IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

well he is linked with moyes so we could get a decent fee for him,

I'd prefer to keep all 3 but with Garbutt knocking on the first team door, there's no way we can keep 3 left backs happy.

We're not Man City or Chelsea we have to play our good players or they will ask to leave.

A season long loan for Garbutt to a newly promoted side as someone suggested a few posts back would be ideal.

Oviedo loves Everton so I'd like to see him stay but there's no room for sentiment and if one of the 3 had to go I'd choose him.

Out of the 3 left backs I would let the one with the best sell value and that is Baines. His value is currently a lot more than the other 2s but will not be for long due to his age. Its a shame the Defensive Midfield option (playing Baines there) never really worked out as that would have meant there would not be a problem keeping them all happy.

Out of the 3 left backs I would let the one with the best sell value and that is Baines. His value is currently a lot more than the other 2s but will not be for long due to his age. Its a shame the Defensive Midfield option (playing Baines there) never really worked out as that would have meant there would not be a problem keeping them all happy.

I've said the same thing myself; love all three of them but to me Baines is the logical one to go for the good of the club, if the right level of bid came in.

Wouldn't sell Oviedo. The balls firmly in Garbutts court. We'll see what type of character he is in the coming months.

At the end of the day Oviedo is still a huge prospect too. He's played a crucial role and got unlucky with the injury. For that reason we need to back the player.

Garbutt must wait his turn. If that means loaning him out that's good enough for me. He's going to be a very very good player. 100% capped by Englsnd

• 1 month later...

He'll be off in the summer almost certainly.

If he does it's a piss poor piece of business from the club.

i had the same thought pad. we offered him a contract and he's sitting. so he wants a better contract or first team action, we can't do that? highly rated, i'm sure someone will grab him up, loan him out and make money chelsea style on him. sad.

He'll be off in the summer almost certainly.

If he does it's a piss poor piece of business from the club.

If he won't sign a new contract he won't sign a new contract; don't see how you can say without any knowledge of what we're offering or what he's asking for that it's poor business by the club. If he wants to leave he'll leave and there's fuck all we can do about it.

Having said that I really really hope he stays because he's going to be a great player.

If he won't sign a new contract he won't sign a new contract; don't see how you can say without any knowledge of what we're offering or what he's asking for that it's poor business by the club. If he wants to leave he'll leave and there's fuck all we can do about it.

Having said that I really really hope he stays because he's going to be a great player.

It should never of got to the stage where we're flapping around trying to coax him and him being in a position where he knows he has allthe cards.

He should have been tied down 2 years ago on a small wage and long contract. There's no excuse for letting such a promising youngsters contract run down like this, not like he'd of been demanding 50k a week 2 years ago is it.

Shoddy running of the club in my eyes.

It should never of got to the stage where we're flapping around trying to coax him and him being in a position where he knows he has allthe cards.

He should have been tied down 2 years ago on a small wage and long contract. There's no excuse for letting such a promising youngsters contract run down like this, not like he'd of been demanding 50k a week 2 years ago is it.

Shoddy running of the club in my eyes.

i have to say i agree. A year or 2 ago he was representing England at what ever level so he obviously had something about him. Especially since we have a decent record of giving improved contracts when deserved..

i have to say i agree. A year or 2 ago he was representing England at what ever level so he obviously had something about him. Especially since we have a decent record of giving improved contracts when deserved..

How does anyone know we didn't try to tie him down a couple of years ago?

Say it again, if he won't sign he won't sign whether it was last month or two years ago; we have absolutely no way of knowing that the club have handled it badly. Just as possible that it's him (and/or his agent) wanting to keep his options open.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't sound good in the Telegraph...

The Everton manager claims to have shelved plans to sign a goalkeeper. I am very pleased with Tim [Howard] and Joel [Robles] for next season and weve got high hopes for Russell Griffiths plus Jindrich Stanek will have a bigger role next season, said Martínez, who has not given up hope of the England Under-21 international Luke Garbutt remaining at the club. The promising left-back is out of contract this summer and has seen his first-team chances restricted by Leighton Baines.

The manager said: I want him to stay at Everton but in the same way you cannot force players to stay if they dont want to stay. I hope that we can solve it in the summer and work together in that respect. You need to accept what the player feels as well.

Just read the full article. Sounds like Garbutt is definitely off on a free which is hugely disappointing as I think he will be a brilliant left back in a few years. It will be another year with Howard in goal, I just hope this doesn't backfire and he goes on to cost us points again. Also doesn't look like there's going be much money available either (which is not surprising I suppose) if he says we only need 2 or 3.

Edited by Geth

Nothing none of us didn't know in our heart of hearts anyway is it.

Both Howards and Garbutts situatiom next season. Still say the clubs at fault on this they should have tied him down 2 years ago.

2 years ago, now... Doesn't make a blind bit of difference if Luke doesn't want to sign.