Sign in to follow this  
MC11

Phil Jagielka

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Amazing how short people memories can be. Horrible seeing Heitinga come on and us drop deep. 

For me Jags got away with it more as Distin saved his arse more often or tried to and ended up getting the blame when it was actually Jagielka's fault. Jags didn't cover Distin as much, didn't take the yellow either. Look at Terry and Cahill compared to Jagielka. He was miles behind them two. Looking at our own club he's miles behind Watson and Neville as a captain too. 

When Lescott was here him and Yobo were our best partnership. 

Pete I have to disagree it was Jags and Lescott that were the best pairing hands down in my opinion, I loved Yobo but he was guilty of losing concentration and making some right howlers not that I would hold that against him, he was good in the air at both ends but when the ball was on the ground he could sometimes make a hash of it. 

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

*clears throat*

EXCUSE ME?

Apart from my aunt, uncle, cousins, Steph Curry, Kobe, Richard Rawlings, Leonardo Di  Caprio, Quentin Tarantino, Sarah Rafferty, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard, Ivanka Trump and MJB. 

(apologies for Ivanka, I’ve just always found her hot)

7 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I get what you mean, and you're not far off about the majority of Americans' feelings towards football to be honest.

To be fair football was always going to struggle against the home grown sports like Basketball, Baseball, American Football even Ice Hockey, there part of your culture through generations supported by millions, so a tough task for football to break into the main stream which is understandable. 

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

Not upset. Just think the generalization is pretty short-sited. You're using someone's nationality as an argument against them, which in my opinion, is pretty poor.

Is short-sited the online version of short-sighted?

you mur’cuns know nothing :P 

43 minutes ago, StevO said:

Apart from my aunt, uncle, cousins, Steph Curry, Kobe, Richard Rawlings, Leonardo Di  Caprio, Quentin Tarantino, Sarah Rafferty, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard, Ivanka Trump and MJB. 

(apologies for Ivanka, I’ve just always found her hot)

Neg for the trumpite. She’s her father through and through, without looking like the tango monster fucked a decaying ribbed condom

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

I don't think you can lump MJB into the category of "most Americans."

Indeed.  Personally do not agree with his views on Jags but MJB is not "most Americans".  This forum is for the "Thinking" Evertonian so membership already has you on the right path, haha.

50 minutes ago, sibdane said:

*clears throat*

EXCUSE ME?

To be fair... America is huge and home to many.  Most American's do not particularly care for most American's so it is hardly a surprise when someone from somewhere also shares that view, haha.

4 minutes ago, sibdane said:

It's not. It's a typo.  :doh:

Thank you for confirming my second sentence then :P 

honestly though, short-sited should be a thing! We could diagnose Pete, Haf and myself finally!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Thank you for confirming my second sentence then :P 

honestly though, short-sited should be a thing! We could diagnose Pete, Haf and myself finally!

Surely there’s a space for me somewhere!

Im only 5.8 1/8th

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Neg for the trumpite. She’s her father through and through, without looking like the tango monster fucked a decaying ribbed condom

That’s some weird imagination you’ve got Matt 😂

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

A derogatory your an American remark let me give you a British reply to that accusation fuck off your talking bollocks😀

It’s a fact that football in the USA is considered boring by the majority because there isn’t enough goals or goal action, so much so that they even wanted to make up there own rules to encourage more goals to try and appease the American public, that’s why I said what I said not as a personal put down to you but as a general view of football in the states. 

If American football is boring (which it is), then baseball is less interesting than watching grass grow (which it is).

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

If American football is boring (which it is), then baseball is less interesting than watching grass grow (which it is).

But it is so loved by millions why ?

Well I really enjoy it! I go to the NFL over here at Wembley every year and throughly enjoyed a college match over in the States in the past...........it’s not Goodison Park or gets my emotions like Everton does but it is a good game if you have it a chance. But then again I love practically any sport - except horse racing which I won’t accept as one! 😂

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Surprised they didn't give the fans a chance to say goodbye in a pre-season friendly. Was a brilliant buy for us.

He'll be back for that same as Davey Weir was in 2007, though it might take a bit longer given his first visit back will be as opposition; he'll get a good reception for that match anyway.

Capture.JPG