IGNORED

Michy Batshuayi

I hope football commentators in the EPL are more litterate than the English Sky Sports reporter who commentates the Belgian league games. He pronounces it "batsoowahee" instead of "batshoowayee" but that's the same guy who pronounces Ryan as "ree-ahn" for some reason, even though he's an Australian GK.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd be a bit gutted to see him go to Marseille, not that YouTube is a great avenue for evaluating a player but at the release clause I think he'd be worth a punt on. If it's a case of him and another but Lukaku at 20M I'd rather we spent the money on a couple of players with potential.

Guest blueboy122

I'd be a bit gutted to see him go to Marseille, not that YouTube is a great avenue for evaluating a player but at the release clause I think he'd be worth a punt on. If it's a case of him and another but Lukaku at 20M I'd rather we spent the money on a couple of players with potential.

Agree he does look to have something about him and he was at an affordable price for us.

The emergence of Origi at this world cup should be a lesson to anyone wanting to put all their eggs in the Lukaku basket. Origi was taken ahead of Batshuayi to this world cup and clearly deserved to be taken, not only that, his inclusion and subsequent replacement of the static and surly Lukaku has seen him grasp two wins for the Belgians.

I seen enough in those two games to conclude that this lad is going to be a top forward/striker. Foir me when I see Rom I see a player who will frustrate and amaze a team who buys him. His inconsistency is all down to his erratic touch and footballing ability.

When he is "on" he is confident, he wants the ball, he feels good - he doesn't fear the ball, he shows for his team mates. When he is off, he gets down, he fears the ball, he doesn't want it, he doesn't make runs, - you just can't have that. It is as simple as that, when Lukaku is on form he is a £40m player, when he isn't on form he should not be near a football pitch - that is the issue, the difference in his good games and poor games is too great.

The emergence of Origi at this world cup should be a lesson to anyone wanting to put all their eggs in the Lukaku basket. Origi was taken ahead of Batshuayi to this world cup and clearly deserved to be taken, not only that, his inclusion and subsequent replacement of the static and surly Lukaku has seen him grasp two wins for the Belgians.

I seen enough in those two games to conclude that this lad is going to be a top forward/striker. Foir me when I see Rom I see a player who will frustrate and amaze a team who buys him. His inconsistency is all down to his erratic touch and footballing ability.

When he is "on" he is confident, he wants the ball, he feels good - he doesn't fear the ball, he shows for his team mates. When he is off, he gets down, he fears the ball, he doesn't want it, he doesn't make runs, - you just can't have that. It is as simple as that, when Lukaku is on form he is a £40m player, when he isn't on form he should not be near a football pitch - that is the issue, the difference in his good games and poor games is too great.

a decision of a player based of 2 x 30 minutes appearances in a World Cup against tired defences is enough to give you a better opinion over a successful youngster with 5 years of proven performances in league and international football?

a decision of a player based of 2 x 30 minutes appearances in a World Cup against tired defences is enough to give you a better opinion over a successful youngster with 5 years of proven performances in league and international football?

Yes, I seen Rooney and it took 10 minutes to realise he was special, the same with Barkley, the same when I seen Suarez, Shearer.

He is a "footballer" - with tremendous athleticism. You don't need numerous games to see what a player has in their locker. He will be a very good footballer, absolutely no question at all.

Yes, I seen Rooney and it took 10 minutes to realise he was special, the same with Barkley, the same when I seen Suarez, Shearer.

He is a "footballer" - with tremendous athleticism. You don't need numerous games to see what a player has in their locker. He will be a very good footballer, absolutely no question at all.

you need more than 60mins against tired defences... 1 goal in 21 apperances in Ligue one doesn't exactly fill me with awe, though I confess I have no idea how many of those appearances are last minute subs.

From what I saw, he has potential, there is no doubt. Insane acceleration, a cool head, a couple of good finishes. Went missing a bit too for the short time he was on the pitch.

The sign of a very good footballer for me is someone who is consistently very good. Its too early to say he will be, and too early to say he wont be, but we can say he certainly is very good potential. Just remember, Michael Branch looked really exciting too when he burst on to the scene. Jose Baxter was apparently highly regarded by his teammates. Im sure there are a multitude of other examples. Unless you consistently perform and fulfill your potential week in, week out, season after season, you're not considered a very good footballer in my eyes.

you need more than 60mins against tired defences... 1 goal in 21 apperances in Ligue one doesn't exactly fill me with awe, though I confess I have no idea how many of those appearances are last minute subs.

From what I saw, he has potential, there is no doubt. Insane acceleration, a cool head, a couple of good finishes. Went missing a bit too for the short time he was on the pitch.

The sign of a very good footballer for me is someone who is consistently very good. Its too early to say he will be, and too early to say he wont be, but we can say he certainly is very good potential. Just remember, Michael Branch looked really exciting too when he burst on to the scene. Jose Baxter was apparently highly regarded by his teammates. Im sure there are a multitude of other examples. Unless you consistently perform and fulfill your potential week in, week out, season after season, you're not considered a very good footballer in my eyes.

Origi scored 5 goals in 30 games for Lille this season, in 1286 minutes. It's only in like the last 15 games that he got a starting spot and that is on the left wing, not as a centre forward.

Batshuayi is going to have to grow up fast if he's going to play for discipline-crazed Marcelo Bielsa btw.

Origi scored 5 goals in 30 games for Lille this season, in 1286 minutes. It's only in like the last 15 games that he got a starting spot and that is on the left wing, not as a centre forward.

Batshuayi is going to have to grow up fast if he's going to play for discipline-crazed Marcelo Bielsa btw.

my bad, shouldve trusted more than just wiki :I surrender:

http://www.ligue1.com/joueur/origi-divock#bloc_buts&sai=82&com=D1&jou=66493

Guest blueboy122

why is it strange the lad look very good apparently one of the Belgium players said he's been awesome in training.

He's had two good games his league record isn't exactly prolific although he may have potential. They already have numerous options upfront and have just signed a striker when its there defence that needs sorting.. Need I go on?

Guest blueboy122

i don't know what there numerous options are they only have sturridge Suarez might be off/suspended ?

Suarez, Sturridge, Lambert, Aspas, Borini think they are hopeful over some kids coming through as well Ibe is it?

• 1 year later...