IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

gethinO

Might as well start this now since the game's on Tuesday. I am worried about this one and have a few reasons.

1. I consider our best XI to be Howard, Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines, Mirallas, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Barkley, Lukaku. Out of those we only know for sure that 7 are fit, the 4 doubts being Coleman, Jags, Barkley and Pienaar. We've had some good away results this season, most notably Utd and what should have been 3 at Arsenal. Looking at both line ups we had 10 out of the 11 I named starting and Oviedo instead of Baines. We had Deulofeu on the bench as well. Our team on Tuesday will be much weaker and our bench much much worse. The likes of Osman, Naismith and Stones (who are good squad players) will have to start. Yes we played with no fear at Utd and Arsenal but we had a bloody good line up out there. We won't have that on Tuesday.

2. Not that I pay too much attention to them, but Liverpool, apart from Johnson, have pretty much a fully fot squad to choose from. The likes of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Gerrard are certs to be starting. I'm worried they might have too much for us (and that really pains me).

Unfortunately I see this being our third loss. Love to hear thoughts of others on here. Anyone fancy us?

Edited by Geth

i think we can get a draw here. when the big teams play them, they shut down suarez which pretty much kills their momentum. i think the lads will be up to it. we've rested pienaar, distin, lukaku, and howard which should give them some extra legs. here's the lineup i see

Howard

Hibbo/Stones Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Mirallas Pienaar

Lukaku

I think Osman will come off the bench at some point for Pienaar and could see Naismith coming on at some point as well.

I'm confident in this lineup to get a draw.

Eager Beavers, but regardless of how the two teams are doing at any one time, form goes out the proverbial window in a derby fixture such as this.

On the evidence of the season thus far for both teams, no reason why Everton can't grab at least a point out of this. Haven't won at Anfield since 1999 and it's long overdue we eradiated that statistic.

Eager Beavers, but regardless of how the two teams are doing at any one time, form goes out the proverbial window in a derby fixture such as this.

On the evidence of the season thus far for both teams, no reason why Everton can't grab at least a point out of this. Haven't won at Anfield since 1999 and it's long overdue we eradiated that statistic.

That's an oft quoted fallacy imo.....if form went out of the window we'd have a much better record against them in the last couple of decades than we have; there's the odd "against form" result but there's one of them every week in the league.

In fact the last sentence in your post would appear to disprove the first and back up my opinion ;).

I'd go for: Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Mcgeady McCarthy Barry Pienaar

Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs:

Joel

Stones

Osman

Naismith

Heitinga

Gueye

Vellios

This is with Jags and Pienaar fit hopefully. I would start with Hibbert because he's played in derbies before and will do a solid job for us. Thought he was solid tonight considering he hadn't featured all season. Good positionally. Can still do a job.

Isn't Distin Carrying a knock?

I think we'll see this if Distin is fit:

Howard

Stones Jags Distin Baines

Barry McCarthy

Naismith Osman Mirallas

Lukaku

I just think McGeady will offer a bit more going forward should we go behind.

We've got a long injury list and hopefully some players may be back. Pienaar, Deulofeu would great. However we still have a fairly decent side to put out. Bench is short though.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Guest blueboy122

Agree with a previous poster, we just need to stop Suarez and Liverpool can't function, they look very mediocre when he isn't in the game. Suarez is a brilliant talent no doubt but so many teams LFC have played against this year have allowed Suarez to basically not only play but do what he wants.

He's a very good player but not one I don't think we cant handle.

I'm sure lots of us aren't as enthusiastic about 3 points as we would have been with a full squad.

Barkley

Pienaar

Deulofeu

Coleman

Will most likely be out as there hasn't been much said in terms of returning for the game.

Maybe Slight Injuries to Distin, Jagielka aswell.

We seem to be back to the bare bones of the squad and Liverpool are facing a much weakened Everton team. However, we can still put out a side capable of beating them. That couldn't be said in previous seasons.

I just hope there is a couple of surprise additions to the squad come Tuesday. A return from Deulofeu would lift us.

Don't see why we are all negative. We are playing Liverpool and they aren't that good. Big player for us is peanuts who will hopefully stop us hitting long balls like the west brom games he will come short and make space. That and his link up with Bainsey which is crucial as they are poor at the back. Obviously we can't let Suarez run the game and if we contain him we are more than capable of winning. Rumours on twitter that Ross will be back and maybe gerry on the bench! I'm going to be positive 0-2 mirallas and lukaku

Guest blueboy122

Don't see why we are all negative. We are playing Liverpool and they aren't that good. Big player for us is peanuts who will hopefully stop us hitting long balls like the west brom games he will come short and make space. That and his link up with Bainsey which is crucial as they are poor at the back. Obviously we can't let Suarez run the game and if we contain him we are more than capable of winning. Rumours on twitter that Ross will be back and maybe gerry on the bench! I'm going to be positive 0-2 mirallas and lukaku

I would have thought that Ross would have been at least another 2 weeks away..

It just gets bloody worse!

If Moyes was still in charge people would be questioning our training methods due to all of these injuries piling up!

No we would probably be questioning why Barkley is on loan at Tranmere, where is John Stones, why Neville is still playing and why Heitinga is playing in midfield, and probably why are you always looking to defend him...

5/7 of our current inuries happened out on the pitch and barring Deulofeu were impact injuries... nothing to do with training.

No we would probably be questioning why Barkley is on loan at Tranmere, where is John Stones, why Neville is still playing and why Heitinga is playing in midfield, and probably why are you always looking to defend him...

5/7 of our current inuries happened out on the pitch and barring Deulofeu were impact injuries... nothing to do with training.

Haf, dont let logic get in the way of having a pop at the Moyes bashers! You should know better by now!

Come on boys and girls it's Derby day.

We march across the park, let out a battle cry and go to war. We are far better this season than worrying about other teams and go into the derby at Anfield every year with a long injury list.

We need to win this one and we will win this one I'm saying nothing more!

I feel so much better now. Love to read stuff like that.

I'm.actually going to find a few reds I know and have a bet with them.

3.0 lukaku, Mirralas and McCarthy.