IGNORED

Umbro

Romey 1878

I think we are fools to remove a top brand and bring in a has been. Umbro is a terrible brand and I personally think merchandise sales will drop because of it.

probably right, but it wont be Everton that suffers because of it

How can sales diminish? we don't promote the kit at all as a club. throw in the kitbag deal its just us fans that will buy it

Not just the kit, everything else that has the logo on. For example the training tracksuits. Under nike I'd say the kit was pretty fashionable. An Umbro one not so = less sales whether it's a kit bag deal or not it's just a backward step.

the quality counts for me and the look not the company badge. only one badge counts and 90% of football fans feel the same way FACT!

It has been proven by a state university in texas who were funded by the swedish goverment to get into the football fans mind.

but really do people actually look at what company makes the kit rather than what the kit looks like?

Not just the kit, everything else that has the logo on. For example the training tracksuits. Under nike I'd say the kit was pretty fashionable. An Umbro one not so = less sales whether it's a kit bag deal or not it's just a backward step.

Not sure I understand. We make no money from any of the merchandise with the Umbro badge, so how is it a backward step? I understand the argument that Nike is more "cool" but financially (sales at least) it makes no difference. So, step back in terms of image?

Egh... but I like the Nike kit :shaking fist:

First season, yeah but the home kit took time to get used to. This seasons home kit was shite, though the away and 3rd were very smart.

I'm bored of all these fan mock ups being held up as the new kit. I'm looking forward to seeing what Umbro can do, some thing simple and a little retro will do me. At least we know that no one else will have the same design next time.

Nike is a huge brand, but when you see how lazy they are with their designs it's crazy. Go on football shirt culture and look at the World Cup kits. Most of the nike kits are plain with no detail and v neck. They look alright, but when everyone has the same kit it's just too uniform for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Im actually dreading the kit launch this year, we should play in blue and white, fuck this black shit off

I don't even like the kits with blue socks!

I'm with you. Not broke, don't fix it.

i'm not overly keen on the new badge and with the lack of white on that, i'm concerned our kit will look really bland and miserable.