IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

We are 11 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. If we win that extra game (vs. Palace), then we are 8 points behind. If we win tomorrow and Arsenal (away to Chelsea) lose, then we are 5 points behind. If we win our remaining home game against Arsenal, then we are just 2 points behind. With nine other games to play, I'd say that a CL spot remains a real possibility.

I agree that 4th is still a possibility but only if and it's a huge IF we can win our next 3 on the bounce. If we do I believe we'll be within touching distance of at least Arsenal... if we drop even a point in the next 3 I believe 5th is our limit this season.

Looking at our away form the chances of back to back wins at Newcastle and Fulham are very slim but we should be able to go to both and win, whether we do is a whole different matter!

Not sure about this season but if I win £127M on the lottery sometime soon then if I go to Vegas and put the lot on one number on a roulette table and if it comes in and if Bill will sell the club to me and if I can then buy Messi & Ronaldo and if they score 40 goals each and if we keep Kone then I think we could qualify next season

We are 11 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. If we win that extra game (vs. Palace), then we are 8 points behind. If we win tomorrow and Arsenal (away to Chelsea) lose, then we are 5 points behind. If we win our remaining home game against Arsenal, then we are just 2 points behind. With nine other games to play, I'd say that a CL spot remains a real possibility.

Task 1 complete. 11=>8.

Everyone keeps saying "given how we are playing" but we step it up a notch whenever we play the so called better sides and we have been very unlucky to lose against Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

As much as I would like to think that the race for 4th is still alive, I think it is very unlikely. The Arsenal game itself will be the key fixture and that will tell us whether its even remotely likely but 5th in itself would be a very achievement this year.

4th is gone. No point getting hopes up. Let's be realistic not optimistic. If we get it it'll have to be a full points

Its not really getting hopes up or anything like that.

Its just looking at the table and stating what can still be acheived.

No one will cry if we dont get 4th, but the possibilities make the season more exciting.

This season as a whole, not just for Everton, has already had some tasty twists n turns...8/9 games to go, there will be more!!

Out of interest we're three points ahead of where we were after the same number of games in 2005......league worked for us that year though, we'll need a lot more points than sixty one this time around; Roberto reckons seventy one.

Seventeen points from nine games? Doable if we hit some form.....not if we play like we did today.

As it's been said before, if we win our game in hand, we'll be 5 points behind with 8 games to go. We would need to pick up good results (and Arsenal will have to falter a bit) in order for it to be done. However I have never really been the type to think that far ahead (hence why I don't like picking results due to jynxing reasons and looking ahead in our schedule). One game at a time, and our next game is a quick one this Tuesday. Lets get a result there and carry on to the next one and let the chips fall where they fall.

Going to be quick with this and only say of course it's a possibility. (edited)

Arsenal have about a seven or eight point advantage but Everton have a game in hand don't they ?

Hopefully the former may get distracted by their FA Cup endeavors for the rest of the season, as it's been nine years since a last success and they'll be real eager to win something again after so many years away. - Hopefully that added distraction will work in our favor, but let's not forget the other chasing sides such as Tottenham and Manchester United etc.

Above all else, it's not just champions league soccer that is achievable - Everton could mathematically win the damn league as it stands with enough points left and games remaining - but needless to say, we realize that's not going to occur this season.

Out of interest we're three points ahead of where we were after the same number of games in 2005......league worked for us that year though, we'll need a lot more points than sixty one this time around; Roberto reckons seventy one.

Seventeen points from nine games? Doable if we hit some form.....not if we play like we did today.

I just looked at the remaining games and predicted that we will win another 16 points, then i came on here and saw this post. I agree with miguel tho (shocker), CL will take more than 71 points this season.

I am hoping so... But take a look at our fixture ahead and arsenal's: we have more away games than them, which have been our weakness all the season. And if we lost a few points by these away games we might even drop out from the fifth.

Anyway just keep moving forward and wait and see. Nothing is impossible, if the whole team just try their best and not behave like last year.

Away games arent a weakness for us...we've only not picked up any points in 4 away games.

I have to agree with Nina here, we may only have 4 losses away from home (tied for the least in the BPL), but we only have 4 wins (Tied with Aston Villa for fewest amongst the top 10). If we are to have any chance of cracking the top 4, we can't settle for draws.

I have to agree with Nina here, we may only have 4 losses away from home (tied for the least in the BPL), but we only have 4 wins (Tied with Aston Villa for fewest amongst the top 10). If we are to have any chance of cracking the top 4, we can't settle for draws.

Scoring goals has been the weakness. Get that sorted and we are much closer to being a top 4 side. Its also the lack if goals that has at times cist us at home.