IGNORED

Luke Garbutt

A squad represents a selection of talents and abilities that can be combined in various ways to emphasize your strengths and defuse the opponents' strengths. As was suggested, maybe Galloway is in there because his strengths are more appropriate against West Ham. Football should be a game of strategy, not a soap opera. :) If individuals get hurt simply because they don't get to play in a particular game, they need to get a life.

Why did you quote me? I did feel for Luke. Proud of Galloway though.

• 4 weeks later...

If his agent has Garbutt's best long-term interest at heart he'd advise him to accept. However, Greedy gutter-rats and bottom-feeders as they are, they have only their best interest at heart.

How refreshing it would be if players could sue their agents for giving them bad advice!

The problem is that the agent is also telling him "Everton does not trust you, Martinez did not play you when Baines was injured, you are ready now, Swansea is offering you a chance, they have really scouted you...".

When the reality is that Baines is 30+, each time more injury prone, Oviedo has had a serious injury and Garbutt can earn the spot here if he sticks around the way Stones did. Martinez has shown that he's a bit conservative but once the player proves his worth he sticks with him.

Consistency is underrated in the careers of footballers. The more time they stay in a team, the more likely is that they focus on improving their skills and shine. How many times we have heard that a normal player has been in a team since long time and one year they had a breakout season? I think that kind of season does not happen overnight just because, it happens due to long term trust in the club, organic development and increased responsibility.

He'll be gone very shortly, I've already got my head round this long ago.

Still maintain the club shouldn't let prospects like this even get into the last year of their contract never mind runit out

But the fact still remains that if he won't sign he won't sign, the club doesn't have it in its power to do that (could try waterboarding I suppose but a bit extreme); so you're asking them to do the impossible.

But the fact still remains that if he won't sign he won't sign, the club doesn't have it in its power to do that (could try waterboarding I suppose but a bit extreme); so you're asking them to do the impossible.

To be fair, I don't know what has happened behind the scenes BUT, they should have upped his money and offered him a good deal well before he even thought about perhaps running his contract down. The coaches must spot potential like he has surely it would be a priority to get them resigned when they get to around 18 months left I would imagine at that point of their contract they would be just happy to be offered a renewal.

i don't think he will cut it to the extent that he would be a regular in our side his best move would be Bournemouth or similar.

I think with the right coaching and proper management he'll go all the way. I don't think for a single second he'll be the new Ashely Cole or Robero Carlos but I think he has the makings of a good premiership left back.

only time will tell there's a big difference in playing the odd game and playing every week.

Course there is but he's making all the right noises when he does play. His positional sense is good, he's great on the ball, likes a tackle and takes a great corner. He's quick as well.

To be fair, I don't know what has happened behind the scenes BUT, they should have upped his money and offered him a good deal well before he even thought about perhaps running his contract down. The coaches must spot potential like he has surely it would be a priority to get them resigned when they get to around 18 months left I would imagine at that point of their contract they would be just happy to be offered a renewal.

SmileySuicide.gif

Maybe they did make him that offer; maybe he had decided on a course of action from the moment he joined and never had any intention of extending (possibly unless we sold Baines).

There is no way you can possibly with an ounce of certainty blame the board for this situation; if anyone suggests it again I think my head will explode :blink:.

SmileySuicide.gif

Maybe they did make him that offer; maybe he had decided on a course of action from the moment he joined and never had any intention of extending (possibly unless we sold Baines).

There is no way you can possibly with an ounce of certainty blame the board for this situation; if anyone suggests it again I think my head will explode :blink:.

I can and I have, you equally cannot say with certainty the board have done enough.

All the noises coming from the club "we are in no rush, we will sit down at the end of the season" and such point to the fact we've sat on our hands , otherwise the noises would have been different to the tune of "we have had an offer on the table for some time now he refuses to sign.

Gosling is aprime example of our boards ineptness in things like this. I'm not a board basher Mike but on the whole our board make some fuck wit decisions.

I can and I have, you equally cannot say with certainty the board have done enough.

All the noises coming from the club "we are in no rush, we will sit down at the end of the season" and such point to the fact we've sat on our hands , otherwise the noises would have been different to the tune of "we have had an offer on the table for some time now he refuses to sign.

Gosling is aprime example of our boards ineptness in things like this. I'm not a board basher Mike but on the whole our board make some fuck wit decisions.

Which is why I haven't because, like everyone else....

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!

My comments on it have always been "maybe" and "possibly" and people saying "should" are making assumptions based on zero knowledge ("noises coming from the club" would never hold up in court). The Gosling thing was a cock-up for sure (though it's a shame when you can't take a man on his word) but that's not happened before or since and the management team, which is much more than the board, will no doubt have learned their lesson.

(My wife just saw the big letters over my shoulder and told me off for being aggressive :lol:)

Which is why I haven't because, like everyone else....

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!

My comments on it have always been "maybe" and "possibly" and people saying "should" are making assumptions based on zero knowledge ("noises coming from the club" would never hold up in court). The Gosling thing was a cock-up for sure (though it's a shame when you can't take a man on his word) but that's not happened before or since and the management team, which is much more than the board, will no doubt have learned their lesson.

(My wife just saw the big letters over my shoulder and told me off for being aggressive :lol:)

:lol:

She's right of course .

And so am I :P

A move away might be better for his career, if not for Everton. The lad needs to be playing.

I've said the same thing before; if you're an ambitious lad (of 22) how long do you wait for the best left back in the country to be injured when even then you may be third choice. Is there any incentive there to sign a new contract? Course he wants to play, who wouldn't in his position? I'd place no blame on anyone if he went, certainly not him. We (Moyes) were right to pick up a player of great potential but circumstances have conspired to limit his chances. Good luck to him if he stays and good luck to him if he goes as far as I'm concerned.

I've said the same thing before; if you're an ambitious lad (of 22) how long do you wait for the best left back in the country to be injured when even then you may be third choice. Is there any incentive there to sign a new contract? Course he wants to play, who wouldn't in his position? I'd place no blame on anyone if he went, certainly not him. We (Moyes) were right to pick up a player of great potential but circumstances have conspired to limit his chances. Good luck to him if he stays and good luck to him if he goes as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to blame Matt if he goes.

That feels like the right thing to do.

If he signed a contract here you'd have fans saying he's happy to sit on the bench and pick up a wage for not playing. If he doesn't sign a contract here you'll have fans saying he wasn't patient enough. The lad can't win.

Personally, I think he's been more than patient and he'd go with my best wishes and I'd hope he'd go on to show that we made a big mistake in not convincing him he had a future here.