IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

5 years says to me that we plan on giving him a year or two on loan to carry on his progression.

That would then give us either a player ready for the first team...or a player with experience that still has three years on a contract to sell.

Deulofeu...

Forgot him! - how could I.

I still can't see him as a perm signing. If he becomes an 8/10 player they would be mad not to sign him for £8m - lets be honest if they say "come back Gerry - we will play you and you will get to play in champs league" he's gonna go...

all streets ahead of garbutt in ability and experience.

Only time will tell as I said I hope he proves me wrong.

Ability wise Garbutt has all the makings of a top full back already Patto - he just needs the experience. He has everything in his locker that Leighton Baines has - almost a young replica - but I think his crossing is better.

Oviedo hasn't proven his fitness as yet, so I wouldn't have him ahead of Garbutt.

5 years covers the club - it means we don't have to do the same dance in a year or two, we can still get good money for him if we decide to cash in, and it also shows a commitment from the club to Luke (i.e. we rate you highly).

Exactly this for me.

Cissokho and Kieran Richardson there. He could definately play regularly above them. Would be a good club to play for too.

Yeah, possibly. On raw talent and potential he's above those two, but I don't know if it'd certainly translate to game time given his lack of experience (doesn't always happen that way). However, I do worry slightly that if he had a good season at Villa, they are a big enough club to possibly entice him to make a permanent move if his loan spell goes well if it looked like Baines would still be starting at LB here for 2016/2017.

Yeah, possibly. On raw talent and potential he's above those two, but I don't know if it'd certainly translate to game time given his lack of experience (doesn't always happen that way). However, I do worry slightly that if he had a good season at Villa, they are a big enough club to possibly entice him to make a permanent move if his loan spell goes well if it looked like Baines would still be starting at LB here for 2016/2017.

they can entice all they want, he's under contract for 5 years so either pay up or he comes back and plays here or gets loaned elsewhere. nothing they can do about it except offer more money than he's worth.

Sherwood would be more than willing to play an inexperienced player.

Plus, we're only going to send him somewhere he's going to play.

Is he gonna play though? His ability should guarantee a championship starting birth but would he at Villa?

I think his ability is underrated. For me he's a nailed on starter at Villa he premier league ready. Just not Baines ready.

Pleased about this. It seems they have done a good job convincing the lad what is right for him - I hoped he go to Bournemouth where the defence will be tested against players he can expect to face. It seems they have covered left back now so maybe leicester or a team around that level.