IGNORED

Michy Batshuayi

I actually think we'll buy him but he'll stay at Liege until the summer on-loan with Traore coming to us.

That'd be a nice idea. Good thinking

Nonetheless I think he's a decent player, not ground-breaking though. I'd like the deal more because he's Belgian rather than that it'd be great for EFC.

I saw an article last week saying we would buy him and then loan him to Standard Liege's rivals Anderlecht.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2539131/Everton-look-Belgium-starlet-Batshuayi-Martinez-tees-Lukaku-replacement.html

So wrong on two fronts

1) We would buy him and loan him out again when we need a striker in ASAP

2) They would sell him to us knowing we would loan him straight back to their nearest rival in the Belgian league.

Wish I was a journo, make up some shit and go to the pub for the rest of the day.

As a casual Club Brugge supporter I'd like to seriously contest this statement. But Anderlecht do have a megalomania that's suffocating the Belgian league.

C1982 has btw just effectively answered both your concerns.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If that were true then why would players have agents?

To be honest, Ive never understood why agents exist. But, point is, if he has no agent, the club dont have to pay the agent fees, meaning more money available for the player.

Don't think this actually has anything to do with Batshuayi wanting more money.

Back in January there were a lot of rumours about Henrotay (and Batshuayi's parents) pushing for a move to a team in England that would then loan him back to Belgium to Standard's rival Anderlecht. Obviously he did this behind Standard's back, so they threatened to issue a complaint with FIFA against him. The transfer window passed and nothing really appeared in the media about it anymore, until now. Apparently Batshuayi had sued to have his contract with Henrotay voided and the judge agreed with him. Apparently Henrotay wanted to move him as soon as possible as he only had a one year deal to be Batshuayi's agent and Batshuayi suffered because of all the rumours. Now he's represented by José Medina, an agent who is really close with Standard's chairman rather than with clubs in England.

Sources in French.

Remy and this kid or Welbeck or one big pay out on Lukaku?

I've been pondering that one too. If Lukaku is priced out of our (reasonable) reach, then I do like the thought of adding a striker in his prime and one who looks highly promising. Adding them to Kone and potentially Traore would give us a range of options up front and make sure we're strong and fresh on all fronts next season.

Skysports - Transfer centre

"Swansea City are back in for Standard Liege star Michy Batshuayi, according to reports in his native Belgium. The South Wales Evening Post writes that it could now be down to the player to decide if he wants to join Garry Monk’s side, having reportedly been the subject of a failed £2.5million bid last season."

His attitude in the last couple of months has me worrying again. Seems like he still hasn't got it all figured out mentally. Being a pro takes effort and he's showing little of that lately. Everyone likes to win, but not everyone hates to lose and his body language on the pitch has me thinking he might not belong in the second category.

Guest blueboy122

He's waiting for Arsenal apparantly. Rules us out.

Personally, I think he needs a move before Arsenal anyway

Definitely doesn't rule us out am sure he would jump at the chance to join us but Arsenal maybe his dream move.