IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

Jagielka has been given 13 yellows at Everton in the league, over the same period Terry has 42. Maybe if he showed more passion like Terry he wouldn't be a poor man's version.

Couldn't care less about cards Pete I get your drift but that isn't a precursor on how well someone is playing or their commitment Terry is a dirty fucker with a hefty stigma Jags isn't

Can I just ask what's brought about the debate anyway I've been lazy and not kept up with it? I thought he was injured that's about it?

He's hardly been our worst player this season so I don't get where the majority of critism has come from

He's hardly one for shying away from putting his body in the way the man's nose dived more balls than Katie Price, he may not be the most vocal of captains but he's a good solid professional and player

Can I just ask what's brought about the debate anyway I've been lazy and not kept up with it? I thought he was injured that's about it?

He's hardly been our worst player this season so I don't get where the majority of critism has come from

He's hardly one for shying away from putting his body in the way the man's nose dived more balls than Katie Price, he may not be the most vocal of captains but he's a good solid professional and player

Voice of reason.

Was I saying I want mistimed tackles? I'd like to see some professional fouls to stop goals than half arsed attempts at the ball, or backing off giving an easy shot, or being walked past.

I presume you would have run Brian Labone out of town, he obviously wasn't a leader and had no passion for the club because he was only booked twice in his entire career?

I presume you would have run Brian Labone out of town, he obviously wasn't a leader and had no passion for the club because he was only booked twice in his entire career?

But back then you only got booked if you broke at least two of your opponent's bones in a tackle, simple fracture of the fibula just warranted a stern talking to.

But back then you only got booked if you broke at least two of your opponent's bones in a tackle, simple fracture of the fibula just warranted a stern talking to.

:lol:

I remember my grandad telling me a story of how he knocked out heading a sodden football, times have certainly changed :lol:

Was I saying I want mistimed tackles? I'd like to see some professional fouls to stop goals than half arsed attempts at the ball, or backing off giving an easy shot, or being walked past.

I agree. Like the challenge Gibson took today to save that break. Barry does that weekly as well. Haf has taken the argument on another of his straw man tangents arguing about Kevin nolans which has nothing to do with jags or having steel.

I agree. Like the challenge Gibson took today to save that break. Barry does that weekly as well. Haf has taken the argument on another of his straw man tangents arguing about Kevin nolans which has nothing to do with jags or having steel.

Jags is forever making last ditch tackles and saving the day. He's not the greatest CB of all time but this criticism of him is nuts!

I will say again that I think Jags is a solid centerback that works harder than most on the team. However, I don't think he inspires those around him. That's just my opinion.

He's probably the most suited at the club to be captain but that's not necessarily the best reason to be one when looking at the larger picture. In no way am I saying that Jags shouldn't be in the squad though, just to be clear.

Is the horse dead yet?

Edited by TonkaRoost

Problem is if Jags did it it would mean he's likely to be the last man...straight red.

Thank you, surely it's not that mad of an opinion.

Oh for fucks sake I just got a bit sick in my mouth then. You actually just reminded me of this....

https://youtu.be/J9jaEvjrmlQ

Straw man... Bet you've been spouting that one for the last two weeks - at least get it right. Reminds me of a person who told me to stop being predantic...

It's an absolute nonsensical argument, in desperation to make it stick versus a lot of staunch opposition Pete started saying that jags doesn't take enough yellow cards. Bobby moore wasn't booked in 108 games for England.... clearly lacked leadership.

Please don't do this whole "I'll kiss someone else's backside whilst having a go at Haf to get a allies... it's cringy

Edited by Hafnia

Oh for fucks sake I just got a bit sick in my mouth then. You actually just reminded me of this....

https://youtu.be/J9jaEvjrmlQ

Straw man... Bet you've been spouting that one for the last two weeks - at least get it right. Reminds me of a person who told me to stop being predantic...

It's an absolute nonsensical argument, in desperation to make it stick versus a lot of staunch opposition Pete started saying that jags doesn't take enough yellow cards. Bobby moore wasn't booked in 108 games for England.... clearly lacked leadership.

Please don't do this whole "I'll kiss someone else's backside whilst having a go at Haf to get a allies... it's cringy

Lol you take the forums way to serious, im not having a go at you. I agree with half of Pete point. Jags is a weak and bad captain. I don't think he's the worst of the 3 center backs (agree with you there).

But Pete is a good poster and allowed to have his opinion. And for some of his jags is bad argument I can subjectively look at it and understand where he is coming from.

Lol you take the forums way to serious, im not having a go at you. I agree with half of Pete point. Jags is a weak and bad captain. I don't think he's the worst of the 3 center backs (agree with you there).

But Pete is a good poster and allowed to have his opinion. And for some of his jags is bad argument I can subjectively look at it and understand where he is coming from.

Cheers mate. Happy someone can see where I am coming from.