IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

Load of bollocks , its just more Moyes bashing and is factualy incorrect

Felli was £15M , Yak was £11M.

Moyes did finish in the top 4 , all be it only once, Roberto probably isnt going to, at least not this season

Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend due to the profit the club made on one of Moyes' players and a clever use of the loan market . What happens if we cant bring in the same calbre of loanee next season. Not to mention the vast majority of the side are stil Moyse' players

Roberto won 1-0 at Old Trafford but we also got totally annihilated at Analfield and The Emirates

Spot on Dunc!

However I'm once again optimistic about 4th.... Where's that Same old Everton thread....?

Still not over him Dunc???

Just for the record, Arsenal, and Man United got battered against the same Liverpool team. We drew 1-1 with Arsenal at the Emirates and were outstanding (nah forget that game, pick the one where we lost a completely flattering scoreline and could have actually won the game)....

You love and loyalty for your ex manager is diluting the credit that Martinez deserves for this season.

You go on to state that Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend because he sold one of Moyes players??? Isn't that what Moyes did in finishing 4th when we sold Rooney for £28m?

So you can say Martinez has performed well with Moyes old players??? I disagree, relative to the time spent Martinez has been regularly using Barry, McCarthy, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Stones, Barkley, Oviedo - over 50% of a starting 11 that Moyes didn't use (yeah notice Barkley, Ovideo and Stones)

Meanwhile usding the same argument, our old manager has taken the champions, spent £70m, has inherited Januazaj and taken them to mid table... Genius.

Never mind those facts, you just keep on defending Moyes. BTW a united fans group have paid to have a plane fly a banner for "Moyes out" - not sure if you can stop them. Personally I think I want him there, it frees up a place for us to get in the top 4.

How the hell can you even compare that? Martinez inherited a top 6 side who pushed for a Champions League spot.

Moyes was building from relegation fodder.

Let's get one thing straight. Martinez had Wigan floating just above the relegation places every season. I don't think he ever got a top 10 finish. That's not to mock his ability but rather show what Moyes achieved when he took over a club in a similar position.

How the hell can you even compare that? Martinez inherited a top 6 side who pushed for a Champions League spot.

Moyes was building from relegation fodder.

Let's get one thing straight. Martinez had Wigan floating just above the relegation places every season. I don't think he ever got a top 10 finish. That's not to mock his ability but rather show what Moyes achieved when he took over a club in a similar position.

I think you've got some reading to do... Moyes took over a team where the manager wasn't even bothered to watch them train. That Everton team was better than relegation fodder - Walter Smith was completely neglegent in his running of the club. At the time nearly almost anyone could have improved us as a team with some injection of "work ethic". Yes he saved us from relegtion - so did Joe Royle - he won an FA Cup (as too did Roberto).

A £28m asset in 2004 (Rooney) is like Martinez having a £37m asset now. So yes I can compare - it is a club changing amount of money.

Now Martinez at Wigan... he took a squad that had been built unsustainably by Jewell and Bruce - who had players on salaries that were going to send the club under. Martinez had to sell his top players and run the club on 20% less W&S whilst the rest of the league were increasing theirs... The very fact that he kept them up at all whilst doing this was an outstanding achievement.

Just for the record, Arsenal, and Man United got battered against the same Liverpool team. We drew 1-1 with Arsenal at the Emirates and were outstanding (nah forget that game, pick the one where we lost a completely flattering scoreline and could have actually won the game)....

You love and loyalty for your ex manager is diluting the credit that Martinez deserves for this season.

You go on to state that Roberto has had a good season on a negative net spend because he sold one of Moyes players??? Isn't that what Moyes did in finishing 4th when we sold Rooney for £28m?

So you can say Martinez has performed well with Moyes old players??? I disagree, relative to the time spent Martinez has been regularly using Barry, McCarthy, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Stones, Barkley, Oviedo - over 50% of a starting 11 that Moyes didn't use (yeah notice Barkley, Ovideo and Stones)

Meanwhile usding the same argument, our old manager has taken the champions, spent £70m, has inherited Januazaj and taken them to mid table... Genius.

Never mind those facts, you just keep on defending Moyes. BTW a united fans group have paid to have a plane fly a banner for "Moyes out" - not sure if you can stop them. Personally I think I want him there, it frees up a place for us to get in the top 4.

:rofl:

I think you've got some reading to do... Moyes took over a team where the manager wasn't even bothered to watch them train. That Everton team was better than relegation fodder - Walter Smith was completely neglegent in his running of the club. At the time nearly almost anyone could have improved us as a team with some injection of "work ethic". Yes he saved us from relegtion - so did Joe Royle - he won an FA Cup (as too did Roberto).

A £28m asset in 2004 (Rooney) is like Martinez having a £37m asset now. So yes I can compare - it is a club changing amount of money.

Now Martinez at Wigan... he took a squad that had been built unsustainably by Jewell and Bruce - who had players on salaries that were going to send the club under. Martinez had to sell his top players and run the club on 20% less W&S whilst the rest of the league were increasing theirs... The very fact that he kept them up at all whilst doing this was an outstanding achievement.

Moyes took over a squad consisting of poor-average players. Give him some credit he pulled us from a very dark era.

One question Haf... Do you think Moyes did a good job here?

Edited by MiguelCotto

Moyes took over a squad consisting of poor-average players. Give him some credit he pulled us from a very dark era.

One question Haf... Do you think Moyes did a good job here?

Do I think Moyes done a good job?

Yes - good would be the correct description in the same was that I would say Curbishley did a good job at Charlton, that Allardyce did a good job at Bolton, that Pulis did a good job at Stoke. All provided league finishes where they should have been without winning anything and did it playing percentage football that was created by being tough to beat and "effective" going forward.

Were they tacticians, positive managers, winners, progressive thinkers? No, neither is Moyes. For some reason we are led to believe that Moyes is still this bright young manager... he stopped being that after 3 years into his reign here.

Haf I really couldn't give a shit what is going on at Old Trafford because I don't support Man Utd and I am completely over Moyse

I'm not the one who keeps banging on about him or his current club

I merely pointed out that the article was full of shit

You are just allowing your obsession with Moyes to cloud your judgement

This current Everton squad is full of players that Moyes brought in, including Stones and Oviedo, so it's complete nonsense to suggest he hasn't had an influence on how well we are doing now

Blimey Dunc, we get it, you love Moyes and struggle with it.

No Haf you don't get it at all

I'm just appreciative of the job he did at Everton but unlike you I couldn't give a toss what he does or doesn't do at United or anywhere else for that matter

What I do struggle with is people trying to rewrite history to suit their own agenda

No Haf you don't get it at all

I'm just appreciative of the job he did at Everton but unlike you I couldn't give a toss what he does or doesn't do at United or anywhere else for that matter

What I do struggle with is people trying to rewrite history to suit their own agenda

History? I look at the history and see last trophy 1995, that's only history we write about. There is nothing remarkable that he achieved.

It's only now that people are seeing what a new manager is doing with some of his old players and what he has done with someone else's that the lightbulb has gone off. He was nowhere near as good as many painted out.

His parting shots to this club were a complete disgrace. If he had delivered a few trophies it would have still been a disgrace, he believed he had the rights to Baines and fellaini, not only that - on the cheap and more or less called us cheap.

I couldn't give a shit what he does next, I'm just pleased he's backed up my comments that he is a bottler. Never in doubt. Shifty to be like that after 11 years - he's got himself to blame.

A little reminder: This thread is supposed to be about the exciting possibility of making CL football by finishing fourth! :)

Unfortunately the top 4 article you posted prompted Dunc into defending valid Moyes criticisms...

However I agree, we now have a manager who can deliver top 4 even at the expense of a team that has been there for near 20 years...

Unfortunately the top 4 article you posted prompted Dunc into defending valid Moyes criticisms...

However I agree, we now have a manager who can deliver top 4 even at the expense of a team that has been there for near 20 years...

The article was complete nonsense

It was factually incorrect for a start and then tried to make out that Roberto had ended our problems playing away at the top teams just because we beat United 1-0. It's not like they have been invincible this year is it?

He didn't mention that we lost at Chelsea lost at Spurs and got trounced at Arsenal,City and Analfield

Some criticism of Moyes is perfectly valid but you can't just make shit up and tell half truths to suit your argument, which is basically what that reporter did

The article was complete nonsense

It was factually incorrect for a start and then tried to make out that Roberto had ended our problems playing away at the top teams just because we beat United 1-0. It's not like they have been invincible this year is it?

He didn't mention that we lost at Chelsea lost at Spurs and got trounced at Arsenal,City and Analfield

Some criticism of Moyes is perfectly valid but you can't just make shit up and tell half truths to suit your argument, which is basically what that reporter did

Spot on.

A city win would have been better, but still in with a shout. Fulham is a must win, and then the Arsenal game is like a cup final.

Very much so. Think a loss for us will severely damage our hopes though. Less damaging for them IMO. But will be great to claw them back. Their fixtures are a lot kinder.