IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

Looking at the actual away games we have played I dont think its a case of us playing that badly away, its more a case of simply not picking up the points we deserved.

We deserved more from the Spurs and Chelsea losses and possibly even the draw at Arsenal. Cardiff and Norwich were early season and we deserved more in those two as well.

Our poorest games came at Liverpool and West Brom, I cant remember much of Stoke away so cant comment and the Palace game was a frustrating one as they had a new man in charge and they put on one of the best defensive displays I have seen this season.

I dont think there is any difference between our home and away play and its just how the games have panned out more than anything.

It certainly is now.

Arsenal slip up again leaving us 6 pts behind with a game in hand, and still to play them.

Could be a really enthralling end to the season if we can maintain momentum.

love the enthusiasm but Arsenal have always qualified for CL under Wenger. Don't see it personally but loving the charge for 4th!

We are 11 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. If we win that extra game (vs. Palace), then we are 8 points behind. If we win tomorrow and Arsenal (away to Chelsea) lose, then we are 5 points behind. If we win our remaining home game against Arsenal, then we are just 2 points behind. With nine other games to play, I'd say that a CL spot remains a real possibility.

Task 2 complete: 8=>6

All things considered first season new players serious lack of luck in the injury department and so on I'm more then happy with how the season is panning out.

To be in with a shout of 4th taking into account the above and other sides having barn storming starts and seasons so far it's a great testiment to Roberto and the lads.

I'd be more then made up with a Europa spot if we get 4th I think I'd maccaroni my pants tbh.

The Everton v Arsenal game will be massive, but I still think Arsenal will finish 4th. That said, I've enjoyed the season a lot and the team already has the foundations to build upon.

New strikers (2), one new CB and a new winger for the next season are required, though.I am not so confident on RM's skills on the transfer market.

Arsenal seem to roll the lesser teams though. That's the only problem I see with it. They have favourable fixtures. If we can beat Fulham away.... Which we always struggle to do then that's a huge hurdle.

you never know...i'd have had swansea as a banker for them..hull won't be a walkover i don't think

Unless it meant us beating them to get CL, don't want us getting called bitter any more than usual.

Though the bitter thing really winds me up. Talk to a red about United, I'll show you bitter in its truest form. I know lads who are still wound up by Fergie saying he wants to knock them off their perch.

If Martinez can do this after only one season the signs are good for what he could get us achieving when he's been here a while.A

Agreed, however if we do get CL lets not forget the three players we have on loan who will leave (unless we can buy them/sign Barry).

They've helped out massivley, especially Barry and Lukaku. Lets hope to god we can sign them both and loan delo for another season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2006716-everton-can-snatch-top-four-place-bringing-huge-questions-of-wenger-and-moyes

When David [Moyes] first came to see me, he sat down 11 years ago and we were in a bad state, and he said 'we're not going down.' ... Roberto's first words were 'I'll get you in the Champions League.'

For years, Premier League viewers have been pummelled with the "fact" that David Moyes has kept Everton "punching above their weight," getting every last ounce of ability and results out of his low-cost squad of players to finish far higher than logic should allow.

Ok, even supposing we look past the "low-cost" signings of Marouane Fellaini (£19 million), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (£15m), Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (£9m) and so on, what now of Martinez guiding Everton to a genuine top-four finish with a negative net-spend of £12.5 million or so? Is he now climbing even further above Everton's realistic ambitions?

Or is he just delivering on a promise he knew was genuinely attainable and that his predecessor had failed to manage more than once?

Given that Moyes only once managed to secure a top-four finish in over a decade at the club, given that he failed to win at any of the big stadiums—Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates—during his time at Everton, is it possible that Moyes didn't make Everton punch above their weight but simply elevated them to a position from which he was incapable of improving?

Load of bollocks , its just more Moyes bashing and is factualy incorrect

Felli was £15M , Yak was £11M.

Moyes did finish in the top 4 , all be it only once, Roberto probably isnt going to, at least not this season

Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend due to the profit the club made on one of Moyes' players and a clever use of the loan market . What happens if we cant bring in the same calbre of loanee next season. Not to mention the vast majority of the side are stil Moyse' players

Roberto won 1-0 at Old Trafford but we also got totally annihilated at Analfield and The Emirates

Load of bollocks , its just more Moyes bashing and is factualy incorrect

Felli was £15M , Yak was £11M.

Moyes did finish in the top 4 , all be it only once, Roberto probably isnt going to, at least not this season

Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend due to the profit the club made on one of Moyes' players and a clever use of the loan market . What happens if we cant bring in the same calbre of loanee next season. Not to mention the vast majority of the side are stil Moyse' players

Roberto won 1-0 at Old Trafford but we also got totally annihilated at Analfield and The Emirates

Still not over him Dunc???

Just for the record, Arsenal, and Man United got battered against the same Liverpool team. We drew 1-1 with Arsenal at the Emirates and were outstanding (nah forget that game, pick the one where we lost a completely flattering scoreline and could have actually won the game)....

You love and loyalty for your ex manager is diluting the credit that Martinez deserves for this season.

You go on to state that Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend because he sold one of Moyes players??? Isn't that what Moyes did in finishing 4th when we sold Rooney for £28m?

So you can say Martinez has performed well with Moyes old players??? I disagree, relative to the time spent Martinez has been regularly using Barry, McCarthy, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Stones, Barkley, Oviedo - over 50% of a starting 11 that Moyes didn't use (yeah notice Barkley, Ovideo and Stones)

Meanwhile usding the same argument, our old manager has taken the champions, spent £70m, has inherited Januazaj and taken them to mid table... Genius.

Never mind those facts, you just keep on defending Moyes. BTW a united fans group have paid to have a plane fly a banner for "Moyes out" - not sure if you can stop them. Personally I think I want him there, it frees up a place for us to get in the top 4.

Edited by Hafnia