IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Mirallas is good, but not as good as he thinks.

He has lots of ability but is inconsistent. And no way a top 4 club comes knocking with £15m, IMO. I feel he is not playing unfairly, true, but I felt the same with Deulofeu and Deulo has played his way into the team. Can you say the same about Mirallas? Keep in mind that Kone is playing very well, Naismith made a hattrick against Chelsea and Deulofeu has been playing well lately.

He is still above McGeady in the pecking order -thank God-.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Mirallas but its quite obvious Roberto isn't going to give him a sniff so I hope we sell in January whilst he can still command a decent fee

i agree. i don't know what the F happened but leaving a game changing player on the bench is just plain stupid. He would have been better starting than lennon or naisy today. I really hope he can get some time for us.

Command a higher fee, if anything?

But surely any team looking in would see a bargain on the basis he's fallen out with management.

Weird treatment now. Something(s) must have been said.

How would putting him on the bench increase his fee? Potential buyers impressed by his posture?

Makes no sense whatsoever to lie to keep him.

"Have shitloads of dosh Kev but actually we don't fancy you so won't get a game. We're just feeling charitable."

How would putting him on the bench increase his fee? Potential buyers impressed by his posture?

Makes no sense whatsoever to lie to keep him.

"Have shitloads of dosh Kev but actually we don't fancy you so won't get a game. We're just feeling charitable."

Had the same conversation with someone at the game today. They were saying we got him tied down to a longer deal so we could get a higher fee for him. I pointed out that if that was our plan we should be playing him as much as possible to put him in the shop window.

The way things are right now it'd have been better to keep him on the lower wages and lose him for nothing in the summer.

The whole thing is just plain weird.

Mirallas being unused on Saturday sums up why I would have entertained selling Naismith in the summer. Once again I will give a lot of credit to Naismith, he's important... but he's a square peg at left wing. Mirallas needs to get some game time now. For all the good Naismith does, as previously said, he'll be misused and put in ineffectual performances like yesterday more often. It's not his fault but he continues to be played out of position.

agreed, i'd sell naisy in jan or this summer if there's another big offer lik the 8m bandied about. he's a 9 for me, not a winger.

with the quality mirallas has we really need him, i think RM needs to grow up and let bygones be bygones and play him.