IGNORED

Leighton Baines

If Distin plays ahead of a natural LB I'll go ape shit.

I have a vague memory of Distin at LB a couple of matches last season, or maybe 2012-13. No memory of how he performed, though I gather your memory on that point is distinct.

I've heard little about Oviedo's progress, so maybe Garbutt is best bet.

Bad news is that it's "a fortnight at most," which may be roughly translated as "a fortnight at least."

I have a vague memory of Distin at LB a couple of matches last season, or maybe 2012-13. No memory of how he performed, though I gather your memory on that point is distinct.

I've heard little about Oviedo's progress, so maybe Garbutt is best bet.

Bad news is that it's "a fortnight at most," which may be roughly translated as "a fortnight at least."

No doubt Distin can play there if need be, but he's not a LB so if we have a fit natural LB (no matter his age) then he should play there.

It seems this year that every time we get a key player nearing fitness we lose another one.

Barkley first game of the season, he gets into full training we lose Mirallas, he's now nearing fittness we lose Baines plus Stones in the middle of it all.

I've been really looking forward to seeing our full squad and best possible team out and playing together for an extended run.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He'll be playing in 2 (I think) friendlies during the break, so he should be.

Just to be clear, "friendlies" doesn't refer to England's friendlies with Spain and France, right? Baines hasn't yet been recalled into the national team.

As a point of info (for me), do EPL teams routinely play informal, closed-door friendlies during international breaks? If yes, against other EPL clubs?

Just to be clear, "friendlies" doesn't refer to England's friendlies with Spain and France, right? Baines hasn't yet been recalled into the national team.

As a point of info (for me), do EPL teams routinely play informal, closed-door friendlies during international breaks? If yes, against other EPL clubs?

No and no. We've arranged them especially so that Baines can get his match sharpness and match fitness up.