IGNORED

Crystal Palace (home)

Matt

Would take a fluky 1 - 0.

Three points the most important thing.

If Arse don't get 3 point from West Ham then expect us to be more relaxed and maybe score a few.

I would say a 2 - 0, Goodison is a fortress for us, and Palace will be looking for points elsewhere to confirm their almost guaranteed safety.

I suspect the lineup will depend very much on Arsenal's result tomorrow night. Should they win, I can see Lukaku playing. If they drop point, Lukaku will be rested. Martinez will have one eye on the weekend.

Martinez will play the next game only

Guest rusty747

I agree that Martinez will only select his team for the next game, but I also think that if a player needs a rest then we have sufficient quality and depth within our squad ( I really loved saying that) to be able to rest a few players without any loss of overall team performance.

I am more nervous about the Palace game than the Man U or Man C games as this is the one that, when we win, really sets the platform for the final run in.

Nil Satis

Sin Miedo

This is one of the "easier" games, although Palace as you would expect under Pullis are well disciplined and have won 3 on the trot. Must win this one, so strongest team for me, Barclay for Osman and Mirallas for Delu.

I hope the players dont go into the game with that attitude, Sunderland at home was an easy game and we lost that one.

Edited by Bill

The game is on my birthday so I'll miss this game because I think we're going for a surprise meal.... Can't really say no but I am pretty gutted I'll miss the game. I'll be constantly checking the score on my phone and then I'll get called antisocial. No win really. Moral of the story is, you women, never book to go for a meal when the blues are playing.

Looking forward to coming up tomorrow for this, proper old school ground with decent fans, I dont think we will "park the bus" we have a very good well drilled defence that has improved aove the last 6 weeks by 100%, someone said we were the best defence he has seen and we have improved, with the Gooners winning tonight they are a bit closer to you, so you want the points, we also want the point to move 3 points clear of Wet Spam, all to play for so they say, and as for someone saying there will be space between our CB. and midfield, just think and check the stats of Mile Jedinak, hes a beast that fills that hole. looking forward to a pretty open game and a draw would do us (at thjis end of the season im used to saying "we need 3 points!!!")

Good luck on getting 4th, but I hope we take 3 points of you and you still do it :)

as for someone saying there will be space between our CB. and midfield, just think and check the stats of Mile Jedinak, hes a beast that fills that hole. looking forward to a pretty open game and a draw would do us (at thjis end of the season im used to saying "we need 3 points!!!")

Good luck on getting 4th, but I hope we take 3 points of you and you still do it :)

I've watched Jedinak pretty close this season cause he's the only Aussie left in the premier league at the moment (besides Brad Jones for Liverpool, but there's not much to look out for other than additional splinters in his ass cheeks each week), and I've been very impressed with him. I thought he might struggle with the step up from Championship but he seems to thrive in the competitive environment each week. He never really lit the world on fire for the national team, although I was told he was very good for the Central Coast Mariners in the A-League for what it's worth, but I think its such a shame he's only come on as such a good player at 30. Anyway, I'm sure he'll give Barkley, Osman or Naismith (whoever's in the hole) some trouble throughout the game.

I've got a pretty bad feeling about this game. I can see a draw coming on, levelling us on points and opening up a straight shootout over the last 4 games with Arsenal for 4th. Hope I'm wrong though, maybe Pulis being desperate for the 3 points will open up his game a little bit.

pressures on now with the Arse winning but they looked pretty poor and I think we are the better team. Did you hear the crowd singing "are you watching everton?" need to come out the blocks tonight quickly

pressures on now with the Arse winning but they looked pretty poor and I think we are the better team. Did you hear the crowd singing "are you watching everton?" need to come out the blocks tonight quickly

Imagine if you had of told them they'd be singing that back in January when they were topping the league. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

It's the right and proper time for Arsenal and their fans to have a serious reality check. Some of the comments from Gooner fans slating Giroud yesterday before he scored said everything.

The sooner we can provide that reality check for them and that 4th is not a divine right the better. Seems like progress is being made, they thought the title was their divine right earlier in the season and know they're singing "Are you watching Everton" - Yes, we are watching and I loved RM's retort to Wenger trying to exert pressure on the team.

As he says we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Hoping for a win and a few goals to top up the goal difference but seems like it will come down to the final game. A draw will not be the end of the world. Palace have become a very tidy outfit since Pulis took over.

If anyone deserves a rest, it's him. Unexpected though, for sure. I LOVE the look of this lineup though. Will Barkley be part of the double pivot with Barry or will he play alongside Deulofeu? Either way, we have 5 exciting attacking players up front (then, oh yeah, Baines and Coleman).

THERE WILL BE GOALS.

McCarthy on the bench :huh:.

Howard; Coleman, Stones, Distin, Baines; Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu, McGeady; Lukaku

Really like this line up, think RM realized we don't need more than one real DM playing in the middle for us (although Barkley will be playing the role, he is much more offensive). My one issue with this lineup is that iwe don't have any firepower to come off the bench if we need it late in the game. Hope our starters can put this one away. COYB!

Very positive. Suprised and not surprised that McCarthy is on the bench. Think that tells us everything about how he envisions Palace to play tonight.

Unfortunately I've got to go on an internet black out until later when I can watch the game.

Got to be patient and try and not get frustrated, the breakthrough will come.

Great line up that! Going for the jugular I reckon!

Bobby obviously has great confidence in all his players, which is great to see.

(As a side note, Cotto will be doin handstands at the prospect of seeing someone else partnering Barry....such as Barkley!!!)

Who does that leave us to bring on in attack, Naismith? Wish I could watch this whole match, but it starts at 11:45 on a Wednesday morning here and I'm chained to a desk. Will be getting to a pub for the second half.

Best super sub we have isnt he now?