IGNORED

Crystal Palace (home)

Matt

Could they not have postponed the game when the red warnings were put out across the North West? Not happy at all. Correct call but it's an absolute piss-take to drive up to Goodison, walk a mile in the shitty conditions to be pushed against a wall by a police officer, bummed and have to walk home again.

Not amused.

Could they not have postponed the game when the red warnings were put out across the North West? Not happy at all. Correct call but it's an absolute piss-take to drive up to Goodison, walk a mile in the shitty conditions to be pushed against a wall by a police officer, bummed and have to walk home again.

Not amused.

Erm Im not too sure that was a police officer you bumped into

Guest blueboy122

Pretty farcical that they didn't call it off sooner!

Could and should have made that decision well before any damage around the stadium, The roads where chaos there was always going to be objects flying round with the strong winds, what more indications do they need?

I got to the game like Romey and was told by the police I was fuming couldn't believe they left it so late.

Guest blueboy122

The policeman I spoke to said that the Palace fans were still stuck in Newcastle under Lyme and that was 20 minutes before kick off. Jesus what a journey they had to turn straight back around. Feel for the palace fans as it could have been avoided or at least cancelled far earlier than it was.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, postponements are ultimately down to the ref aren't they (acting on police advice in some cases)? So I don't think any blame can be attached to the club.

I don't blame the club at all. Think Alan Myers was on the radio saying the club had to leave it down to the police and until they tell them otherwise the game is on.

I think the game was called off so late because shit starting hitting the fan so late. When I got to the box office it was fine and then when I left the box office we were told that tiles had fallen from the roof and we had to stand against the wall. Apparantly a few minutes later tiles came of the Wilmslow too so I'm guessing that the last minute chaos caused the game to go off.

One police officer said that debris had fallen onto the pitch but I haven't seen anything to back that up.

Did you see Steve Parish' (Palace Chairman) tweets?

What an absolute shambles, just got home 7 hours in the car longer for the fans on the coaches!!

Asked to delay kick off, to get fans coaches there, told there were no problems and no need to be delayed, 20 mins later games called off!

6 Weather forecast said 50 mile an hour winds and heavy rain for liverpool on Tuesday but decision comes at 7pm on Wednesday ?

https://twitter.com/CEO4TAG

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Big game this Wednesday, home match and we need the 3 points to keep our champs league push. I'm hoping for a strong lineup since palace has been doing so well lately. They will do the pulis park the bus so we need to attack relentlessly.

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley McGeady

Lukaku

Got this if anyone wants to respond...

Hi there,
I am from the Crystal Palace blog the1905.wordpress.com Would it be alright if I asked you a few questions ahead of Wednesday’s game?
Has it been a successful season for Everton so far?

How have you viewed Palace’s season- has it gone well?

Roberto Martinez joined Everton back in the summer. Was he the right choice of manager?

Out of the current Palace team, which player would you want at Everton and why?

Have you ever visited Selhurst Park? If yes, what do you think of it?

Finally, what’s your score prediction for Saturday’s game?

Many thanks Harry

Got this if anyone wants to respond...

Hi there,

I am from the Crystal Palace blog the1905.wordpress.com Would it be alright if I asked you a few questions ahead of Wednesday’s game?

Has it been a successful season for Everton so far?

So far, definitely. A CL spot was always the goal and right now fourth is outs to lose. I even think we could finish 3rd if we somehow manage to win our remaining games.

How have you viewed Palace’s season- has it gone well?

Crystal Palace is doing better than I thought it would, tbh. I was thinking they would be further down the table in the relegation spots at this point, but I'm glad to see they are probably going to stay up.

Roberto Martinez joined Everton back in the summer. Was he the right choice of manager?

Without a doubt. He was my first choice to replace Moyes, and I'm happy at how ambitious and positive he is. He knows the club history and has us playing great possession football. He's also shrewd in the transfer window which is perfect for a club like ours.

Out of the current Palace team, which player would you want at Everton and why?

I like the look of Dwight Gayle. He's still young, and he looks like he would be a useful player. Forward is usually a curse for us, though this year Lukaku has been putting the ball in the net.

Have you ever visited Selhurst Park? If yes, what do you think of it?

Never been.

Finally, what’s your score prediction for Saturday’s game?

I want to say we will put up a few goals... 3-1 win for Everton. I have a feeling Palace will try to sit and attack on the counter, but once we get the first goal in, you guys will start chasing the game and it will open up a bit more -- at least, that's what I hope happens.

Many thanks Harry

Pulis has done a fantastic job at Palace. I'm not sure if he'll stay around long considering the restrictions that he'll have to manage under moving into subsequent seasons but he appears to be doing a job and be in line for a fat bonus for keeping them up.

It'll be a really tough game. Will take a sneaky 1-0 win if it comes to it although a few goals to add to our goal difference won't go a miss.

Although I'd take 1-0 I'd like us to put a few goals on the board on Wednesday as I cant see us beating utd,city,Southampton by big scores and Arsenal have the chance to score a few in their remaining games. Goal difference might be the difference. I'd definitely play McGeady and Gerry with Ross and Naisy. Give Lukaku a rest and bring him on if need be. Get an early goal and settle the nerves. 4-1 Naisy with a brace and Gerry and Baines