IGNORED

Redirection to URL4Short.info

Dalziel Kane

There's this page that appears when you go to view the TT pages - Url short info.com or something (Wireless routers)

This has been in existence for a good few weeks now. Not really a problem, but a minor irritation.

Anything to worry about, or just harmless spam garbage ? And why attach it to this forum ? May have seen something like this before but cant recall where or when.

any other participants experienced this issue ?

I removed the offending code a few days ago which redirects people away from ToffeeTalk if they visited using a google search link.

I think I've fixed it and it should only be in Google's cache (which will be updated in a few days).

If it returns, let me know.

Not all up on computer technologies (a slight embarrassment having worked with them for over 30 years but so advanced today from what once found) but you may be using Firefox, Safari or Chrome which doesn't feature it, although believe still experienced the problem with the latter recently. Usual Windows explorer will bring it up invariably, as actually witnessed earlier today, but since it was brought to proper attention didn't have the usual problems this visit. Will alert once more if this irritation should become evident once again. Surprised so many more didn't come forward to highlight this obstacle.

I didn't imagine what I encountered and only to say it occured again this night after merely going to the main page, but have also been directed by way of general team discussion and the miscellaneous index.

Calling it a night, but for those in the dark, here is basically what others have experienced - from "pigeon watch" of all things..

Hope this problem can be eradicated sometime soon.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/232330-trojan-spyware-on-pigeonwatch/page-2

No I believe it was Bing that time, but the problem has been evident on both. Accessed the site from another browser today and got in without any hassle, but as before, it's only a minor irritation, and seems no virus threat - all malware and other defenses up to date and working, scans free of any potential threats etc. If it occurs again, it only takes a second or two to get round it, but just thought it relevant. Never experienced anything like it up until recent.

That's the goddamn issue that was just encountered a few moments ago.

I can't highlight this anymore. If no-one else has experienced this, then with all due respect, they're either lying, or registered blind.

Leaving it to the relevant figures now to find a solution as can only bring to attention this problem that has continued to arise. I try to keep calm and remain free fom irritation, but this fucking wireless router spam garbage, or whatever it represents, has been a damn nuisance and still can't detach itself from the site on entry. Going to leave this now, but here is the immediate problem that has been frequently evident just recently.

http://url4short.info/5fcd09e6

It should be fixed now. :)

It did work for a time but lo and behold it appeared again just a few moments ago on entry. Getting tired of that fucking nonsense now.

Regarding Johnh, all you need do, is click on the 'back' (top left corner) button and it directs you to the TT pages. Yes it's a simple procedure, but irritating nonetheless.

It did work for a time but lo and behold it appeared again just a few moments ago on entry. Getting tired of that fucking nonsense now.

Regarding Johnh, all you need do, is click on the 'back' (top left corner) button and it directs you to the TT pages. Yes it's a simple procedure, but irritating nonetheless.

When I click on the 'back' arrow it throws me out also.

I've seen this regularly recently as well. Not so much at home (use Google as a search engine but have TT as a favourite so usually go in via that). Main instances have been at work via Firefox then having to type Toffeetalk into Google as don't have bookmarks saved on my work pc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...