IGNORED

Zaha

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

What I meant is there is no way we are spending £50-60 mill on him 

Probably right tbh but I'd like to imagine the plan is to massively reduce our numbers and then bring in a few far more quality players which you have to shell out for these days 

I think we'll probably dip our toes in the foreign market on lesser known player's imo 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

For the money we’d have to pay, how big an improvement is he on Lookman? Or Vlasic? I’d rather develop those two. 

Currently better than both but Lookman definitely has the potential to rival him 

Vlasic isn'tt a wide man regardless of what Wiki says he's a right sides attacking mid whereas Zaha is more of a winger/forward 

Having options and quality is what I mentioned before fuck Yannick off and have those three along with Walcott vying for position's 

3 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Currently better than both but Lookman definitely has the potential to rival him 

Vlasic isn'ttt a wide man regardless of what Wiki says he's a right sides attacking mid whereas Zaha is more of a winger/forward 

Having options and quality is what I mentioned before fuck Yannick off and have those three along with Walcott vying for position's 

I’ve only seen MOTD moments from him, similar to Bolasie before we signed him. That said, he’s still young (i think) and I know the lad has talent but...  he’d cost a fortune and I really am not sure if he’d be worth the cost. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve only seen MOTD moments from him, similar to Bolasie before we signed him. That said, he’s still young (i think) and I know the lad has talent but...  he’d cost a fortune and I really am not sure if he’d be worth the cost. 

Definitely better than Bolasie and can change games. Bolasie has never had much output and just loves the roll the ball under his foot a hundred times before losing it. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

For the money we’d have to pay, how big an improvement is he on Lookman? Or Vlasic? I’d rather develop those two. 

Massive improvement on both, and even Walcott IMO. I like the two players you mention but Zaha was one of the main reasons Palace stayed up. He is a CL level player now in my eyes based on last season. The test for him will be backing it up but I didnt think there was any reason to suggest he wouldnt.

36 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Definitely better than Bolasie and can change games. Bolasie has never had much output and just loves the roll the ball under his foot a hundred times before losing it. 

Oh I know he’s better than Bolasie, not too difficult, but I meant more that I’ve only really see him have highlight moments in a game and then disappear. Not that I’ve paid much attention in the last couple of years, but can only go on what I’ve seen

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Massive improvement on both, and even Walcott IMO. I like the two players you mention but Zaha was one of the main reasons Palace stayed up. He is a CL level player now in my eyes based on last season. The test for him will be backing it up but I didnt think there was any reason to suggest he wouldnt.

Is that not just a case of big fish little pond? Looking better than he actually is because the rest of the team was poor?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Is that not just a case of big fish little pond? Looking better than he actually is because the rest of the team was poor?

Not for me. I was surprised at how good he was, specifically his decision making, which is something that I didnt normally expect from him. 

Dont get me wrong I am not keen on the prices mentioned and we need to get hold of these players before they show their hand so to speak but I really like him and I expect him to shine wherever he goes (or stays).

Allegedly this was the response to our initial approach for Zaha:

He said: "My understanding was when the initial and informal contact was made between Crystal Palace and Everton regarding Zaha and the Everton representative suggested they would be willing to pay £35m plus add-ons, the response was ‘you paid £50m for Gylfi Sigurdsson, do you think we’re stupid!’

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/988722/Chelsea-transfer-news-Wilfried-Zaha

I think that may be the response from a few clubs this summer!

On 13/07/2018 at 07:51, Bailey said:

Not for me. I was surprised at how good he was, specifically his decision making, which is something that I didnt normally expect from him. 

Dont get me wrong I am not keen on the prices mentioned and we need to get hold of these players before they show their hand so to speak but I really like him and I expect him to shine wherever he goes (or stays).

I agree was class last season. He moans to the referee like an twat though. 

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Talk of part exchange, with cash and Bolassie going the other way.

My mates dogs parrot’s  girlfriend works in a bar and she served a pissed bloke with a Dutch accent who said he worked at Finch Farm and he told her our opening bid was £100m plus Bolasie but they rejected it instantly

Apparently we’ve now gone back in with an improved offer of £50m and they are considering it

This would be an awesome signing, and we have enough players to offer in exchange.

I'm also thinking Spurs are more likely. However, I just wonder if they will pay what is required? In both transfer fees and salary. They're not keen on splashing money.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Didn’t he say he wants to stay down south?

i find that bit just hilarious.  you have guys leaving spain, italy, france, germany and even south america and africa all with better climates to come play in the premier league for money and prestige, yet the locals can't move a  3 hour drive north because it's too cold.  what a joke.

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i find that bit just hilarious.  you have guys leaving spain, italy, france, germany and even south america and africa all with better climates to come play in the premier league for money and prestige, yet the locals can't move a  3 hour drive north because it's too cold.  what a joke.

I doubt it's the climate in Zaha's case. He might like the life in London. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

and again it's 3 hours drive, probably shorter on the train.  that's very close.  some people in san francisco have a 2 hour commute each way.  

Still it's 6 hours of your day spent on the road. People in US are used to travel couple of hundred miles a day to work an back home, but in Europe it's not that common. People here are used to spent that 3 hours after work at the pub on the way home.

Culture though mate.

To is a two hour drive each way following an eight hour day is a real strain. We’re used to being an hour away from the coast anywhere in the country. Not making an excuse for him as the wages should easily outweigh the travel, but it is something we grow up with.

for you guys, your neighbours are half hour away haha!