IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

Kane is gifted better chances than any striker and misses more of them than he should. Anyone can score a bang, have enough chances and one will go in. Chances being the key word; Spurs make shit loads of them.

Now tell me how many people would rather have kane over Lukaku?

Have you used any actual points to argue jags is so great? If my views are so ludicrous it should be easy. Truth is I've watched him and made an analysis, whilst you just make statements and go off reputation.

That's right isn't it Pete?

Sorry Pete but I'd have Kane over Lukaku any day...don't want to go to far off topic, or bully, or argue...or get the thread locked etc...but Lukaku is factually more wasteful than Kane. Kane covers more distance, and is more consistent. Kane gets more shots on target. Put it all together = more goals. That's what we want from a striker.

yes or it could be incredibly stupid and end his career if his injury is aggrevated and something else goes wrong. those articles are always so bunk just because they don't look at the long term. like hailing mccarthy coming back from injury way early as a hero and now we see a shell of a man because he never fully recovered from those injuries.

Not sure if anyone else has heard this. Allegedly Jags blew up at Martinez in training. Martinez wanted a training ground game with no offsides... it ended with jags walking his team off the pitch.

If it's true then it's clearly at melting point.

Quite a standard practice technique these days. Not sure why Jags would object.

Several reasons. Focus on through balls. Focus on vision. Plenty of training routines have been defined that allow the team to focus on particular aspects of the game.

focusing on those other points is a. Detrimental to being able to play an offside and b. Completely pointless! It's like saying you can practice on parts of driving without taking into consideration the signs or markings; sure you, could do that but it's not really helping anyone and will only have a negative impact.

You play the game by the rules, you learn to get better within the confines of the rules.

focusing on those other points is a. Detrimental to being able to play an offside and b. Completely pointless! It's like saying you can practice on parts of driving without taking into consideration the signs or markings; sure you, could do that but it's not really helping anyone and will only have a negative impact.

You play the game by the rules, you learn to get better within the confines of the rules.

Exactly.

Take Steve's point about focusing on through balls instead. The player playing that through ball needs to have practiced them while playing offsides because how else are they supposed to improve playing a ball at the right time to avoid an offside call? The player making the run to receive that through ball also needs to have done this while offside is a factor so they can learn to time their runs to avoid being given offside,

It is absolutely ridiculous to have a training game without offsides.

You guys are ruling out over 90 percent of today's training drills. Visit any team, and you'll see focus on particular skills - not all at once.

I was thinking the same thing. Seen it all over. This is a nothing story.

Really shocked if Jags kicked up a stink over something as basic as this.

Just don't believe it's true for a second.

You guys are ruling out over 90 percent of today's training drills. Visit any team, and you'll see focus on particular skills - not all at once.

i know what you mean, but the stand alone trainings (shot stopping, passing skills, etc) can be taken aside. Offside is integral, it's not something you can remove. The defenders are drilled and trained to play the offside rule and it becomes imbedded in them, to ask them to stop doing that is unnatural to them and confusing

https://m.reddit.com/r/Everton/comments/4gd3r4/jags_having_a_bustup_with_martinez_in_training/?ref=readnext_9

Seriously training without offsides in 11 v 11? 5 a side yeah cos that's about quick pass and move. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever for the defenders or attackers in training this way. None.

Pretty much like boxers being told to spar and then aren't allowed to use their arms to defend.

Edited by Hafnia

Kane, despite being shite until 2 seasons ago, has been excellent. They do have a brilliant midfield but he is unrecognisable as the player who played in the u21 tournament a couple of years ago

I must admit I watched some of the games and thought how is this lad even playing professionally he looked that bad

Real egg on the face moment down the line and just shows what the experts can see in players

I've played football since I was old enough to through various levels and never been through or seen any training with no offsides

Preston North End train near me and I've never seen them do it have a mate who plays for Fleetwood one who's played for Blackpool and never heard or seen anything of the sort, it's a daft idea that doesn't benefit anyone especially a side that leaks goals and it's main forward has the logistical sense of a potato

I have done it with loads of teams. I did level one FA coaching too.

Can't find where it days it was a full 11 a side match though....that I'd a bit strange. 9-9 yes. But 11 seems strange.

The idea was to not depend on offsides, this was why we played 9-9, because of bot defenders just sat back instead of running back. We also implemented defensive zones to combat the sitting back.

Football basics, play to the hostel and let the ref and linesmen sort out offsides. Keep your line but turn on your feet and run back.

The only advantage I can see from 11 v 11 with no offsides is that it places greater emphasis on defenders tracking the runners. ie If you don't have offside to save you then 'reading the game' and not 'losing your man' is all important. On the other hand, it could have just been because they didn't have any 'assistant referees'!

The only advantage I can see from 11 v 11 with no offsides is that it places greater emphasis on defenders tracking the runners. ie If you don't have offside to save you then 'reading the game' and not 'losing your man' is all important. On the other hand, it could have just been because they didn't have any 'assistant referees'!

We probably didn't have any runners or trackers either John.

I have done it with loads of teams. I did level one FA coaching too.

Can't find where it days it was a full 11 a side match though....that I'd a bit strange. 9-9 yes. But 11 seems strange.

The idea was to not depend on offsides, this was why we played 9-9, because of bot defenders just sat back instead of running back. We also implemented defensive zones to combat the sitting back.

Football basics, play to the hostel and let the ref and linesmen sort out offsides. Keep your line but turn on your feet and run back.

Was it with kids? I'm talking about adult football 11 vs 11 everything else is irrelevant really and has no benefit that I can see of anyway

"The English FA rules concerning short-sided football (5, 6 and 7-a-side) does not include the offside rule. This is restricted to 11s only."