IGNORED

A Champions League spot is still a real possibility

makes it sound like we have 25-30m to spend even if we don't qualify, pushing 50m if we do!

The way I read it is that 25m comes solely from the additional TV revenues for being in the Champions League qualifying round. That would imply the real financial benefit of being in the CL is considerably greater.

The way I read it is that 25m comes solely from the additional TV revenues for being in the Champions League qualifying round. That would imply the real financial benefit of being in the CL is considerably greater.

The article says £25m in TV revenue if you qualify for the group stages. So not for just being in the qualifying round.

Taking a look at the squad and planning for the next season, the CL will be just 6 extra games but that extra games will generate much more fatigue on the legs of the players. Furthermore, any English team should aspire to qualify to the next round (barring bad luck in the draw). The extra 20 million, if the CL spot is finally achieved, should provide funds for at least three players in: one defender, one midfielder and one attacker.

What RM will see at the moment will be something like:

GK: Howard, Joel (covered)

FB: Coleman, Baines, Oviedo, Hibbert (not really at the level required, but Stones can play here as well. If Hibbert moves, sign someone cheap)

CB: Jagielka, Distin, Stones, Alcaraz (injury prone, if the team gets into CL, sign some youngster with potential to be the 4th choice CB)

CM: McCarthy, Barkley, Gibson, Osman, Barry (will he stay?), signing. If Barry stays, try to get a younger, better version of Osman (Cleverley?). If he doesn't, try to replace him with a good tactician that feels comfortable with the ball at his feet.

WF: Mirallas, McGeady, Pienaar, Deulofeu (will he stay for another season? if not, then sign someone quick, that can dribble and combine well. Naismith or Osman could do a job here if the right man is not available)

CF: Naismith, Koné, new starting CF (Lukaku would be great, he's only 20 and he's proven. Bacca, from Seville, another decent albeit older and unproven candidate, etc.)

Roberto usually wants his players to be able to adapt to multiple positions and systems, that's why he usually tries to find smart individuals. Naismith, Stones, Osman can play different roles and that gives him flexibility both in-game situations and in the transfer market as well. The youngsters will probably get their opportunities in cup games.

I feel that Everton has become an interesting place for free agents and out-of-the-spotlight players as well (Barry, McGeady), which can generate some decent opportunities in the market too.

Let's not forget that RM was able to extract goals from Rodallega and great performances from players like N'Zogbia, Di Santo and Cleverley. (But I would not trust him to find the right striker, he signed Koné TWICE and Boselli for 6million...)

We are 11 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. If we win that extra game (vs. Palace), then we are 8 points behind. If we win tomorrow and Arsenal (away to Chelsea) lose, then we are 5 points behind. If we win our remaining home game against Arsenal, then we are just 2 points behind. With nine other games to play, I'd say that a CL spot remains a real possibility.

Task 1 complete: 11 points behind => 8 points behind

Task 2 complete: 8 points behind => 6 points behind

Task 3 complete: 6 points behind => 4 points behind

Task 4 complete: 4 points behind => 1 point behind

Task 5 complete: 1 point behind => 2 points ahead

Loving the countdown!

Incidentally.....(fall back position) five draws would guarantee Europa League.

Incredible though to hit a two point per game average at this stage of the season......I just can't help feeling the wheels have to come off sometime; this doesn't happen to Everton. At least not in the modern era.

Its on, its definately on....can almost touch it!

It'll go down to the last game of the season.

Who knows whats going to happen? You cant 2nd guess anything this season anymore....Im just glad that we are mixing it with, what the media like to call, 'the big clubs'.

We all just have to believe that we belong here.

But let's at least bask in the pleasure of this moment. How many of us, just three weeks ago, believed we would now be in FOURTH PLACE!!

ScreenShot2014-04-12at23907PM_zps13c661e

Booyaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

And if results go our way in the next few days, we are within a nip of the redshite!!!

Lets just enjoy the 'what ifs'!!!

As an Everton fan that's a wise course of action.

I've always thought about things like that, whether in sports or life in general :). Dreams are nice sure but in order to get to those dreams, you have to accomplish a set of goals first. And our next goal should be to get the win against Palace on Wednesday. Believe me, it's been a roller coaster being an Everton fan these last four years but I must say this has been the funnest season of them all.

Fucking Sky took the piss this morning. They had Alan Smith and Tony Cascarino doing a round up in the Sky sports studios about the weekends games. They went through the Shites and Chelsea match and then went on and about Arsenal. I'm watching this and then they say after the break we will discuss Everton and can they make the Champs league.... So I wait again and then they show our goal at weekend. They ask Knobhead Smith a question and the first thing he says is about Gerry. "Theres another one of their loan signings making the goal... quick as a flash they then go on about Wenger and the loan system, is it fair etc etc and that's it! they finish the segment and we got about 30 seconds of discussion!!! They don't want us anywhere near the top four, we are not in the "love in" and to quote Kevin Keegan "I would love it if we beat them"............