IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

gethinO

Well that was not good at all... We didn't play badly for large parts, we just got exposed for some pretty poor decision making and more disappointingly its from players who should know much better.

Liverpool have been clinical and they have done what we couldn't do in the first game.

Pienaar is frustrating the hell out of me but at least when he isnt giving the ball away he has find space to get us moving up the pitch and getting some possession. Baines needs to really step up as well as he has been too quiet.

Mirallas is doing well though and on another day he could have scored at least one by now. We need to get out there, get an early goal and start putting them on the back foot instead of the other way round.

There is a lot of poor performances. I'm looking mainly at Jagielka and Pienaar. The latter has been shocking.

Take him off for Mcgeady.

Stones was at fault for the second - too far up the pitch.

All in all they are ripping our back Four apart. Mainly down the right side. (Stones and Jagielka)

Barkley is not fit.

Fookin awful at the back,

I think its more that we are getting caught on the break (3rd goal aside).

Just looking at the 2nd goal, Barry plays a silly ball into Baines who miscontrols it. I think its harsh to blame Stones for that one, because we were in possession and in a good area before we turned the ball over.

Obvious caveat that I haven't seen a kick of the ball, but I think we need to come out with some change. What we're doing is not working. I know our players are limited, so maybe push Mirallas up top, Barkley out to the wing and Naismith in behind for a while, at least give us the pace to get in behind.

What else can we do from here?

Next time let's just skip the match and lose 3-0 anyway eh lads? Spare us the embarrassment and allow our players to properly recover from their injuries. Oh, and we'll also avoid even more injuries.

I thought we were going to go there and show some bottle for once.

Feels like watching a film where the bad guy wins. Over and over again.

I think its more that we are getting caught on the break (3rd goal aside).

Just looking at the 2nd goal, Barry plays a silly ball into Baines who miscontrols it. I think its harsh to blame Stones for that one, because we were in possession and in a good area before we turned the ball over.

Stones is playing RB not RM. if not all his fault he was definitely a massive contributer to it.

Need to move the ball quicker at the back to midfield, we're allowing them to pressure us and too often we are turning back to Howard.

Pienaar not up for the game, rarely got the final ball to an Everton man.

Move Mirrallas in beside Ross Barkley and McCarthy just behind them, with McGeady out wide. I'd hook Pienaar now.

don't even try and suggest this is the ref's fault man...we've got what we deserve here

Agree 100% we have defended like a pub team. Loads of possession and no penetration.

Mirralas again put best. Defense all over the place. Ross playing well but should shoot early.

I think my initial prediction of 4-2 to them might come true (at least I'm hoping now).

We come out, dominate and pull 2 back, before they get us on the break in the last minute. If we show desire and dominate but still lose, that's something to take out of the game. Of course I want a win.

Ossie on for Pienaar

Defending way too high. We don't have enough pace to do that. They'll pick us off all night if we continue. Anyone would. Piss poor.

This. Piss poor tactics.

We are are without our quickest defender in Distin and we keep getting caught out because our 2 CB's are on the fucking half way line. Joke.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

And you can fuck off Matt aswell....right then Roberto what now.... Like he's asked them to defend like that you little whopper.

deep breaths, 45mins to play

Edit, plus it's the managers job to change something, or is that too complex for you?

Edited by Matt