IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

I think a prem move would be good. How are Watford for Left Backs?

To be honest I would expect to see him walk into any lower half side at left back. Its whether they realise how good he is or whether they trust his inexperience.

If we never had Baines he would be playing for us at left back.

I think people are underestimating the quality of other prem teams left backs and maybe just maybe overestimating luke for me he either stays or goes to a top championship team.

Think he could slot in at a few Premiership clubs but otherwise would have his best bet in the Championship. Like the interview says, playing week in and week out is what's most important.

I think people are underestimating the quality of other prem teams left backs and maybe just maybe overestimating luke for me he either stays or goes to a top championship team.

villa have 5 LB none of which are good or have taken the spot and ran with it. he's been linked with them as an upgrade over what they have.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/aston-villa/362/blog/post/2515363/can-tim-sherwood-solve-aston-villas-left-back-problem

Pretty much my thoughts.

He wont get guaranteed first team starter at any prem team so championship will be best.

agreed. although this could be us trying to push a premier league move by having this out there. let's hope villa/watford/etc jump the gun and try and grab him now.

Villa looks to be all set now! And, as I said before, they won't be interested in developing our player. They see themselves in direct competition with us for those spots competing for European football

Villa will be in a relegation scrap this season and it won't be long before Sherwood walks as said they've brought in a LB recently and it would be a poor choice for him as a club

Bournemouth would be a good move they play the kind of football Garbutt would suite and he'd get plenty of game time there or if it's a Championship side Boro

Edited by EFC-Paul

Villa will be in a relegation scrap this season and it won't be long before Sherwood walks as said they've brought in a LB recently and it would be a poor choice for him as a club

Bournemouth would be a good move they play the kind of football Garbutt would suite and he'd get plenty of game time there or if it's a Championship side Boro

Bournemouth have signed two new LB's this summer.

Bournemouth have signed two new LB's this summer.

Watford have signed a LB as well and probably have a few on the books already seeing as they always get players from Udinese and Granada.

Norwich seem to be settled on Martin Olsson at LB as well. Tbh, doesn't look like many lower end PL sides need a starting leftback.

The alternative to having a sell on fee was to buy a young kid for about £3m, who might never make it.

Or buy the kid for £300k with less risk and more bonuses should he progress.

If we paid millions up front and he didn't make it the club would get plenty of stick.

Everything is an issue at the moment..If it gets to the point where 20% is a big sum then we will have one hell of a player

What's 20% of someone who gives us the next 12 years of his playing time and retires as an Everton/England legend? People are bored with no football on so moan for the sake of moaning.

Edited by c1982