IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

It's a pointless argument.

To say he's not good enough in the role because "x" player made a run to provide space, or because another player set him up. He's played as the loan striker 3 or 4 times on recollection he scored a hatrick (albeit a lower league side), he scored against Arsenal last season in that role Arsenal this season in the role and Chelsea. He's scoring goals from that position - he's good enough.

It's a pointless argument.

To say he's not good enough in the role because "x" player made a run to provide space, or because another player set him up. He's played as the loan striker 3 or 4 times on recollection he scored a hatrick (albeit a lower league side), he scored against Arsenal last season in that role Arsenal this season in the role and Chelsea. He's scoring goals from that position - he's good enough.

He didn't play in that role against Chelsea. And in both Arsenal games, he may have been the most central player, but in both games we set out to exploit Lukaku's pace and physicality and he profited of those. He can do a good job of coming into the ball and laying it off and stuff, but he just doesn't have the pace to stretch the defense vertically.

He didn't play in that role against Chelsea. And in both Arsenal games, he may have been the most central player, but in both games we set out to exploit Lukaku's pace and physicality and he profited of those. He can do a good job of coming into the ball and laying it off and stuff, but he just doesn't have the pace to stretch the defense vertically.

Try and twist it how you like mate. He was CF in all games we mentioned... A false 9 whatever you want to call it. He led the line

Try and twist it how you like mate. He was CF in all games we mentioned... A false 9 whatever you want to call it. He led the line

He literally wasn't, mate. He played in behind Lukaku against Chelsea, where Mirallas played on the left and McGeady played on the right. And in both Arsenal games, Lukaku played as high up the pitch or higher as he did.

He literally wasn't, mate. He played in behind Lukaku against Chelsea, where Mirallas played on the left and McGeady played on the right. And in both Arsenal games, Lukaku played as high up the pitch or higher as he did.

Ok I'll give you Chelsea. Both Arsenal games definitely a CF/false9, Also his hatrick he led the line.

Ok I'll give you Chelsea. Both Arsenal games definitely a CF/false9, Also his hatrick he led the line.

Yeh he was more central against Arsenal in that deeper role but again we use him that way to exploit Arsenal's weaknesses with Lukaku who played higher up the pitch.

The hattrick was in the cup wasnt it?

Its also worth noting that most of the time Naismith played up front last season it was alongside Mirallas whilst Lukaku was injured.

Either way, you have completely missed my point. Naismith is best exploiting the spaces vacated by others. If you want him to be your spear head he wont be as good. He will do a definitely do a job, but if you want the best out of Naismith he needs players to link up with and someone to draw the defenders off him.

Yeh he was more central against Arsenal in that deeper role but again we use him that way to exploit Arsenal's weaknesses with Lukaku who played higher up the pitch.

The hattrick was in the cup wasnt it?

Its also worth noting that most of the time Naismith played up front last season it was alongside Mirallas whilst Lukaku was injured.

Either way, you have completely missed my point. Naismith is best exploiting the spaces vacated by others. If you want him to be your spear head he wont be as good. He will do a definitely do a job, but if you want the best out of Naismith he needs players to link up with and someone to draw the defenders off him.

I don't get the point though. Naismith will never be a target man like Lukaku. But in a central role leading the attack he's proved time and time again he can play that role well and score goals...

I don't get the point though. Naismith will never be a target man like Lukaku. But in a central role leading the attack he's proved time and time again he can play that role well and score goals...

Ironically Naismith is better in the air than Rom from goal kicks, holds up the ball better. Lukaku has the size to be an effective target man but lacks the leap/timing at the moment and the touch.

He may get there, a bit of Dunc tuition.

• 2 weeks later...

Pick one

The one where I stated that Naismith is better in the air in terms of leap and timing than Rom and has a better touch/hold up play and work rate.

At this moment I'm yet to be disproved, Eto gave a 5ft 10 10 stone lesson the other night as to how to play with back to goal and play others in.

You don't need to be 6ft 4 and near 15 stone to be a good hold up player, it helps you to be a better one when you have mastered the fundamental skills, touch and body position etc.

As I've said, if Lukaku can't improve with in this area with the likes of dunc and eto on the training pitch then he never will.

Back on topic I like the look of mirallas and eto playing off each other.

The one where I stated that Naismith is better in the air in terms of leap and timing than Rom and has a better touch/hold up play and work rate.

At this moment I'm yet to be disproved, Eto gave a 5ft 10 10 stone lesson the other night as to how to play with back to goal and play others in.

You don't need to be 6ft 4 and near 15 stone to be a good hold up player, it helps you to be a better one when you have mastered the fundamental skills, touch and body position etc.

As I've said, if Lukaku can't improve with in this area with the likes of dunc and eto on the training pitch then he never will.

Back on topic I like the look of mirallas and eto playing off each other.

No getting away that et'o was impressive. You skim over issues just enough to back your claim. What about that et'o was helped with the defenders already being run ragged for 70 minutes before he was introduced, meaning this helped the bloke. I'll go back to lukaku against America again. Comes on in extra time and runs the defense everywhere and scores instantly. Got anymore haf?

No getting away that et'o was impressive. You skim over issues just enough to back your claim. What about that et'o was helped with the defenders already being run ragged for 70 minutes before he was introduced, meaning this helped the bloke. I'll go back to lukaku against America again. Comes on in extra time and runs the defense everywhere and scores instantly. Got anymore haf?

FFS, stop making sense! I need a shower after agreeing with you so often :P

Eto'o is the better footballer. I.e ball at his feet, back to goal, combination football, sees the best pass. Etc etc.

I'd imagine Eto'o probably has max 70mins in him when he's fully fit. Similar to Pienaar. But he definitely looks a better option to Lukaku ATM.

However It's hard to compare them. Totally different players.

I too agree with Haf Eto'o and Mirallas seem to bounce of each other.

Yeah I see the similarities.... Lukaku came on when the U.S defenders Had chased origi and co around for 94 mins in 80 degree temperature at stifling humidity.

On the other hand Eto came on after 70 minutes in comfortable 55 degree low humidity.

Listen I'm not arsed!!! Have we signed a £28m Dirk kuyt - there to exhaust defenders so we can bring a 33 year old on to do the technical stuff? Or have we paid £28m to see a young lad become a great player?

I say the latter, he has clear shortcomings so please quit this bollocks in suggesting he has every opposition player hanging on to his shorts allowing the others to do what they want in games where he offers very little.

We've made a huge outlay on him, I have seen moments of quality and I have seen moments of "how are you a professional footballer with a rotten touch like that". At this moment it just does not add up. I get the feeling he is going to be an enigmatic player as having a touch, pass, move game just is not in his DNA. He scores goals and has explosive moments of brilliance.... I want more from his all round game, frankly it's shite and needs to get much better.

Guest blueboy122

Yeah I see the similarities.... Lukaku came on when the U.S defenders Had chased origi and co around for 94 mins in 80 degree temperature at stifling humidity.

On the other hand Eto came on after 70 minutes in comfortable 55 degree low humidity.

Listen I'm not arsed!!! Have we signed a £28m Dirk kuyt - there to exhaust defenders so we can bring a 33 year old on to do the technical stuff? Or have we paid £28m to see a young lad become a great player?

I say the latter, he has clear shortcomings so please quit this bollocks in suggesting he has every opposition player hanging on to his shorts allowing the others to do what they want in games where he offers very little.

We've made a huge outlay on him, I have seen moments of quality and I have seen moments of "how are you a professional footballer with a rotten touch like that". At this moment it just does not add up. I get the feeling he is going to be an enigmatic player as having a touch, pass, move game just is not in his DNA. He scores goals and has explosive moments of brilliance.... I want more from his all round game, frankly it's shite and needs to get much better.

Spot on

I don't know how many times you need to state the obvious with Lukaku until other fans understand. It states me in the face every time I watch him play it's glaringly obvious to me he's so far away from being where we need him to be.

Love that effort to justify a shite performance... Wore the opposition down... Hmmm.

Lukaku is easy to play against end of story.