IGNORED

Umbro

Romey 1878

5 year deal. Home kit out in July (I'll faint getting it that early). They'll also do women's and babies kits.

I just hope they do the shirt fucking royal blue and not the light blue crap they ended up giving us. Oh and no generic kits when they eventually get other clients (we're their only ones atm).

The more I think about it the more I like this deal.

We're their only clients (right now) so we'll be their priority, their flagship so to speak. They'll value us unlike Nike. They'll do more for us (women's and baby sizes highlight this). Shirts will likely be cheaper than they were with Nike too.

My one concern is, like I said, generic shirts. Obviously for now they'll be unique to us but once they get other clubs to sign on with them? Fingers crossed they don't just use a template like they used to.

Also, shame we're still with Kitbag. Shit deal. Wish we could get out of it.

With us still tied up with Kitbag I don't really think it'd make any difference would it?

sales wise no, but there must be an agreement to have their symbol on our merchandise too. Otherwise who cares who makes our stuff? I imagine, they pay us just to have that logo being advertized.

Going back to the original Kitbag deal..

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/-32m-deal-for-blues.html

Kitbag:

The Goodison Park Club has signed a 10-year agreement with Kitbag Limited, Europe's leading online sports retailer, to provide exclusive retail services on a global basis.

In addition to the deal with Kitbag, the new retail arrangement for Everton includes a sports marketing agreement of up to five years with Le Coq Sportif which will generate a further £3 million.

Basically, the Kitbag retail partnership is 10 years, the 'sports marketing agreement' deal was five. That article was published in 2009, we are coming up to the end of the five year contract (Le Coq Sportif + Nike = 5 years in total).

As long as Umbro is bringing in more than £600k a year, it's a better financial deal.

Kitbag:

Basically, the Kitbag retail partnership is 10 years, the 'sports marketing agreement' deal was five. That article was published in 2009, we are coming up to the end of the five year contract (Le Coq Sportif + Nike = 5 years in total).

As long as Umbro is bringing in more than £600k a year, it's a better financial deal.

whats the difference between the Kitbag retail partnership and the 'sports marketing agreement' deal?

Kitbag:

Sounds like the club have made a move to combat the shit deal Elstone lumbered us with then. Good news!

whats the difference between the Kitbag retail partnership and the 'sports marketing agreement' deal?

I'm not too sure Matt! I would have thought that:

• Kitbag pay Everton to take over the retail division
  • Nike pay Everton to have their branding associated with the club
The latest accounts say that:

In the first of a two-year arrangement in conjunction with the Club’s retail partner, Kitbag, Nike completed a significant refurbishment of Everton Two in Liverpool One, complementing that with the launch of three technically advanced kits and co-branded training wear which was also made available in Nike’s city centre store.

So they're obviously closely entwined.