shot? whats the harm, worst case they say no.

he even said in the press conference it's not a red.

I don't think he said that - he said he thinks it looked worse than it was and that he doesn't think he meant to hurt him.

That isn't saying he doesnt think its a red.

If you appeal a red card and it was a red card they can increase the games banned and also it doesn't stand you in good stead for future appeals.

It was a dangerous challenge and therefore was a straight red.

I don't think he said that - he said he thinks it looked worse than it was and that he doesn't think he meant to hurt him.

If you appeal a red card and it was a red card they can increase the games banned and also it doesn't stand you in good stead for future appeals.

Where's the conspiracy theory in that though? Keep your sound logic to yourself.

it's held against you for the future? bull Sh!t. chelsea appeals cards every week and they keep letting costa abuse players. i'm not buying that one bit.

increasing the games banned? ok that makes sense, but does anyone in their right mind think they would increase the games for that? no. hence the why not appeal and hope for the best. just seems like "RM mr nice guy we love the refs, best in the world" and all that. they got it wrong, should be 1 match.

why would he not appeal that? almost like he wants him to be out the 3 matches. if the west ham guys card got appealed why not give it a shot? whats the harm, worst case they say no.

he even said in the press conference it's not a red.

Because there is absolutely no way that red card would be rescinded. He went over the top of the ball and his studs go straight into the Swansea man. It's a red card. Simple as that.

It could then be seen as a frivolous appeal (due to it being a red card) and therefore the FA could increase the ban to 4 games.

It was a red card. Nothing amiss whatsoever.

It's true....RM also gave the Belgian national coach a call and said he doesn't like him, so do me a favour and not pick him either please.

Mirralas will get picked if he performs when given the chance, be a minute or two you still haven't apply yourself as a professional.

If he isn't capable of that then he shouldn't be in the team.

It's true....RM also gave the Belgian national coach a call and said he doesn't like him, so do me a favour and not pick him either please.

Mirralas will get picked if he performs when given the chance, be a minute or two you still haven't apply yourself as a professional.

If he isn't capable of that then he shouldn't be in the team.

De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens..... Common sense.

Martinez can get to fuck over Mirallas blatant mistreatment of the player because he was undermined by him last season. There's not even an ounce of truth in him being out of favour because of form it's a lot deeper than that.

So why did he give him a new contract (with a decent pay rise presumably) and why did Kev sign it if there's such a deep mutual mistrust/dislike?

Makes no sense (unless someone can explain it to me).

So why did he give him a new contract (with a decent pay rise presumably) and why did Kev sign it if there's such a deep mutual mistrust/dislike?

mike i've been trying to wrap my head around that one too. only thought i could come up with (don't even really think it's true, but it's something) is that the new contract makes him "happy" for now wage wise and includes a buyout clause which wasn't in the first contract. RM figures he can leave but we've got to be fairly compensated for him.

but that wouldn't make sense with the bad treatment, unless he's hoping for the Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco links to re-surface. 15m was in those links so maybe that's the new contract buyout clause?

this is why i said somethings amiss. either he's out of form/shape, injured, not willing to play, RM is mad at him, or something because he's better than an off-Kone/Naisy/Rom/etc on his day. even on his bad days he still gives moments of magic that could create or be a goal.

not a kev fanboy, but he's quality and we need it, just want this situation resolved or more clarity to the above points. if he's lazy/injured/out of form just tell us dammit!

Edited by markjazzbassist

Answered your own question in bold. With the addition of job security. Martinez obviously wants to generate as much cash as he can from his sale. However Mirallas is still one of the better players at the club so will most likely play himself back into the side.

We will be a small time club if we allow players to exert what they think they can do on the team.

Royston Drenthe was ridiculously talented, but a complete and utter liability who had no professional ethics.

Now I'm all for letting things move on. As talented and as important as he can be Kev needs to realise he doesn't make the decisions.

So what we are debating is the fact that Martinez has given him some tough love, and I agree with it. Martinez has taken responsibility for the sending off (he didn't need to).

Let's see Mirallas response after his 3 game ban.

We will be a small time club if we allow players to exert what they think they can do on the team.

Royston Drenthe was ridiculously talented, but a complete and utter liability who had no professional ethics.

Now I'm all for letting things move on. As talented and as important as he can be Kev needs to realise he doesn't make the decisions.

So what we are debating is the fact that Martinez has given him some tough love, and I agree with it. Martinez has taken responsibility for the sending off (he didn't need to).

Let's see Mirallas response after his 3 game ban.

This 100%.

The problem with kev is he thought he was better than everton he thought teams would scramble to sign him.

But as it was I don't think anyone came in for him so was left in limbo.

he needs to get his head together and apply himself better when he's good he's very good but it's not often enough.

Exactly.

Martinez can take some heat for not playing him, but it's up to Mirallas to prove himself each time he steps on that field.