IGNORED

Umbro

Romey 1878

I think that mock up is wholly unimaginative. Given the commotion they have made about this deal I would expect something a bit more creative than that. Designers are paid to come up with something unique not just a plain blue shirt with an Everton/Umbro badge on it.

I think it is safe to say that you're looking at a fan's mock-up...

Guest blueboy122

It may not be legit, the Chang deal expires this season and there's been no announcement that it's been renewed.

Where are we in terms of money with Chang? How do we compare with the other teams in our league, sponsorship wise

I've grown fond of the elephants too, Mark. :D Apparently it's the longest standing agreement in the league.

great! but doesnt bring the pennies in like some of the shorter deals other clubs have had. We could really do with a new sponsor for a new market.

I think that mock up is wholly unimaginative. Given the commotion they have made about this deal I would expect something a bit more creative than that. Designers are paid to come up with something unique not just a plain blue shirt with an Everton/Umbro badge on it.

whats wrong with it being plain? Always my preference when it comes to kit designs, so Im biased :D

I think it looks smart and dont want all kinds of "creativity" all over (and looking over past desgins from Umbro, every time they tried something different its looked shite!).

Also, Im not sure its a mock up. Umbro mustve had samples to show what they had in mind for shirt desings, maybe this is one of them.

I think it is safe to say that you're looking at a fan's mock-up...

I had realised that!

whats wrong with it being plain? Always my preference when it comes to kit designs, so Im biased :D

I think it looks smart and dont want all kinds of "creativity" all over (and looking over past desgins from Umbro, every time they tried something different its looked shite!).

Also, Im not sure its a mock up. Umbro mustve had samples to show what they had in mind for shirt desings, maybe this is one of them.

Nothing wrong with simple designs, in fact they can be brilliant (I'm a big fan of last seasons black kit for example) but there has to be a quality about it.

I think back to one of the old England kits which was effectively a white polo shirt with a huge badge and umbro logo stitched on and I just hope they aren't going to do the same thing with us.

Im not saying I want a picasso-esque shirt, I would just like to see that someone has actually thought about the design and added whatever important details or little bits of quality they deem fit.

• 1 month later...

somehting not right there. A few weeks after announcing 60m+ in lost revenue they get a sponsorship most EPL would envy? Bit too co incidental in my opinion....

Up to, as Louis put in bold, is the important wording in the deal.

Suspect QPR would have to get in the premier league, win it four times and top it off with a hat-trick of Champions League titles to get close to £45m......without the breakdown it's a meaningless figure.

Up to, as Louis put in bold, is the important wording in the deal.

Suspect QPR would have to get in the premier league, win it four times and top it off with a hat-trick of Champions League titles to get close to £45m......without the breakdown it's a meaningless figure.

very true, didn't see that on the phone

Exactly, we've had good and bad from Umbro, LCS, Nike and Puma over recent history; EFC badge on a decent shirt is all that matters to me, branding is irrelevant.

Maybe to you as one consumer but ultimately we need a strong brand and design across all merchandise, to keep profit levels good.

Young fans,those who the club have targeted in recent months, are fickle and they may not understand that a shirts design isnt everything.

For me, a manufacturer is quite important in todays design concious world and their offerings will need to be exceptional if the name/brand alone, isnt particularly strong.

Maybe to you as one consumer but ultimately we need a strong brand and design across all merchandise, to keep profit levels good.

Young fans,those who the club have targeted in recent months, are fickle and they may not understand that a shirts design isnt everything.

For me, a manufacturer is quite important in todays design concious world and their offerings will need to be exceptional if the name/brand alone, isnt particularly strong.

what difference does it make if we dont earn on the 3m a year Kitbag deal?

Tenacious is right.

Nike at present is much better brand and the younger generations recognise this.

Rightly or wrongly Umbro is now seen as a dated brand and lots of people wouldnt be seen dead wearing it. I understand it's difference in terms of sports merchandise but for me Nike is light years ahead of Umbro and gave the club and kits a more marketable look.

I just didn't understand the fuss when we announced a deal with them I was gutted.

My dad would say umbro is a good choice. That says it all really. May aswell go all out and start up NEC again whilst were at it. Just glad am not a sad case who wears his footy top on holiday. You can do time in some countries if they catch you wearing umbro.

You can also get 10 stitches in Liverpool.