IGNORED

Howard Kendall

Quality this..

Remembering Howard Kendall

195e18cd-ad37-41f5-a0c5-1a48c5299fea.jpg

Gary Lineker

MOTD presenter & ex-Everton striker

Posted at19:20

"Howard signed me form Leicester, and we had to go to an arbitration hearing to determine the price of the transfer. I remember him giving evidence saying they were taking a bit of a punt on me, that I wasn’t going to play, while Leicester were saying the opposite.

"In the end I think the fee decided was a bit higher than Everton had said they wanted to pay, and I remember sitting there thinking I’m signing for this fella? This is the end of the world!

"Of course as soon as we got out he put his arm round me and said of course you’re going to be playing every week, and he popped into a supermarket and came out with three bottles of wine. We drunk them on the train back to Liverpool.

"He deserves legendary status at Everton, that’s certain. For his achievements, his likeability, his personality and his charisma. He was a wonderful leader."

This is a great story!

69 is no age in this day and age, such a shame. Feel for his family.

As with Alan Balls passing, the United fans gave a good account in joining in with the rest of us. Nice touch by Rooney in his post match interview too.

A true legend at our club, one that cant ever be up for debate im sure.

Should we ever end up at a new ground, a stand needs his name on it. If not, then one at GP does.

Only just caught up with the videos from the cathedral. Some lovely stuff; Royle and Stuart (understandably) very nervous but spoke well. Reidy, fuelled by a generous dose of Dutch courage, was brilliant, as was Bill.

Hairs on the back of the neck stuff many times. Still very sad, Colin Harvey's face in the crowd at the United game is haunting me.

• 11 months later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/10/25/kendall-tributes-at-west-ham-game

Tbh, these minute's applause during games have lost all meaning for me now, and the fact they're asking for it to be done on numerous occasions during this game just dilutes it even further.

I'll do the first one but I won't be joining in for the others throughout the game.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/10/25/kendall-tributes-at-west-ham-game

Tbh, these minute's applause during games have lost all meaning for me now, and the fact they're asking for it to be done on numerous occasions during this game just dilutes it even further.

I'll do the first one but I won't be joining in for the others throughout the game.

I don't think they've lost all meaning but I agree with the rest of that. Overkill.

• 1 year later...