Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Michy Batshuayi

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think he is too disimilar to Lukaku when he first came to us. More of a powerful athlete than a technically gifted footballer but he scores goals and he has a presence about him. 

At that price, or anywhere near it, its a no brainer.

Compare his quoted price to what we paid for Niasse... it's definitely a no-brainer in today's market. 

12 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Honestly think he's better than what we have now at striker, not that that says much. 

Agreed, but by no means is signing him now on a permanent deal the best option we have.

No for me. He's undoubtedly talented but what we need right now is reliable, 7/10 every week footballers. He is the absolute epitome of hot and cold, even for a striker. 

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s a sniffer. Comes alive in the eighteen yard box. Big wages I would imagine so going off what marcel says I doubt it. I’d have him over niasse and Cenk all day

What does Marcel say?

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He wants players on affordable wages and lesser known from what he said at the AGM 

You got a direct quote? Not being a dick just didn’t notice that bit myself. I know he’s working on lowering the wage bill but not heard much else. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Sorry it was Moroshi that said it not marcel. Said that was what marcel was there for to identify the potential superstars are 

And I get the point behind that, but if anyone thinks he won’t go out and buy a player who is ready for the team now I’d think that was naive. We only have to look at Sigurdsson, I know that was before Marcel, but they’ll still take players like that if they are available. 

we have all the power in this move.  the player wants to go to Monaco, chelsea don't want to loan him again, they want to sell him.  We can't loan him we have to buy since we have Zouma.  We can low ball them to get him since they are desperate to sell.  They paid 33m for him, let's see what Brands can do.  He's still young.

49 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we have all the power in this move.  the player wants to go to Monaco, chelsea don't want to loan him again, they want to sell him.  We can't loan him we have to buy since we have Zouma.  We can low ball them to get him since they are desperate to sell.  They paid 33m for him, let's see what Brands can do.  He's still young.

I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to come here. 

Not sure if this is genuine.

Everton will reportedly launch a £40m bid for Chelsea forward Michy Batshuayi next week.

Batshuayi spent the first half of the 2018-19 campaign on loan at Valencia, but managed just one La Liga goal for the former Spanish champions and has been sent back to Stamford Bridge.

The 25-year-old is seemingly not in plans of Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri.

We'd be silly to pay £40m for a player no one else wants, except on loan.  Half would be pushing it.

plus... he's been bang average in Spain, and only had 1/0.5 good year in Germany.  He did manage to score a few off the bench for Chelsea, but still way too pricey at 40m.

Teams must look at what we've spent the last two years and think we're there to take the piss out of. How can Chelsea be asking more than they paid for a player two and a half years ago who has done the square root of fuck all since? 

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can we not sign Zouma for the supposed £35m and try this guy as the loan instead? I'd be much happier with that

It’s been muted that Zouma doesn’t plan on or want to be here long term, he believes that he should be playing for a club that’s in the CL  

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s been muted that Zouma doesn’t plan on or want to be here long term, he believes that he should be playing for a club that’s in the CL  

i've heard that before.

Meanwhile, Jamie Redknapp reckons we should make a loan bid for him....

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

i've heard that before.

Meanwhile, Jamie Redknapp reckons we should make a loan bid for him....

If we could buy Zouma we definitely need to, your right get Batshuayi on loan we need a striker, and it looks like Gana is staying so there is no urgency to find a replacement, but my personal opinion is we do nothing on the buying front until the summer. 

It doesn’t feel right at the moment with were we are at the moment as a club to bring more players in, by that I mean lots could change in the next 3 months with the players and management going, let’s get to the end of this season and see where we are then. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Saw that but they would prefer a sale than a loan, what do you do ?  

IMO we may as well wait until the summer. Signing Bat~ on a transfer  is a big risk. We have nothing to play for. Re-group and see what targets we have avaliable in the summer rather than panic buying. Cenk, DCL and Richy will have to do the job for now.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

IMO we may as well wait until the summer. Signing Bat~ on a transfer  is a big risk. We have nothing to play for. Re-group and see what targets we have avaliable in the summer rather than panic buying. Cenk, DCL and Richy will have to do the job for now.

Agreed this season is almost done we still have 7rh to play for but is it worth spending just for that. 

7:36

EVERTON RULE OUT BATSHUAYI

Sky sources understand Everton have no intention of signing Michy Batshuayi fromChelsea, and will not be making any bids.

According to Sky Sports he's asking for £160,000 a week which is putting a lot of people off including Betis and West Ham. I'm glad that we're not in for him, I didn't want him to start with as he's shite and don't want him even more now that he's just another mercenary after big wages. Our biggest problem is that we don't have anyone in the squad of the "Everton mould". No Tim Howard, no Tim Cahill, no Duncan Ferguson so I'm happy for us to swerve this. Play DCL, Tosun or Charlie until summer and then actually scout someone that wants to be at the club and has the capability of putting the ball in the back of the net. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Can we not sign Zouma for the supposed £35m and try this guy as the loan instead? I'd be much happier with that

Zouma said at the start of the season that he sees his future at Chelsea and to be honest can't see how he can look at our performances this season and think that this is the place for him - no way he signs permanently.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

7:36

EVERTON RULE OUT BATSHUAYI

Sky sources understand Everton have no intention of signing Michy Batshuayi fromChelsea, and will not be making any bids.

Pleased with that. 

23 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

According to Sky Sports he's asking for £160,000 a week which is putting a lot of people off including Betis and West Ham. I'm glad that we're not in for him, I didn't want him to start with as he's shite and don't want him even more now that he's just another mercenary after big wages. Our biggest problem is that we don't have anyone in the squad of the "Everton mould". No Tim Howard, no Tim Cahill, no Duncan Ferguson so I'm happy for us to swerve this. Play DCL, Tosun or Charlie until summer and then actually scout someone that wants to be at the club and has the capability of putting the ball in the back of the net. 

Zouma said at the start of the season that he sees his future at Chelsea and to be honest can't see how he can look at our performances this season and think that this is the place for him - no way he signs permanently.

Absurd wage demand if true.  He's a nobody right now.  Might be worth 30-40