IGNORED

Umbro

Romey 1878

I never liked seeing the Nike swoosh in anything that has to do with football. I associate Nike with many other sports, but I never liked their intrusion into football (even though they make some nice products). To me, football = adidas, puma, umbro, mitre, kappa, patrick, etc., but not Nike. And yes, I realize this is irrational (and a losing battle) but it's just something about them being both new and American and intruding into this time-honored sport.

This is exciting. I've been crying out for a manufacturer to take over that actually has the time to make us something unique. Umbro has a recent history of making some interesting kits. Although much of it was under the guidance of Nike, the Aitor Throup tailored England kits were very nice I think, as are the Ireland home and away. The Cosmos strip has always been awesome too. I think this is a positive move, especially since we'll be the only ones in the league representing their brand. We can probably anticipate some of the players wearing Umbro boots as well...although those are a bit questionable.

UmbroKits.png73599U_JHV_Umbro_Ireland_Home_Jersey_201jersey_umbro_ireland.jpgcosmos-umbro-kit-01-selectism.jpg

They've sponsored Brazil, South Korea and USA since the mid 90s so we're used to it. They go out all out at the time with television commercials with big name players every two years so there's an entire generation of people who regard Nike as a football brand, more so than other American sports. Reebok tried their hand at it too but were no near as successful, they ended up with the naming rights to Bolton's stadium and not much else.

;) Whatever strip they bring out, hopefully they start selling them up here (Glasgow). Quite a number of guys I know, are always on the lookout for an Everton top but rarely ever sold in a sport shop up here. I managed to get one a few years back (2010 season) and got Cahill 17 on the back. Still wear it every week at 5's. Any tops I buy now is through Everton Direct but still on the lookout for the white training top that had the green Chang logo on it. :rolleyes:

Our current kit is of a completely different construction to the ones Barcelona, Celtic and the Brazil team would wear. They're template kits. Sort of a do all boxey pattern that can fit many body types. Players and fans would look much better in something fitted and appropriately sized.

Kind of depends on the build of the fan :unsure:.

They'd certainly lose my custom if tight fitting was the only option available.

Only Umbro kits I've really liked were the green athletic Bilbao kit and the black city kit from last season. Seen as they are both away kits, I'm not overly optimistic about liking our new home kit, but the away kit should be decent!

I get people didn't like the way nike did a template and shipped out to a load of different teams but nikes designs were always more pleasing on the eye IMO. PSV's home kit this year is boss! though I agree, I don't know what the fuck is going on with the sleeves on ours. Looks like Nev Southhall has tried on everyone's shirt before a game.

Love the Nil Satis on the collar.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-announce-record-five-year-6672792?

Saying it's a club record deal... but the fact the club haven't revealed the figures suggests it's not great.

An improvement on awful can still be pretty awful...

gotta say the nike kits have been dire.

1st one grew on me, though I didnt like it at first. This seasons is just boring and unimaginative! Or you mean an improvement on an awful deal?

That is one of the best kits Ive seen for years, really hope thats it!

Edited by Matt