IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

But also a way to put the ball in Lukes court. I am a big believer in the training pitch. Put yourself forward and make it hard for your manager not to pick you......don't walk away to wherever it may be easier to get in.

Edited by Shukes

But also a way to put the ball in Lukes court. I am a big believer in the training pitch. Put yourself forward and make it hard for your manager not to pick you......don't walk away to wherever it may be easier to get in.

He can't go anywhere for the next two games, is our only fit LB, and has acquitted himself very well whenever he's been asked to step in but "we'll see" if he plays on Saturday? Utter bullshit from the king of bullshit.

To be fair, we don't know the story but Garbutt may of told him he is definitely not signing and wants away. If that's the case He shouldn't play him.

Not saying it is but if he doesn't play it COULD be why.

great point pad. i understand everyone thinks garbutt is going to be the next greatest thing but take a journey with me to last season. Man United have Patrice Evra a quality LB who is getting up in age so they get rid of him by not re-signing him or offering him a deal. They get "next greatest young talent" Luke Shaw and Marcus Rojo. Neither guys pan out, Patrice Evra is in the CL final with Juve and has been a key part of their success in that solid back line.

Let's not make the same mistake. Like my father says "1 in hand is better than 2 in the bush"

Baines is injured and we're talking about Garbutt coming in for the game on Saturday. Nothing about getting rid of Baines.

Yes, this is the issue, Saturday, period. As I said in the earlier post, when I read RM's comment, my immediate, and utterly obvious, thought was, "Who else is there?" If by some very strange occurrence it is Barry, Besic, or Alcaraz, that just won't seem right at all.

Garbutt is a very tidy player and has the ability to become a top pro. But he is not the star some are making out.

He performed well when he came in, nothing great...just well.

His cross big was a breath of fresh air...not because it was Amazing but because he crossed the ball.

Baines mostly looks for the balls inside and one two's where Like wants to cross early.

Lots of full backs do that.

If he wants to go then I'm neither happy or sad. Plenty of players of his ability to replace him with.

Good point Romey and my preference would be for him to stay...only if he is willing to fight to prove himself. It's not like he is in the wilderness, I could understand that. But this lad gets played when the opportunity is there.

So if he wants to move it's because he either doesn't believe he is better than Oviedo or he wants an easier route to the first team....which isn't exactly a winning mentality.

Good point Romey and my preference would be for him to stay...only if he is willing to fight to prove himself. It's not like he is in the wilderness, I could understand that. But this lad gets played when the opportunity is there.

So if he wants to move it's because he either doesn't believe he is better than Oviedo or he wants an easier route to the first team....which isn't exactly a winning mentality.

I don't really agree that he's had a fair crack tbh. Martinez said that Baines has had this ankle problem since 2012, so it would have made sense to have "managed" the injury this season by giving Garbutt more game time so Baines got some rest. But he hasn't done that.

I don't think people are going overboard as such Makis the potential is obviously there the main gauge for me is Baines who has been possibly the best LB or one of this league has had for a couple of years and although he's not at his peak Garbutt is comparable to him now ability wise at such a young age

If not for having Baines and him being such a good player over the years Garbutt would surely be playing week in week out he's young talented and home grown three things which in todays game come at a premium and if we fuck up and he leaves we will undoubtedly kick ourselves in the near future

Just compare him to Shaw and I know which one I'd rather have on our books

Edited by EFC-Paul

Galloway playing LB is not the future. Galloway playing LB is fucking stupid.

He deserves his debut by all accounts but playing him out of position is a big 'FUCK YOU' from Martinez to Garbutt. Fingers crossed that Martinez falls out with Kone and McGeady because he seems to hold a grudge.

He deserves his debut by all accounts but playing him out of position is a big 'FUCK YOU' from Martinez to Garbutt. Fingers crossed that Martinez falls out with Kone and McGeady because he seems to hold a grudge.

I'm starting to hope the board give Martinez a big FUCK YOU...

Really questioning how much I'd trust him with our future in his hands tbh.

over reaction on here by some for those that don't know Galloway has been playing left back for quite a while now and is quite capable

he's good on the ball....what happened to why arnt we giving the kids a game ?

I hope some will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope so too because Everton winning is what matters to me. But, strangely, that isn't the first thing in Roberto's thinking. He'll be happy if we lose today but have 60% possession with Galloway having an 85% pass completion rate.

Glad for Golloway. Feel for Garbutt but that's confirmed he's gone.

A squad represents a selection of talents and abilities that can be combined in various ways to emphasize your strengths and defuse the opponents' strengths. As was suggested, maybe Galloway is in there because his strengths are more appropriate against West Ham. Football should be a game of strategy, not a soap opera. :) If individuals get hurt simply because they don't get to play in a particular game, they need to get a life.

A squad represents a selection of talents and abilities that can be combined in various ways to emphasize your strengths and defuse the opponents' strengths. As was suggested, maybe Galloway is in there because his strengths are more appropriate against West Ham. Football should be a game of strategy, not a soap opera. :) If individuals get hurt simply because they don't get to play in a particular game, they need to get a life.

spot on