IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

If the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace are our direct competition then we've got bigger issues than Luke Garbutt.

Anyway, I like what I've seen from this guy. I think you also have to be careful. Playing well at home against some random team from Russia is not even close to being the same thing as playing him against a Theo Walcott or Alexis Sanchez. I'm all for Martinez given Baines a rest against some of the lower teams and giving Garbutt a few starts.

yes i wish we had more squad rotation ala Arsenal. Arsene will put out youngsters and some questionable calls, but more time than not it pays off and eventually they see first team action.

If the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace are our direct competition then we've got bigger issues than Luke Garbutt.

Anyway, I like what I've seen from this guy. I think you also have to be careful. Playing well at home against some random team from Russia is not even close to being the same thing as playing him against a Theo Walcott or Alexis Sanchez. I'm all for Martinez given Baines a rest against some of the lower teams and giving Garbutt a few starts.

I said direct opposition, not competition.

nothing to worry about, article said if we offer a deal he can't leave on a free till he's 24, so either he stays or we sell him for a nice lot, either way we are good. and the red shite can F right off, i hope they get relegated

He can still leave, we'd just be due compensation if we offer him an improved contract. But, we wouldn't get a lot for him I wouldn't have thought.

nothing to worry about, article said if we offer a deal he can't leave on a free till he's 24, so either he stays or we sell him for a nice lot, either way we are good. and the red shite can F right off, i hope they get relegated

As Romey has already said we wont get a lot. If he wants to go we wouldn't be able to stop him and a tribunal would set a fee which would be buttons and a rival would get a real prospect off us for next to nothing.

Piss poor from the club letting it get to this stage yet offering much less (imo) promising players 3 year deals.

As Romey has already said we wont get a lot. If he wants to go we wouldn't be able to stop him and a tribunal would set a fee which would be buttons and a rival would get a real prospect off us for next to nothing.

Piss poor from the club letting it get to this stage yet offering much less (imo) promising players 3 year deals.

ah then yes that sucks and we need to sign him up. maybe all the romelu money means we don't have anything left?

Baines just turned 30, the lad is 21. Need to start finding more time for him.

Baines has been our top performer this season - that's what's the stats say anyway.... He's way out in front on sqwarka. So whilst I agree Garbutt needs a new contract he also needs to wait his turn. I'm sure he'll continue to get some game time.

Baines has been our top performer this season - that's what's the stats say anyway.... He's way out in front on sqwarka. So whilst I agree Garbutt needs a new contract he also needs to wait his turn. I'm sure he'll continue to get some game time.

i don't mean swap Baines out. I mean, if we want Garbutt to sign a new contract, we need to give him more of a sign that he will be our regular LB.

i don't mean swap Baines out. I mean, if we want Garbutt to sign a new contract, we need to give him more of a sign that he will be our regular LB.

How can we do that? He's not even close to the ability of Baines. I'm sure the lad knows his time will come he's 21 he's at a top club.

If Baines gets injured I'm sure he's currently next in line.

Edited by MC11

How can we do that? He's not even close to the ability of Baines. I'm sure the lad knows his time will come he's 21 he's at a top club.

If Baines gets injured I'm sure he's currently next in line.

Not now, no. But the only way he will is to give him game time. He either needs to be the "cup game" LB or given a loan spell at another EPL team or Championship promotion contender like Coleman was done.

If we wait for Baines downfall, he will be around 24 when he gets his chance. I'd like to see him given a show-of-faith in one way or the other. Game time is the best option in my opinion.

Not now, no. But the only way he will is to give him game time. He either needs to be the "cup game" LB or given a loan spell at another EPL team or Championship promotion contender like Coleman was done.

If we wait for Baines downfall, he will be around 24 when he gets his chance. I'd like to see him given a show-of-faith in one way or the other. Game time is the best option in my opinion.

This is always the difficult thing in the Premiership. How do you bleed in the youngsters? It's a tough one to do.

I would play him left mid - seriously. His quality of delivery is great, he can be mentored by Baines and interchange play. Ideal scenario for me. He will get a first hand view of Baines defence.

I'd go with that too. Means that the winger can actually defend and would potentially save money to strengthen other areas. Same goes for Oviedo too

Screen shot taken : Matt and Haf agreed.

It's one for the ToffeeTalk memoir collection.

So long as it doesn't involve Moyes, the board (kinda) and "you know who", we agree quite often. Just a shame that 90% of the debates between the 2 of us are related to these 3 topics :lol:

• 2 months later...